Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey

Just curious but aren't there a few on here who were listening to Joe Castiglione instead of watching the game on FOX. Why is that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : I can't speak for others, but there are a bunch I like that don't seem to take too much of a beating on the internet.  Off the top of my head : - Jon Miller - Marty Brennaman (although he is a big time homer in Cincy) - Vin Skully - Bob Brenly That said, you're right, bring up a name and you'll likely have differeing views.  The one's that drive me crazy are: - Joe Morgan when he was on ESPN - McCarver - Valentine
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

Oh NO you didn't! LOL....I can tell you haven' listened to Marty much! I grew up listening to him, his voice would be on the sound track of my life! You couldn't be more wrong. Marty calls it like it is--no exceptions. I can't tell you how many times he's said stuff like "man, they screwed that up about as bad as they could", or how many times he's called players out for one thing or another. One thing Marty is not is a homer! Cool When I started following the Sox, I was shocked at how soft the announcers were on the team after listening to Marty all those years. Joe Nuxhall was the one that was the homer/rooter--but that's fine as long as it's counterbalanced, and with Marty and Joe it always was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Lackey manned up. I tip my hat to him today. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welp, I'm outta here. Night all--hope for series win tommorow night. Too bad we couldn't pull it out last night and have a chance at the sweep, but I'd take 2/3 happily.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Actually, I've listened to Marty a lot...lived in Dayton a few years back (stationed at Wright Pat) and I loved him.  He is tough on the home team (and manager), so I'll clarify.  As a Red Sox fan without a dog in the fight (and maybe a differen't prespective than yours) sometimes I thought he was describing a different game than the one on the field when it came the umpires calls...balls and strikes...close calls at first.  I also felt he didn't givethe other team much credit when the Reds lost...again I'm looking at the game from a different perspective tham most who tune in.  Hope that makes more sense.   As I said, he's one of my favorites and I'd trade him (and even Nuxhall) for the teams that call the games here in the DC/Baltimore area.      
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

Ok DC, fair enough. Just a diff in opinion, and that's cool. Marty's my boy, always quick to defend him! Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Ok DC, fair enough. Just a diff in opinion, and that's cool. Marty's my boy, always quick to defend him!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

No worries...like I said...he is near the top of my list.  One thing we can both agree on...he's never dull!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Didn't see but a few pitches ... out of town at niece's 1-year-old birthday party ... but was very happy (not to mention, I must admit, a little surprised) to get the win. Lackey must have been pretty good, and six ribbies from our lead-off guy isn't bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't see but a few pitches ... out of town at niece's 1-year-old birthday party ... but was very happy (not to mention, I must admit, a little surprised) to get the win. Lackey must have been pretty good, and six ribbies from our lead-off guy isn't bad.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

and 3 from Crawford Lloyd. 4 for 4, double, 3 singles. stolen base.

OH BOY THIS IS GREAT!!Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : and 3 from Crawford Lloyd. 4 for 4, double, 3 singles. stolen base. OH BOY THIS IS GREAT!!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Damn, I forgot!!!

OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Damn, I forgot!!! OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]oh shut up...Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]That guy who dropped the beer looks like that crazy, cock-eye actor from the 60's and 70's that was in all those westerns. What was his name? Can't remember.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    You mean Jack Elam, masquerading as "Swifty" Morgan ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : oh shut up...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    You guys beat Lester, we beat C.C. ... series has gone just as expected, right Jete?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : You guys beat Lester, we beat C.C. ... series has gone just as expected, right Jete?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]LOL...hey Lloyd...you know how these games go, if it's really going to go as expected, all that's left is their usual Sunday night slugfest...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : LOL...hey Lloyd...you know how these games go, if it's really going to go as expected, all that's left is their usual Sunday night slugfest...
    No doubt ... it'll end around 12:43 a.m.!
    By the way, Jete, I just bought "Reluctant Hero," a biography on Roger Marris. This after just reading "56" ... what is wrong with me?!?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : No doubt ... it'll end around 12:43 a.m.! By the way, Jete, I just bought "Reluctant Hero," a biography on Roger Marris. This after just reading "56" ... what is wrong with me?!?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]LOL...if it makes you feel any better, i own and enjoyed David Ortiz's book  "Big Papi".... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : LOL...if it makes you feel any better, i own and enjoyed David Ortiz's book  "Big Papi".... 

Jete, you may also enjoy TerryFrancona's book, Red Sox RuleTongue outWink

Seriously Jete, a great read is "the last best league, one summer, one season, one dream"....about the cape cod league.

Sections
Shortcuts