Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey:
    In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : The point is that the 07 team went into a funk, righted the ship and went on to win the WS...06 was an entirely diffent senerio that team was decimated with injuries and failed to make the post season...
    Posted by Beantowne

But that's my point bean. They righted the ship early enough to be able to hang onto home field, and they didn't have the injuries this team has. And don't forget that they perpetually held a 5-8 game lead over NYY right up until the very end, when NYY crept to within 1 before falling back (and that was with about 7 or 8 games to go). No such luxury this year. This goes right to my point. Had that team had as small a lead as this team, they probably wouldn't have held on, would have lost home field--and then do you think they would have come back against Cleveland? Not as likely. So no matter how you cut it, this team is in trouble. In dire life/death straits? No, but still in trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Saw that earlier this afternoon. Now see? This is what I'm talking about. No matter how positive you are, you simply cannot win a division like the AL east when people aren't on the field. Last year taught us that.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Maybe an infusion of youth would provide a spark. What about the D.L. for Papi and Scutaro?  Bring up Lavarnway and Middlebrooks or Iglesias?  Cannot go on with two out of four bench guys unavailable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im going to be highly disappointed if Kansas City takes 3 of 4 from us, and we all know they are very capable..Hell, Im going to be upset if we split...
    Posted by westcoastsox9

My take? We split with KC and drop 3 of 4 to Texas. When we get back home, we will probably trail NYY by about 3 games. That's the natural baseball situation the Sox find themselves in. In other words, something out of the ordinary would have to happen to prevent it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

well, there is some good news: slackey's ERA is south of 6.00 temporarily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Crawford not helping himself by swinging at ball 3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is horrible baseball play, but I guess you have to gamble when you cant score runs!
    Posted by westcoastsox9

I don't really have a problem with that play. Team is so flat, might as well try and make something happen. Worst case , you still have a man in scoring position with two out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : My take? We split with KC and drop 3 of 4 to Texas. When we get back home, we will probably trail NYY by about 3 games. That's the natural baseball situation the Sox find themselves in. In other words, something out of the ordinary would have to happen to prevent it.
    Posted by TheExaminer

God I hope your wrong. But you never know, we may take 3 of 4 in both series...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : My take? We split with KC and drop 3 of 4 to Texas. When we get back home, we will probably trail NYY by about 3 games. That's the natural baseball situation the Sox find themselves in. In other words, something out of the ordinary would have to happen to prevent it.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Never know exam, ups and downs, ebb and flow of a season are unpredictable

Long shot but they should check crawfords eyes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Other than that shooting incident, Abe Lincoln had an enjoyable night at the theater.
    Posted by dgalehouse

i hope you're not trying to compare slackey with abe lincoln.
    lincoln was a much better pitcher at a much lower cost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : I don't really have a problem with that play. Team is so flat, might as well try and make something happen. Worst case , you still have a man in scoring position with two out.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Yea, that's why I didn't explode... Nothing seems to be working in our favor right now, but the Sox have been here before and will get out of it sooner than later!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Posted by TheExaminer

Not only would we trail N.Y. ( probably by more than 3 ) , but the wild card lead could be cut considerably. The wild card is by no means a sure thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : God I hope your wrong. But you never know, we may take 3 of 4 in both series...
    Posted by westcoastsox9

Nobody hopes it more than me west, but like I said, that's the natural look of things as they are now shaped. Unknown factors could interpose, like Texas themselves hitting a slump etc. KC winning tonight would help, but how bad is it to have to count on the likes of them? Sabathia goes for NYY in the opener at MN, and A-Roid is coming back. I wouldn't be as concerned if it weren't for the Ortiz injury, that could help do us in, and that's an unknown factor that goes against us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Never know exam, ups and downs, ebb and flow of a season are unpredictable
    Posted by J-BAY

Would like to see a little more flow and a little less ebb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Maybe an infusion of youth would provide a spark. What about the D.L. for Papi and Scutaro?  Bring up Lavarnway and Middlebrooks or Iglesias?  Cannot go on with two out of four bench guys unavailable.
    Posted by dgalehouse

they'll be up in a few weeks with the September callups. dont think papis headed for the DL.day to day

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The starting pitching was the biggest concern heading into the season and it's the biggest concern today.

I can't wait to play the yankees again and get back on a winning streak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Man oh man, Miller going on Friday does not lift my spirits....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If the Sox lose this game, they will be 4-10 at home against the Rays going back to last year. One thing that's getting forgotten though, is that going back to last year the Sox are 9-3 at Tropicana.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Man oh man, Miller going on Friday does not lift my spirits....
    Posted by westcoastsox9

"But he's been throwing between starts, he's warmed up--hasn't been in a game--but he's warmed up a lot. We've been watching him."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

1 thru 5 in the Red Sox order have put together 6 hits,

in the last 3 games.

Still the best offense in the game.

Red Sox 2011 REGULAR SEASON RANKINGS

RUNS

649   1st Overall

BATTING AVERAGE

.278  2nd Overall

ON BASE PERCENTAGE

.350  1st Overall

SLUGGING PCT

.455  1st Overall

Imagine if the nation had to deal with the Mariners offense on an everday basis. Oooops, maybe that was the wrong team to reference after this past weekend in Seattle.

Mariners 2011 REGULAR SEASON RANKINGS

RUNS

413  30th Overall

BATTING AVERAGE

.232  30th Overall

ON BASE PERCENTAGE

.294  30th Overall

SLUGGING PCT

.343  30th Overall

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

The starting pitching was the biggest concern heading into the season and it's the biggest concern today. I can't wait to play the yankees again and get back on a winning streak.
    Posted by andrewmitch

Be careful what you wish for Andrew, the Yanks are ready to get Arod back, we dont know how long Ortiz will be out who hits them well, and our pitching is suspect at best.. The Yanks may be ready to finally have our number and really push up their lead... I dont want them yet, I'll wait to we get healthier and out of this funk!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : "But he's been throwing between starts, he's warmed up--hasn't been in a game--but he's warmed up a lot. We've been watching him."
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE

LOL....and the ball came good out of his hand....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : "But he's been throwing between starts, he's warmed up--hasn't been in a game--but he's warmed up a lot. We've been watching him."
    Posted by TheExaminer

Lol, Exam, I think that may make me feel even worse!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey :
    In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : "But he's been throwing between starts, he's warmed up--hasn't been in a game--but he's warmed up a lot. We've been watching him." Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE LOL....and the ball came good out of his hand....
    Posted by J-BAY

Ah, the ol' Lackey excuse! That will always be classic!  "The ball came out of my hand good" What does that even mean?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Ah, the ol' Lackey excuse! That will always be classic!  "The ball came out of my hand good" What does that even mean?
    Posted by westcoastsox9

"Nobody knows what it means but it sounds provocative!" 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Be careful what you wish for Andrew, the Yanks are ready to get Arod back, we dont know how long Ortiz will be out who hits them well, and our pitching is suspect at best.. The Yanks may be ready to finally have our number and really push up their lead... I dont want them yet, I'll wait to we get healthier and out of this funk!
    Posted by westcoastsox9

Yip. Just a matter of time before NYY figure out how to beat us a couple times. If that happens, it's over as far as the division goes, and I'm not nuts about our chances as a wild card unless they start hitting better.

Sections
Shortcuts