Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey

In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : Other than Albers slipping up a little last night, I have no complaint against the pitching. My vitriol is pointed at this hitting. I wish Farnsworth would author one of his patented random/out of the blue/total collapses today.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I think hes a perfect example of couldnt deal with the big market. thats why so many players put boston and ny in their do not trade clause. they have the pay, but not the stay

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Good job by Farnsworth. He is tough.  Have to tip your cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Nice, J-Bay is like a rose in a field of ragweed.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    That would make a good country song.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread--8/17/11, Price vs Lackey : ----------------------------------------------- You are correct about their pitching not being terrific lately but the difference is their offense has not suffered. They can carry a mediocre performance by socting some 5-6 runs per game & this is w/o AROD !!! Perfect example on our team of mediocre pitching being rescued by the offense is that Lackey, prior to today had been gifted 5-6runs !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

when the NYY pitching held up, their offense was flat too. they had a very bad stretch, thats when the sox gained all the ground. my point is it happens to all teams. good bad or indifferent. the yanks offense will go flat again before its all over. timing is everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

9 hits in 3 games against the Rays!  Wow! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As ugly and pathetic 22 hour period as we've seen at Fenway since the LAA series in May. That's 4 out of the last 7 at home, and 5 out of 7 over all. Not the end of the world, but an ugly week--especially against these teams. And now also questions about key injuries again. I've seen about enough for today, I'm outta here. Better luck in KC. Evening all......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yankees lose 5-4...Soria with the consummate heart attack save.