Game Thread 78: Red Sox at Tigers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Game Thread 78: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I just got home and saw that Bailey is pitching in the 7th with a one run lead? Are you freakin kidding me Farrell.... hasnt Bailey shown you he doesnt have it ? So giving him a few days off and what now he has got it all together?  Whether he gets out of the 7th or not this was a stupid move and I am really starting to doubt Farrell's capabilities...

But much like Tito, the players like Farrel and wasn't that the major point of hiring the guy in the 1st place.

It's beginning to look like 2004 to 2011 when the TEAM held their own but continuously had to overcome inept managing. The question is, is this team good enough to "WIN IN SPITE OF FARRELL"?

I guess last season the team lost in spite of the great Bobby Valentine.

You couldn't be more correct. Bobby has forgotten more about managing than Farrell or Francona ever knew. So yes, IN SPITE OF Valentine's knowledge, they lost, IN SPITE OF VALENTINE. Better, by far, than winning in spite of managing buffoons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"The non-call against Krug was pathetic. Lucic should have broken his stick over the referee's head instead of the goal post. The refs were definitely pro Chicago last night. Bastads!"

U Rock Dude!~

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to mjagger's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to xdrive's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think the umpire blew this in the 8th, Nava did catch the ball and it changed everything

No, Farrell blew it in the 7th.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly... so what could have been the Sox taking 3 of 4 turns out the reverse of that... way to manage Farrell...

[/QUOTE]

Did Farrell hit Peralta with an 0-2 pitch to force in the tying run? What would you have done there genius??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Afternoon all...hope you all are having a good Sunday.....

Our afternoon was about as good as yours.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Wow what a crock of crap! If they don't take Drew out of this lineup they will continue to lose. He can't field his position. Bailey is lost and totally afraid of his own shadow! The real pizzer was the blown call by the second base umpire on the alledged dropped ball, replay clearly shows he was taking the ball out after making the catch. Oh well another day another cheating Ref or ump! Last night at the end of the Hockey game a Blackhawk clearly slashes Krug and then another Blackhawk trips him no call. I don't want to hear another guy say you can't blame the refs or umps because they are the ones in charge of the games and the rules. To the cheating p.o.s.'s who caused my teams losses in the last 24 hours drop dead!

The replay clearly shows that the umpire's call was defensible:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22508637/video-controversial-nocatch-call-costly-for-red-sox

A Detroit fan would have a beef if that play had been ruled a catch.

May I suggest therapy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

You couldn't be more correct. Bobby has forgotten more about managing than Farrell or Francona ever knew. So yes, IN SPITE OF Valentine's knowledge, they lost, IN SPITE OF VALENTINE. Better, by far, than winning in spite of managing buffoons.

Some classic thoughts from the great mind of BOSOX1941.  In this one post BOSOX not only praises Bobby Valentine as a manager, but tells us that losing is better than winning. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]Wow what a crock of crap! If they don't take Drew out of this lineup they will continue to lose. He can't field his position. Bailey is lost and totally afraid of his own shadow! The real pizzer was the blown call by the second base umpire on the alledged dropped ball, replay clearly shows he was taking the ball out after making the catch. Oh well another day another cheating Ref or ump! Last night at the end of the Hockey game a Blackhawk clearly slashes Krug and then another Blackhawk trips him no call. I don't want to hear another guy say you can't blame the refs or umps because they are the ones in charge of the games and the rules. To the cheating p.o.s.'s who caused my teams losses in the last 24 hours drop dead!

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22508637/video-controversial-nocatch-call-costly-for-red-sox

May I suggest therapy?

[/QUOTE]

I thought it could have gone either way. It was by no means clear cut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Wow what a crock of crap! If they don't take Drew out of this lineup they will continue to lose. He can't field his position. Bailey is lost and totally afraid of his own shadow! The real pizzer was the blown call by the second base umpire on the alledged dropped ball, replay clearly shows he was taking the ball out after making the catch. Oh well another day another cheating Ref or ump! Last night at the end of the Hockey game a Blackhawk clearly slashes Krug and then another Blackhawk trips him no call. I don't want to hear another guy say you can't blame the refs or umps because they are the ones in charge of the games and the rules. To the cheating p.o.s.'s who caused my teams losses in the last 24 hours drop dead!

May I suggest therapy?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It looks like the ump blew the call. They should give flags to MLB managers like the NFL does; MLB compared to the other major sports is neanderthal when it comes to replay calls. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Wow what a crock of crap! If they don't take Drew out of this lineup they will continue to lose. He can't field his position. Bailey is lost and totally afraid of his own shadow! The real pizzer was the blown call by the second base umpire on the alledged dropped ball, replay clearly shows he was taking the ball out after making the catch. Oh well another day another cheating Ref or ump! Last night at the end of the Hockey game a Blackhawk clearly slashes Krug and then another Blackhawk trips him no call. I don't want to hear another guy say you can't blame the refs or umps because they are the ones in charge of the games and the rules. To the cheating p.o.s.'s who caused my teams losses in the last 24 hours drop dead!   The replay clearly shows that the umpire's call was defensible:

May I suggest therapy?

It looks like the ump blew the call. They should give flags to MLB managers like the NFL does; MLB compared to the other major sports is neanderthal when it comes to replay calls. 

It's interesting that the commentator on the video speculated real-time on the replay that that ball may have hit the heel of Nava's glove and "it was rolling up his forearm." 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Wow what a crock of crap! If they don't take Drew out of this lineup they will continue to lose. He can't field his position. Bailey is lost and totally afraid of his own shadow! The real pizzer was the blown call by the second base umpire on the alledged dropped ball, replay clearly shows he was taking the ball out after making the catch. Oh well another day another cheating Ref or ump! Last night at the end of the Hockey game a Blackhawk clearly slashes Krug and then another Blackhawk trips him no call. I don't want to hear another guy say you can't blame the refs or umps because they are the ones in charge of the games and the rules. To the cheating p.o.s.'s who caused my teams losses in the last 24 hours drop dead!   The replay clearly shows that the umpire's call was defensible:

May I suggest therapy?

It's interesting that the commentator on the video speculated real-time on the replay that that ball may have hit the heel of Nava's glove and "it was rolling up his forearm." 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe his eyes are better than mine then

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

"At some point the inactivity of Will is going to come into play... at some pt we got to get him to where he's playing every day." — Farrell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

"At some point the inactivity of Will is going to come into play... at some pt we got to get him to where he's playing every day." — Farrell

Will Middlebrooks is going to Pawtucket very soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Were the Red Sox to send Middlebrooks to Triple-A to get everyday at-bats, the call would more likely to go to Snyder, who has played in the major leagues before and can be an impact bat off the bench and in a periodic start at third base.

Sections
Shortcuts