Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (6-4, 4.37).

TIGERS (40-31)
    TBA
    Pitching: RHP Doug Fister (6-4, 3.21).

Game time: 7:08 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Game Thread 76: Red Sox at Tigers

Koji Uehara said he's been told he will close.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Bailey said he's been told he won't be closing. He's OK with it, but he said he's still confident "I'll throw that last pitch of the year."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Bailey again denies he's dealing with a physical issue: "If you're hurt, you're hurt. I've had my share of that. I know the difference."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Bailey said he's been told he won't be closing. He's OK with it, but he said he's still confident "I'll throw that last pitch of the year."

Sure he will. For Portland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Well, here we go again with Jon "Big Game" Lesster on the mound to pitch to the #2 OPS team in the AL. No need to see what he is made of; his work over the last 12 starts has told us that already.

My predicted pitching line: at LEAST four ER over no more than SIX innings. If he does that, his in-game ERA will be a nice even 6.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Farrell: Uehara will close because "he's done it in the ninth inning before."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Farrell: David Ross "clearly has a concussion." He's been sent back home to Florida, and he's been shut down at least for another week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Farrell: Iglesias over Middlebrooks today was a response to "internal competition," so Iglesias is winning himself a semi-regular job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Farrell made it sound like Bailey will start out in low-leverage situations but will be asked to pitch in high-leverage spots again soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

JF: "If (Uehara) is not available, we have confidence that it could be Junichi, it could be Andrew Miller, and, in time, Andrew Bailey."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Rather than employ a strict rotation at SS/3B, John Farrell said he has to react to what's happening on the field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Well, here we go again with Jon "Big Game" Lesster on the mound to pitch to the #2 OPS team in the AL. No need to see what he is made of; his work over the last 12 starts has told us that already.

My predicted pitching line: at LEAST four ER over no more than SIX innings. If he does that, his in-game ERA will be a nice even 6.

Well he has already given up 5 hits in 2 innings and looking very hittable...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

What ever happened to Jon Lester? He just doesn't seem like the same pitcher who started the year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lester has been unhappy in his role as ace of the staff...even if that role was actually occupied by Beckett for a while in the last few years, and then taken over by Clay this year. So actually he's not happy with his role as No. 2 on the staff. I think he needs to think of himself as a not-so-go to No. 4 or 5 guy. He should call Wakefield and get his thoughts about that. It could change him. Or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lester could be the most unluckiest pitcher in baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

What ever happened to Jon Lester? He just doesn't seem like the same pitcher who started the year. 

he has lost velocity number 1  number 2 is his control in not the same and number 3 he is a head case when things start going wrong

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Lester needs a break. He needs to regroup and get back his game. He's gotta feel like crap right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Told ya

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If youre betting money on Fat Cat Ace holding this lead, dont bet much. I was going to post this when it was 6-1, but they put up 4 before I could get to it. FCA strikes again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Lester could be the most unluckiest pitcher in baseball.

No, he stinks. Luck has nothing to do with it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Looks like Lester is still bringing the suckage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

If youre betting money on Fat Cat Ace holding this lead, dont bet much. I was going to post this when it was 6-1, but they put up 4 before I could get to it. FCA strikes again. 

Jon "Big Game" Losester strikes again

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lester is the worst starter the Sox have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

All Iggy can do is hit and field.

Sections
Shortcuts