Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox:
    It is kind of ironic how the posters who cannot stand any negative comments are , in fact , the most negative posters on here. All they ever do is complain about the other posters. Never contribute anything positive of their own.
    Posted by dgalehouse

You got it dgale, and then they get all moderate when you call them on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They traded   first baseman with power from Pitts gurgh for him which i never could understand. He was always good with the glove but never a good hitter. Watching these games is frustrating because we split a series with KC whcich we should have won, we lost two of three against Seattle. We should have swept Minnesota. The problem is the Yankees win these games against these weak opponents, we dont.
    When Albers was pitching that second inning why didn't Terry bring in Dan Wheeler for the 8th, but now he is able to pitch the 9th inning. Truly amazing Terry and frustrating as a fan to watch. \Is he trying to get behind the Yankees to block their waiver claims because I am confused here.

I was here when the forum was bashing Kotchman when he was on our team. Many wanted him gone and were calling Theo inept for signing him to play here. Does anyone else remember that? How fickle and fair weather our fans are? Now you are applauding him and blaming Theo for letting him go. Amazing.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I thought Bedard pitched well enough to win tonight.  Offense and defense let 
    him down.  Youk needs to get back in there.  Papi too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

My concern is for Carl Crawford who swings at anything. He can be a top hitter, but he's not using his smarts.

Lowrie needs practice in the minors.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Wow after I read my post I read the ones that went up before I could finish. Man oh man this is a tough crowd.

The RS are going to start a third game in 24 hours. Youkilis is playing hurt. If Ortiz is sitting is there any reason aside from having a tempr tantrum because the RS did not sweep a doubleheader to assume he is faking it?

Can't say this enough, the best teams lose 40% of the time, the worst win 40% of the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

Welcome to 2nd place and yes...CC continues to look like a bu$t

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Another scoreless inning for Wheeler.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Red Sox traded Adam LaRoche for him  which I never understood to Atlanta and we received Kotchmann.

I was here when the forum was bashing Kotchman when he was on our team. Many wanted him gone and were calling Theo inept for signing him to play here. Does anyone else remember that? How fickle and fair weather our fans are? Now you are applauding him and blaming Theo for letting him go. Amazing.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The pickoff play was mishandled by Silvas, instead of running right at the runner to make him commit he threw behind him at third, a cardinal (little league) mistake. Lowrie is lost in the headlights and fields like Crawford bats.
    Posted by allancrain
    I will give you this, it was the aggressive play but it left Lowrie having to go home without much if any of a throwing lane to Varitek.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nieman is good , there is no question about that. The problem is that the Sox are not hitting anybody these days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow after I read my post I read the ones that went up before I could finish. Man oh man this is a tough crowd. The RS are going to start a third game in 24 hours. Youkilis is playing hurt. If Ortiz is sitting is there any reason aside from having a tempr tantrum because the RS did not sweep a doubleheader to assume he is faking it? Can't say this enough, the best teams lose 40% of the time, the worst win 40% of the time.
    Posted by fivekatz

No one is faking an injury, I agree that's ridiculous. I wouldn't necessarily mind THIS loss if I knew they were going to win tommorow. Trouble is we don't know that (David Price?), and the most frustrating thing of all to watch in baseball is a team that's not hitting, and this team hasn't hit well since the AS break. More accurately I guess the past 3 weeks or so. It's becoming more and more of an issue--and not far from being a serious one. It's because people love this team so much that they react the way they do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

four runs down leading off and Lowrie swings at ball four.  Bad day for A-Gon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Another loss in a game they could have won.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Agon looked horrid today as well. No offense we got lucky with a HR from Varitek and A HR from Ellsbury. We stunck up the field tonight. We need a waiver wire pick up in particular a right handed outfielder who can hit. D Mac is awful as a hitter .174 is not helping this team at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

four runs down leading off and Lowrie swings at ball four.  Bad day for A-Gon.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

That's my point, the entire team is in disarray, and it's happening too often lately. Every team has those times, but notice the good times between are getting shorter and shorter lately? A win tommorow would go a long way towards getting them back on track, but that 8 game road trip? Man, that could be murder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

They traded   first baseman with power from Pitts gurgh for him which i never could understand. He was always good with the glove but never a good hitter. Watching these games is frustrating because we split a series with KC whcich we should have won, we lost two of three against Seattle. We should have swept Minnesota. The problem is the Yankees win these games against these weak opponents, we dont. When Albers was pitching that second inning why didn't Terry bring in Dan Wheeler for the 8th, but now he is able to pitch the 9th inning. Truly amazing Terry and frustrating as a fan to watch. \Is he trying to get behind the Yankees to block their waiver claims because I am confused here. In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox :
    Posted by AL34
    As far as acient history the RS traded LaRoche to get Kochman because they also got VMart which was going to radically step into LaRoche PT. They felt Kochman was more used to be a PT player and a better defender than LaRoche. And between Lowell being in the line-up and VMart being at 1B when he wasn't, the back up 1B did not see much PT.

The RS explained this at the time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

3-hit by a 'nieman', Bo's split pair with devil dawg, powered by the bat of the leadoff hitter, els, w/ a 3-run dinguh in day game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I seriously doubt that any current Sox player would fake an injury.  I think the question is: Is the injury too severe to play through?  We cannot know the answer to that.  Should guys still be getting rest days at this point of the pennant race?  What would Cal Ripken Jr. do?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

sox got 6 hits tonight, they are a much better hitting team than that. I know TB has some good pitching but the sox are still better than 6 hits.  Are they all slumping at the same time?  Seems Ellsbury is hitting well, anyone else lately?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It was all about the opposing pitcher tonight - Niemann. Hats off to him. There is no need, logic, or reason to scapegoat the Red Sox. Even if Scutaro and Ortiz were playing , it wouldn't had mattered. The other team was the best team tonight. See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Leave your crying towels at home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I seriously doubt that any current Sox player would fake an injury.  I think the question is: Is the injury too severe to play through?  We cannot know the answer to that.  Should guys still be getting rest days at this point of the pennant race?  What would Cal Ripken Jr. do?
    Posted by dgalehouse

Then you trust the medical staff, right. I go to my doctor with a list of questions but I don't pretend to have more education than he does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, disappointing day. After a win this afternoon, I was pretty confident the Sox would win tonight. That is, until I got in and saw that Ortiz was out again, and that Youkilis had been held out of the second game. I started to wonder then, with good reason as it turned out. It'd be nice if KC would co-operate, but we all know they probably won't--and will keep being unco-operative when we get to town--count on it. They'll be due for a win when the Sox get there, and will play like world beaters. Tommorow is another day, hope for better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Kotchmann was making less money than LaRoche was also. LaRoche was a much better hitter than Kotchmann was and could hit for power, whcich Kotchmann could not.

n Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox:
    In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : As far as acient history the RS traded LaRoche to get Kochman because they also got VMart which was going to radically step into LaRoche PT. They felt Kochman was more used to be a PT player and a better defender than LaRoche. And between Lowell being in the line-up and VMart being at 1B when he wasn't, the back up 1B did not see much PT. The RS explained this at the time.
    Posted by fivekatz

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

in two games today we had 6 hits and 16 strikeouts

Sections
Shortcuts