Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

LMAO, denny

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey:
    In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : If it were only that simple jbay--I'd predict what I wanted to see happen from now on. But like I posted a couple weeks back, I don't know if there's a direct connection, but ever since the word came out on Bucholz, this team has changed. People were excited about the two walk off wins by Ellsbury, but I saw those as almost negatives. Exciting sure, but the fact that it had to come down to that showed the team was starting to slow down offensively. As a fan it's hard to quantify, you just know it when the air is being let out of a team. That can happen to teams in first place, and they just never recover--it's happened to the Sox before. And now, more injuries. Just not a good scene over all, and here come the Yankees--as usual.
    Posted by TheExaminer

obviously, theyre not playing their best right now for various reason exam. They'll catch fire again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Lackey is what he is. A plugger. A grinder. Will always give up hits. Always a few runs. Rarely will he be dominant. He wins with good run support , and loses without it. That's not going to change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

off season crawford should see a sports psychologist. needs to deal with the pressure of the Big market/contract
    Posted by J-BAY

That should have been done back in April jbay when that problem began to be so obvious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

off season crawford should see a sports psychologist. needs to deal with the pressure of the Big market/contract
    Posted by J-BAY

uh, jay-bird, news flash: this should have been done before he got signed. It didn't and this is from the same GM who had a taste of that type of tunnel vision and deer-in-headlights look from another talented free agent way back when--Edgar Renteria. How do you not interview CC and gauge him on the pressures of playing in the Boston Fish Bowl? It probably was a huge factor that the Sox just did not consider--Flavor of the Month was out there, and they just had to have him. Not for need, but for want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lackey is what he is. A plugger. A grinder. Will always give up hits. Always a few runs. Rarely will he be dominant. He wins with good run support , and loses without it. That's not going to change.
    Posted by dgalehouse

gale with diceKs time done in Boston, I think you'll see Bedard emerge as #3. he has better more consistent stuff than Lackey who will be 5, an expenisve one but so be it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lackey good today, deserves better fate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox could have easily hired Gammons, Shaughnessy, Ryan and some of the pit-bull radio guys to do a mock grill session. See how he reacts, see if he is uncomfortable. Mental state is something you can't underestimate. This is all mental for Mr. Crawford. Nothing physically wrong him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bellichick does that routinely with his guys. You have to see if they can handle being in a pressure cooker environment. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : gale with diceKs time done in Boston, I think you'll see Bedard emerge as #3. he has better more consistent stuff than Lackey who will be 5, an expenisve one but so be it
    Posted by J-BAY

A rotation of Beckett, Lester, Bucholz, Bedard, and Lackey would be imposing. Too bad we don't have it NOW.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : uh, jay-bird, news flash: this should have been done before he got signed. It didn't and this is from the same GM who had a taste of that type of tunnel vision and deer-in-headlights look from another talented free agent way back when--Edgar Renteria. How do you not interview CC and gauge him on the pressures of playing in the Boston Fish Bowl? It probably was a huge factor that the Sox just did not consider--Flavor of the Month was out there, and they just had to have him. Not for need, but for want.
    Posted by dannycater

too late now, so going forward, it should be done. not sure it would be so apparent before the fact

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bellichick does that routinely with his guys. You have to see if they can handle being in a pressure cooker environment. 
    Posted by dannycater

I noticed from the beginning that Crawford was not well spoken with the media--fumbled over words and so on. I thought maybe he was just shy or understated, could be he just can't deal well with it. Who knows. Ells with a triple, at least thats SOMETHING to start off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : If it were only that simple jbay--I'd predict what I wanted to see happen from now on. But like I posted a couple weeks back, I don't know if there's a direct connection, but ever since the word came out on Bucholz, this team has changed. People were excited about the two walk off wins by Ellsbury, but I saw those as almost negatives. Exciting sure, but the fact that it had to come down to that showed the team was starting to slow down offensively. As a fan it's hard to quantify, you just know it when the air is being let out of a team. That can happen to teams in first place, and they just never recover--it's happened to the Sox before. And now, more injuries. Just not a good scene over all, and here come the Yankees--as usual.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Yeah it happened to the Sox in 2007...Listen while I too am not pleased by the recent 10 game stretch...It's not like we're facing the dreggs of the league and in this three game set we're facing TB best three starters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think what is best is buy him out. Cut your losses, see if he would be willing to take 50 million as a buyout, and be done with him. It's such an albatross that you just don't want to see this happen again next year or next week, or next game. It's a car wreck and we're the darn lookie-loos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : I noticed from the beginning that Crawford was not well spoken with the media--fumbled over words and so on. I thought maybe he was just shy or understated, could be he just can't deal well with it. Who knows. Ells with a triple, at least thats SOMETHING to start off.
    Posted by TheExaminer

just his personality/ temperment Exam, shy kid from Texas. like becks;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I think what is best is buy him out. Cut your losses, see if he would be willing to take 50 million as a buyout, and be done with him. It's such an albatross that you just don't want to see this happen again next year or next week, or next game. It's a car wreck and we're the darn lookie-loos.
    Posted by dannycater

need another season danny...may be a combination of a down year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

TRIPLE ELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : need another season danny...may be a combination of a down year.
    Posted by J-BAY

you got more faith in him. I can't wait for him to see a month's of pine time. He needs to sit and watch. That's what happens if you don't produce, you sit. And CC needs to sit. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ellsbury hangs in against tough lefties as well as anyone around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : you got more faith in him. I can't wait for him to see a month's of pine time. He needs to sit and watch. That's what happens if you don't produce, you sit. And CC needs to sit. 
    Posted by dannycater

and replace him with whom down the stretch danny???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

ugh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

This is horrible baseball play, but I guess you have to gamble when you cant score runs!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What are the words? Anyone have any non-cuss words to describe what we just saw? Whatever the words are, preface them with "utterly", or "absolutely" for effect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

That's just discouraging.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : and replace him with whom down the stretch danny???
    Posted by J-BAY

JD Drew goes to RF, Reddick to LF. Not much you can do. 

Sections
Shortcuts