Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

Price didnt look any sharper than Lackey in the first, thankfully

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Ellsbury ruined that first inning rally. He should have hit the ball harder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

anyone have the stat for how many times we have been scored on first? it seems like all year long we have been behind

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey:
    Price didnt look any sharper than Lackey in the first, thankfully
    Posted by J-BAY

cept he threw 1/2 as many pitches & gave up 0 runs
    hope u r right tho & they get him today

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It seems that we have heard the words " frustration for Youkilis " too often this year.  I think he should be moved up to second in the order, where he can get back to working the count, hitting the ball the other way and getting on base. As the cleanup hitter, he seems to be trying to pull everything off of or over the monster. As a result, he is rolling over and hitting the tailor made double play ball. To some extent, the same could be said for Adrian, who is not going the other way as often as in the past. It is easy for even good hitters to fall into bad habits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jed trying to make up for last night. It's a start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

that's an improvement

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It seems that we have heard the words " frustration for Youkilis " too often this year.  I think he should be moved up to second in the order, where he can get back to working the count, hitting the ball the other way and getting on base. As the cleanup hitter, he seems to be trying to pull everything off of or over the monster. As a result, he is rolling over and hitting the tailor made double play ball. To some extent, the same could be said for Adrian, who is not going the other way as often as in the past. It is easy for even good hitters to fall into bad habits.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I don't know what, but I do agree that a shake up int he order isn't a bad idea. Part of the reason Gonz isn't hitting is that he's not getting as good pitches since Youkilis is not quite himself, although Gonz himself has also slipped. Could be his neck, but I think there's more to it than that. I think he's been scouted well, and has not yet made adjustments. But a shakeup? Yeah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

I think thats whats happened to crawford gale. he batted 2nd in tampa, comfort level and just hit to get on base, then reek havoc. now he seems to be going for the big hit. i'd ty craford second, youk 6th. PD clean up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

on radio they say it's 8 straight games now that sox have fallen behind

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lowrie needs to spend some of his cash on Invisalign for his teeth. I know I would if I were him.......Sealed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : I think thats whats happened to crawford gale. he batted 2nd in tampa, comfort level and just hit to get on base, then reek havoc. now he seems to be going for the big hit. i'd ty craford second, youk 6th. PD clean up
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah, I like that lineup too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Yeah, I thought about staying away from the forum after last night's debacle. I really wish pike would stay off the game threads. Anyway, hoping for the best today, and some help from KC tonight.

Posted by TheExaminer

The funny part is that piker actually believes in his twisted little mind that he is liked around here and that he actually serves a purpose in his self appointed role as a "troll policeman".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

1-2-3 inning w/3 groundballs. Wow, that's different.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Is Crawford ever not in an 0-2 hole?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : I think thats whats happened to crawford gale. he batted 2nd in tampa, comfort level and just hit to get on base, then reek havoc. now he seems to be going for the big hit. i'd ty craford second, youk 6th. PD clean up
    Posted by J-BAY

yeah, jbay, that's the order I like too
    but how do we get them to try it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Did everyone read the Pedroia article in S.I. ?     How great would it be if every player brought that kind of attitude to the park every day?   To take it a step further, how much better off would our country be if everyone took that approach to their own job every day?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : I don't know what, but I do agree that a shake up int he order isn't a bad idea. Part of the reason Gonz isn't hitting is that he's not getting as good pitches since Youkilis is not quite himself, although Gonz himself has also slipped. Could be his neck, but I think there's more to it than that. I think he's been scouted well, and has not yet made adjustments. But a shakeup? Yeah.
    Posted by TheExaminer

a shake-up in the order would require a competent manager; unfortunately, the SOX only have 'coma.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Looks like an Aceves day

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Did everyone read the Pedroia article in S.I. ?     How great would it be if every player brought that kind of attitude to the park every day?   To take it a step further, how much better off would our country be if everyone took that approach to their own job every day?  
    Posted by dgalehouse

looking forward to reading it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

Babe your never on the game boards unless your yanks are in 1st place, welcome back... Quick question, do you write down all of your infamous Babe titles so you never accidently repeat them when starting a new one, and if you do, how many have you created now?

Posted by westcoastsox9

No, I'm usually not on game threads because during the games I'm usually out at this nice bar/restaurant in my neighborhood to watch the games. It's cool because they have the MLB package and they have the Yanks game and the sawx game on side by side.

Nice try though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

okay, strands a leave off double, gotta like that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

okay, strands a leave off double, gotta like that
    Posted by soxnewmex

even better, 3rd with a K

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Red Sox use the rare "stolen base" concept to get risp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Red Sox use the rare "stolen base" concept to get risp.
    Posted by TheExaminer

to no avail, put got prices pitch count over 50 after 3. rays have a pretty good pen tho

Sections
Shortcuts