Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox:
    [QUOTE]That is a good way to keep the pitch count down. Now , how about some momentum for the offense.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

thinking the same gale.....

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]A pitcher's best, best friend!
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

More like a pitcher's fiance in this case I'd say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

yeah, big strong young guy like salty, even catching back to back, no big deal, these guys are babied out the wazoo these days

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I hate first pitch swinging outs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Did you know that Cater served his residency at Mass General with Dr. House. He knows more than all of the Sox medical staff combined. From his armchair in San Diego he has seen the X-Rays and MRIs of Papi's ailment and knows exaactly what the proper method of treatment is. After all, he learned how to tie a tourniquet in the Cub Scouts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

CC I cannot figure him out. He looked like he turned a corner against the Yankees and then he went cold again. I think you have to hope he gets hot the last month and a half of the season.

[QUOTE]CC struck out his first at bat in both ends of a doubleheader? Can't he sit down for someone else to play?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You've got to be kidding me. After a momentum shifter like a triple play we have this pathetic inning? I'm tellin' ya guys, if something's not done about this hitting it's going to be a short autumn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, big strong young guy like salty, even catching back to back, no big deal, these guys are babied out the wazoo these days
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]
    vtek hit a home run. what are you honestly complaining about?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Crawford's biggest problem is pitch recognition. He will take strikes and chase balls. Having some brutal at-bats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Some good news, Yankees trailing 2-0, but it's early. But none of that means anything if the Sox can't capitalize.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]You've got to be kidding me. After a momentum shifter like a triple play we have this pathetic inning? I'm tellin' ya guys, if something's not done about this hitting it's going to be a short autumn.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Remember the beginning of the season and how frustrating that was? at least team can still find a way to win some games when it appears they are in a funk...and I'd rather them go into a funk now than in autumn. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]You've got to be kidding me. After a momentum shifter like a triple play we have this pathetic inning? I'm tellin' ya guys, if something's not done about this hitting it's going to be a short autumn.
    The offense has gone south lately, that's for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Wow - triple play followed up by non-existing offense.  Oh well, Bedard can get through this inning unscathed, then perhaps the middle of our lineup can do some damage.  I'm still thinking AGON is about ready to go off with some power sooner than later.  Might as well start tonight.  GO SOX!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason, people forget that being a DH doesn't require a lot of exertion of effort. It's 4 at bats, if you hit safely you run the bases. Not very taxing.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Did you know that Cater served his residency at Mass General with Dr. House. He knows more than all of the Sox medical staff combined. From his armchair in San Diego he has seen the X-Rays and MRIs of Papi's ailment and knows exaactly what the proper method of treatment is. After all, he learned how to tie a tourniquet in the Cub Scouts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : vtek hit a home run. what are you honestly complaining about?
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

the discussion was about having salty's bat in the line-up in game 2, at least as the dh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Lousy pitch by Beddard  over the middle of the plate. Our offense has been horrid the last 4 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Umpire blew that last pitch to Damon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

5 IP 1 ER, gotta like what we're seeing from Bedard so far

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Some good news, Yankees trailing 2-0, but it's early. But none of that means anything if the Sox can't capitalize.

yanks just left them loaded....a yankee loss is always a good thing Exam

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Did you know that Cater served his residency at Mass General with Dr. House. He knows more than all of the Sox medical staff combined. From his armchair in San Diego he has seen the X-Rays and MRIs of Papi's ailment and knows exaactly what the proper method of treatment is. After all, he learned how to tie a tourniquet in the Cub Scouts.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Maybe pike, but I'd much rather listen to his opinions/thoughts than your random and pointless "look at me, I'm here tonight" criticisms. Is there ever a night where you don't scroll back through pages on the thread looking for posts that you can make smart remarks about? The other night you went and got something from like 2 pages and 45 minutes back and did this with it. Why don't you actually contribute something to the discussion for a change? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even you, but all you ever do is post things like the above to make fun of people because you think it makes you look intelligent and witty. It doesn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

wow......we can't seem to put up any runs.

Can we please start playing the Yankees again???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Watching our offense is like watching paint dry in a house.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Darnell is a good guy, but maybe not a major league ballplayer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They were lucky to get what they got out of him last year. He is a career minor league player and thats why he was available last year.

[QUOTE]Darnell is a good guy, but maybe not a major league ballplayer.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]wow......we can't seem to put up any runs. Can we please start playing the Yankees again???
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Hugh, what I'm afraid of is that NYY are going to figure out how to beat us head to head in a few games, and then we got trouble. This team has simply forgotten how to hit the ball. Don't know if they're getting worn down or not, surely not, it's only August. We can't say "well, it was good pitching" every night.

Sections
Shortcuts