Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox:
    [QUOTE]It is not twisting things out of proportion to call out a JoeSixPack out of order who thinks that he is more educated than the Red Sox medical staff. You need to keep the ignorant out of here since it is your forum and not his. Try not to to side with such ignorance.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Getting touchy are we now pike? "Calling out a joesixpack" huh? And just what are YOU? Just what is it inside of you as a man that calls on you to inceasently rip other posters? Literally 99% of what you post on here is going back "calling out" somebody for saying something you happen to disagree with. You are a very small and insecure man pike, which is what led you to react in the way you did by posting this response. "Keep the ignorant out of here"? Why are you still in here then? And YOU are going to bestow your wisdom upon us all by pointing out who is ignorant with the thundering power of your fiery intellect? See that red "X" at the top right of your screen pike? Click it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : I don't agree with Tito's philosophy here, but he rarely wavers on his ability to send out dreadful batting lineups, then explain them with such defenses as 1. need to rest them before they get tired. 2. we have too many guys battered and hurt. 3. we won the first game, so the next game is just gravy
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Maybe he is privy to 100 times more information that you know. He makes $3 mil. per yr. and you are on here 14 hrs. per day. who do you think is more intelligent and qualified? The only posters who are more Headstrong and obstinate than you are Andrewmitch and the old Law. You and those posters have ruined the forum and now the gamethread. Terry has more baseball knowledge in his toenail than you have in your brain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Back to back HR in KC. Royals back on top 4-3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Guys, its fun to follow what the Yanks are doing but the Sox can't worry about them.  They play the Yanks tough head to head and I believe the Sox are the better team.  Let's just get through the season healthy and I'll take my chances.  I think the Sox will win the division.  But like I have said all along, I expect it to go back and forth with the Yanks to the final week.  If the Yanks being close bothers some of you, I'm afraid you are in for a long August and September.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, its fun to follow what the Yanks are doing but the Sox can't worry about them.  They play the Yanks tough head to head and I believe the Sox are the better team.  Let's just get through the season healthy and I'll take my chances.  I think the Sox will win the division.  But like I have said all along, I expect it to go back and forth with the Yanks to the final week.  If the Yanks being close bothers some of you, I'm afraid you are in for a long August and September.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Too late. LOL...Have the Sox game on my laptop, and NYY on my ipod.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

4-3 Kansas City...Cabrera homers against his old team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Of course they have.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Now they haven't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

be great to get this one, don't like the match-up much tomorrow (price v. lackey)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, its fun to follow what the Yanks are doing but the Sox can't worry about them.  They play the Yanks tough head to head and I believe the Sox are the better team.  Let's just get through the season healthy and I'll take my chances.  I think the Sox will win the division.  But like I have said all along, I expect it to go back and forth with the Yanks to the final week.  If the Yanks being close bothers some of you, I'm afraid you are in for a long August and September.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Scoreboard watching is a time honored tradition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]4-3 Kansas City...Cabrera homers against his old team!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]
    Go Royals!!! Can George Brett come out of retirement for a couple nights?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Another great play by who else........PD!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Listened to a little of mike francesa WFAN New York on the way home..he had Gonzalez first, Granderson second, Ellsbury 3
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Which just shows Francesa's ignorance.  AGON is about 0 for All Star break (power numbers wise) and without Grandy, where would the Yanks be?  I can see a Grandy vs. Ells debate, but quite honestly, AGON's played his way out of that debate.  Can he "go off" with power numbers?  I think so.  But anyone with non-homer glasses would have to go Grandy-Ells in that order.  Also, Verlander's making a pitch (pun intended) as where would the Tigers be without his numbers?  Lotta' season left - I just hope one of the Red Sox wins the WS MVP - that would trump all other awards IMHO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Pedey is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Not sure FUN is what I'd call it Jim.....i'd rather go to the Dentist
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The most horrendous baseball game I ever watched was game 7 of the 07 ALCS. After Okajima got Blake to ground into that DP to end the 7th inning, I called my dad and said "I can't take this anymore". That's why my very favorite memory from that whole year was PD's HR in the bottom of the inning. Then you KNEW they were going to win and could relax. And speaking of PD, what a play! That saved a run. Meanwhile, Nova melting down, 5-3 KC now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Which just shows Francesa's ignorance.  AGON is about 0 for All Star break (power numbers wise) and without Grandy, where would the Yanks be?  I can see a Grandy vs. Ells debate, but quite honestly, AGON's played his way out of that debate.  Can he "go off" with power numbers?  I think so.  But anyone with non-homer glasses would have to go Grandy-Ells in that order.  Also, Verlander's making a pitch (pun intended) as where would the Tigers be without his numbers?  Lotta' season left - I just hope one of the Red Sox wins the WS MVP - that would trump all other awards IMHO.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

they almost never choose a pitcher as an MVP

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Which just shows Francesa's ignorance.  AGON is about 0 for All Star break (power numbers wise) and without Grandy, where would the Yanks be?  I can see a Grandy vs. Ells debate, but quite honestly, AGON's played his way out of that debate.  Can he "go off" with power numbers?  I think so.  But anyone with non-homer glasses would have to go Grandy-Ells in that order.  Also, Verlander's making a pitch (pun intended) as where would the Tigers be without his numbers?  Lotta' season left - I just hope one of the Red Sox wins the WS MVP - that would trump all other awards IMHO.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, especially with your last sentence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]be great to get this one, don't like the match-up much tomorrow (price v. lackey)
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

What's not to like?  The Sox are at home and play every pitch like it means everything.  lackey has been on a fairly good roll.  Plus, the sox are the better team.  You gotta have more faith.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Bedard didn't really pitch bad at all, quality start. Am I being redundant? Bedard has been great since he came onboard. So who will the convenient scapegoat be if we lose this game? Cater wants to blame Tito for keeping Ortiz and Scutaro out of this game. Pick out your scapegoat but don't forget that the other team is performing well also. I blame Remy for eating his lobster sub too early.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Rats, we're probably going to see Niemann for the 8th, too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : The most horrendous baseball game I ever watched was game 7 of the 07 ALCS. After Okajima got Blake to ground into that DP to end the 7th inning, I called my dad and said "I can't take this anymore". That's why my very favorite memory from that whole year was PD's HR in the bottom of the inning. Then you KNEW they were going to win and could relax. And speaking of PD, what a play! That saved a run. Meanwhile, Nova melting down, 5-3 KC now.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I'd have to go with game 7, 2003 ALCS. Took me a week to get over it,....but get over it I did.... for good in 2004.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Crawford is totally lost up there. No pitch recognition whatsoever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

WHY WHY WHY WHY does Carl Crawford keep swinging at THAT pitch? It's nowhere near the plate, and he couldn't do anything but foul it off if he did. WHY? I just don't get it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Crawford looks miserable in Boston, he rarely smiles, even after a nice play and he's always hanging his head... I wonder if he regrets signing here?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : I'd have to go with game 7, 2003 ALCS. Took me a week to get over it,....but get over it I did.... for good in 2004.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, but what I mean is as far as suspense goes--it was the most exciting. It wouldn't have been had they lost.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Does CC ever swing at a strike?  My goodness, he's lost as all get-out tonight - looks worse than a single-A player against Tom Seaver.  Painful to watch.  We need another big hit and Aviles looks as lost as CC.  Egad!  GO SOX!

Sections
Shortcuts