Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox:
    In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : That's my point, the entire team is in disarray, and it's happening too often lately. Every team has those times, but notice the good times between are getting shorter and shorter lately? A win tommorow would go a long way towards getting them back on track, but that 8 game road trip? Man, that could be murder.
    Posted by TheExaminer
    That's one way of look at it or a win tommorow and the RS will have only lost one series in the last weeks.

It's baseball and teams are never as good as their 10-2 streaks or as bad as their 2-10 streaks.

The road trip is a grind alright but it is what it is. Going bell to bell in 1st place isn't much of an option when you play in the same division as the NYY, even in a year where you have owned them in the first 12. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I seriously doubt that any current Sox player would fake an injury.  I think the question is: Is the injury too severe to play through?  We cannot know the answer to that.  Should guys still be getting rest days at this point of the pennant race?  What would Cal Ripken Jr. do?
    Posted by dgalehouse
    If he played for RS Nation? He would duit up, go 0-4 and get blasted for putting his stupid streak ahead of the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It was all about the opposing pitcher tonight - Niemann. Hats off to him. There is no need, logic, or reason to scapegoat the Red Sox. Even if Scutaro and Ortiz were playing , it wouldn't had mattered. The other team was the best team tonight. See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Leave your crying towels at home.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

That's gonna be hard to do seeing I'm watching the game at home. Where YOU watching from? But we'd all be glad to do so if you'd leave your impertenence "at home" and just comment on the game pike. Meanwhile, KC pulls to within 1, a glimmer of hope perhaps to hold on to first. Time will tell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : If he played for RS Nation? He would duit up, go 0-4 and get blasted for putting his stupid streak ahead of the team.
    Posted by fivekatz

LOL....good one katz, I think you have that right!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I love the Red Sox but its the managing that Francona does that is amazing. I know he has won two World Series with us. In 2009 I watched going down the strretch against the Yankees when he decided to rest all his regulars and gave the yankees the games. We looked so flat going into the playoffs against Anaheim that year, that it was embarrassing. 
    Girrardi goes for the killer blows against weaker teams, we don't do that and it frustrating to watch. 
    Even in 2007 I was watching Gagne blow game after game in which Terry was going to relinquish the division( we had a small lead)  to see what he had in his setup guy Gagne. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Kotchmann was making less money than LaRoche was also. LaRoche was a much better hitter than Kotchmann was and could hit for power, whcich Kotchmann could not. n Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox :
    Posted by AL34
    Power hitting doesn't mean much when you are watching Vmart and Youkilis play every day and not getting regular PAs.

Whether it is the weather or he needed about 200 ABs to get tracked, LaRoche was a notorious second half hitter. He had never been a once a week starter and pinch hitter, and his D wasn't good enough to use as a defensive replacement.

You might have wanted to find out if LaRoche would have been happy and productive as the 11th position player on the 25 man roster, the RS weren't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : That's gonna be hard to do seeing I'm watching the game at home. Where YOU watching from? But we'd all be glad to do so if you'd leave your impertenence "at home" and just comment on the game pike. Meanwhile, KC pulls to within 1, a glimmer of hope perhaps to hold on to first. Time will tell.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Punxsutawney Phil is the self-appointed official ombudsman of the game thread.  The only " real Sox fan " on here. It is his sworn duty to straighten everyone out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Punxsutawney Phil is the self-appointed official ombudsman of the game thread.  The only " real Sox fan " on here. It is his sworn duty to straighten everyone out.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Yes, so I've come to learn. He's very bad at it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Minor leaguers on the present roster is starting to outweigh the actual Major league players! Varichoke,Scrubtaro,Darnsmell,Lowerie,Avenue D,Salty,Dmorale s,
    I wonder how long it would take to get Lavarnaway into Boston? Choke,Darnsmell and AvinueD could hit a barn. That wheel throw to the plate by Lowrie was pathetic and father time looked equally as lost trying to catch it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now we're crossing the line between genuine criticism and stupidity. That's my cue. Night all. NYY back ahead by 2.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

agree, Red Sox offense is MIA. Congrats on all those hits, at Fenway PArk.

Magadan = genius.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

More bad news papi in walking boot for 2-3 days that really means a week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : A marathon for you today. You have been on here now for 14 hours straight bashing your Red Sox. Do you eat TV dinners and pizz out the open window? How are you able to do it? Trolls have so much energy.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

such venom there, spike. I used to like drawing trolls when I was a kid. Did you think maybe that during the 14 hours you think I've been here that maybe, just maybe I was doing work, taking care of family needs, coaching a practice, having dinner with my family. I posted in between all that, but since you are here 24-7 to police the forum for trolls, I guess that makes you better than everyone else. You're a sick, sick little sad man. Softy for all his posts at least is certifiable crazy. You I think actually know that you are a waste of chat space, but have to fufill your destiny of being a menace to the forum. But please, please keep patrolling the forum 24-7 for us trolls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -()TheBabe()-. Show -()TheBabe()-'s posts

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : such venom there, spike. I used to like drawing trolls when I was a kid. Did you think maybe that during the 14 hours you think I've been here that maybe, just maybe I was doing work, taking care of family needs, coaching a practice, having dinner with my family. I posted in between all that, but since you are here 24-7 to police the forum for trolls, I guess that makes you better than everyone else. You're a sick, sick little sad man. Softy for all his posts at least is certifiable crazy. You I think actually know that you are a waste of chat space, but have to fufill your destiny of being a menace to the forum. But please, please keep patrolling the forum 24-7 for us trolls

Bravo.......bravo.

Posted by dannycater

Sections
Shortcuts