Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox:
    [QUOTE]maybe this will be one of those games that frustrate you allllllll night and then the Sox pull it off in the late innings. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Or not!  well goodnight.. This was a horrible way to end the game... Go Royals!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Nice run down.

Meanwhile, Cano hits a 3 run tater.

Life is good right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wrong Don. It's now 8-5 New York. Welcom to 2nd place guys, and I don't know that we'll be back as quick as last time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : Make that 3 now.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Exam, I said the same thing, Lowrie is hurting us low key in certain situations defensively, its like he's panicking out there..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hope Youk is enjoying his night off. Lowrie has been just wonderful tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Have to pick up my daughter at a soccer party now, (thank God) glad I am not missing anything good here ! Casey (no hit) Kotchman hitting .333 give me a break here !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Not Lowery's best night - the unearned runs have killed us against a better-than-average team.  Frustrating?  Yup.  Indicative of how the season will play out?  Probably not.  The probable loss tonight means we really need to win tomorrow and with Price pitching - that may not be likely.  Hopefully, KC can pull a rabbit out of their hats and beat the Yanks.  Either way, a bad evening, the root cause of which was playing our second stringers.  Hopefully, it will work out for us in the long run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Sox need to sit Carl Crapford. If Ortiz is going pretend to be injured then it's time to bring up Lavarnaway and let him gets some hacks at big league pitching.While i'm on a bashing binge enough of the Darnsmell McCrappy look!!!  Maybe they should bring up Brett Carroll and give him some AB's as a b/u Outfielder.This is a pathetic looking offensive team without Youk and Ortiz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]Hope Youk is enjoying his night off. Lowrie has been just wonderful tonight.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, maybe we can get him in for Pedey tomorrow, and Scutaro the night after...That would be awesome!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Examiner, why not chalk up this loss to the injury factor like last year.  Is it necessary to assess blame or pinpoint a scapegoat because that makes you feel better? Do you really think ( as others do) that the manager is responsible or that Scutaro and Ortiz are faking it. Softlaw played that scenario last year but only the ignorant followed the Pied Piper. Some nights, things just don't go your way and there is really no need to scapegoat.  Cater would be scapegoating right now but he just passed out after his day long rant. Tomorrow is another day, can't win every game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox need to sit Carl Crapford. If Ortiz is going pretend to be injured then it's time to bring up Lavarnaway and let him gets some hacks at big league pitching.While i'm on a bashing binge enough of the Darnsmell McCrappy look!!!  Maybe they should bring up Brett Carroll and give him some AB's as a b/u Outfielder.This is a pathetic looking offensive team without Youk and Ortiz.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

When has Papi ever pretended to be injured?  Maybe Tito wanted a reason to rest him....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong Don. It's now 8-5 New York. Welcom to 2nd place guys, and I don't know that we'll be back as quick as last time.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That is why we are going to be in second place after tonight.  We have taken care of N.Y .head to head , but they just beat up on the weaker teams while we struggle with them, tip our cap and say " Wow what good pitching we are facing."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford looks miserable in Boston, he rarely smiles, even after a nice play and he's always hanging his head... I wonder if he regrets signing here?
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

That really is the truth. He's always been a high productivity guy, so you know he knows somethings not right. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Plenty of blame to go around, but none of it for Bedard, Tek, or Ellsbury.  Most of it is on Lowrie, plus the hitting in both games, day and night. 

I could be wrong, but I think tonight Crawford struck out twice on a total of six pitches.  The third time took a couple extra. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

[QUOTE]Plenty of blame to go around, but none of it for Bedard, Tek, or Ellsbury.  Most of it is on Lowrie, plus the hitting in both games, day and night.  I could be wrong, but I think tonight Crawford struck out twice on a total of six pitches.  The third time took a couple extra. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Jed had a horrible game. Carl just ain't right...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/17/11--Game two--Rays vs Sox : I totally agree, maybe we can get him in for Pedey tomorrow, and Scutaro the night after...That would be awesome!!!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Ells never gets a day off. Maybe they can give him tomorrow off. I'm sure Lowrie is versatile enough to play center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]That looked like a little league play come on for Gods sake, awful. We just do not have that killer instinct in games we should win. 
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]Not sure that has much of anything to do with tonight's loss. In fact one of the key plays was the killer instinct going for the out at home rather than just sending Upton back to first and making the runner hold at third.

Neiman has been lights out since he came off of the DL. The Rays have been playing from ahead pretty much the whole game. Not sure the cliche "no killer instinct" comes in. The RS are a team that run up the score on an opponent and play all 27 outs hard. To me that's killer instinct. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I was here when the forum was bashing Kotchman when he was on our team. Many wanted him gone and were calling Theo inept for signing him to play here. Does anyone else remember that? How fickle and fair weather our fans are? Now you are applauding him and blaming Theo for letting him go. Amazing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from daroberts. Show daroberts's posts

Jed is terrible!  He cost us 2 runs in the 2nd and more this inning.  Instead of the swipe tag - put the glove down to the bag and let the runner slide into it.  He is a lazy fielder and most of his errors, which are many, come from that laziness.  On the double steal - Aviles was wrong to throw to Jed but then he plants it into the runners back......he's always costing us runs.  I'm getting very tired of his looks and body language too when he makes an error - as if it's anyones fault but his.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Down 4 runs are Varitek and McDonald the best that this team can send up there. Where is Salty. Varitek caught ligtening in a bottle earlier but Niemann has struck him out twice since then. Come on Terry !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Examiner, why not chalk up this loss to the injury factor like last year.  Is it necessary to assess blame or pinpoint a scapegoat because that makes you feel better? Do you really think ( as others do) that the manager is responsible or that Scutaro and Ortiz are faking it. Softlaw played that scenario last year but only the ignorant followed the Pied Piper. Some nights, things just don't go your way and there is really no need to scapegoat.  Cater would be scapegoating right now but he just passed out after his day long rant. Tomorrow is another day, can't win every game.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Nice try pike. There are so many things wrong with your post, I don't even know where to start. First: "Chalk it up to the injury factor"? Well, because some of us aren't as willing to just say "oh well, we got some guys hurt now, better luck next year". Second: I never said ANYONE was "faking it", and if you do happen to be losing because of injuries, do the losses no longer count? Third: Jed Lowrie has cost us at least 3 runs tonight with atrocious defense. There's no "scapegoating" there, it's what happened, you saw it (unless you were too busy ripping people to be watching the game). Fourth: You "call me out" for supposedly pointing out the mistakes of others "because it makes me feel better"? You're too much man, that's what you do on here 24/7 every time you log on. What you're doing is trying to use my own lingo against me because you can't come up with your own. Know what'd make me "feel better"? People making plays. "Can't win every game"? How moderate and equal of you pike. NOW you pull out the equanimity after you've been on here yelling at people and making fun of other posters all night? Too little too late, no one's buying it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is kind of ironic how the posters who cannot stand any negative comments are , in fact , the most negative posters on here. All they ever do is complain about the other posters. Never contribute anything positive of their own.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

The pickoff play was mishandled by Silvas, instead of running right at the runner to make him commit he threw behind him at third, a cardinal (little league) mistake.
    Lowrie is lost in the headlights and fields like Crawford bats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I've never seen a player get in so many 0-2 counts as Crawford.  He looks horrible up there.  They finally bring in Wheeler when game is out of reach.  Since coming off the DL he has been good.  They need to let him pitch in some tight spots to see if he can do it.  Albers needs some rest.  He is slumping a little.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Copied & Pasted from a Post I made awhile back but still appropropiate:

Crawford, A Manchurian Candidate...Yup, sure, the expression is  "tongue & cheek” implying that Tampa Bay brainwashed him so that he sabotages us from winning our division & , perhaps, not even being a wild card as the Rays hoped to be the major challenge to the Yankees. But you know, I almost dread it when he
    comes to bat but for $145 mil($20mil per year) I should have the same excitement as I do when Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez come to bat.  Maybe he’ll come out of it and this is just a bad year. But I would rather have saved the money and had our old friend, Johnny Damon.   Yup, he’s some 9-10 years older and maybe only has 1-2 years remaining and when he left the Yankees & went to the Tigers, we tried to get him but he didn’t want to return to us and said it wasn’t a question of money.  When some says, “It’s not a question of money", ask the question again !  But having had Damon last year, this & one more perhaps I’d have been happy & we’d have had “mucho dinero”  to have perhaps gone after Cliff Lee and others so that we wouldn’t be in so much in anguish now about our pitching staff. Could have picked up some more offense too.