Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey

Y IS THIS SO HARD

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Seems as though he can dgale.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Not out of first long, tomorrow will decide it...Beckett. CRAW-BURY the name of todays game....everyone have a good night. late one tomorrow if they get it in, expecting a lot of rain tomorrow.

Steve and Jete....nice to have you with us.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

crap,ballgame!!!....Congrats on the W guys...series tied, we're back to square in the standings...another great game thread..Thanks to all of you..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Great win!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]Question: Can Wheeler be trusted with a six run lead?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Answer: Yes , of course.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

hey, what can you say, life's tough when you are the wheelinator and you only haul in $3 mil. in 2011 from RSN to mop up the spankees in a blowout where your lead off hitter continues to do all the slugging damage as the big bats sit back and watch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]9-2 domination
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

10-4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

and the Gansett player (s) of the game are Jacoby Elsbury and John Lackey

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So here are the numbers. Sox now 9-2 against NYY, just one more win and the Sox at least clinch the season series and tie breaker, and that could be important later. At the beginning of the season, I predicted the Sox would win the season series 11-7. If it goes that BAD now, it'd be a disaster! I think winning at least 4 of the last 7 would be a way to stay safe. Only Garcia stands between the Sox and a series win that seemed less likely last night. The Sox also broke my prediction that they would loose 6-4 today. Only too glad to be wrong on that one. I predicted a 6-2 win tommorow night. Hope I'm not wrong, but there are no rules in this rivalry, it never goes as planned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Agree with both of you....Valentine drives me nuts....he's all over the place. 
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

Every single announcer or commentator is always terrible according to Internet people. Are you aware of any exceptions?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nine wins over N.Y. clinches at least a tie for the season series.  Could be a factor if they finish tied for first.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

only drawback to this one the forthcoming ha ha pizzing contest threads..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]So here are the numbers. Sox now 9-2 against NYY, just one more win and the Sox at least clinch the season series and tie breaker, and that could be important later. At the beginning of the season, I predicted the Sox would win the season series 11-7. If it goes that BAD now, it'd be a disaster! I think winning at least 4 of the last 7 would be a way to stay safe. Only Garcia stands between the Sox and a series win that seemed less likely last night. The Sox also broke my prediction that they would loose 6-4 today. Only too glad to be wrong on that one. I predicted a 6-2 win tommorow night. Hope I'm not wrong, but there are no rules in this rivalry, it never goes as planned.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Sorry. Typed mine at the same time as you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Forgive me as an OLD Sox fan 1 over for me is domination
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

you were right, 9-2 season series over the NYY. Pike was referring to the score.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Nice to see double digits again, especially against the Yanks. Beckett tomorrow. Looking good. GO SOX!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Every single announcer or commentator is always terrible according to Internet people. Are you aware of any exceptions?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Marty Brennamen, John Miller, Joe Nuxhall, Vin Scully, Dennis Eckersly, Thom Brennamen, Dick Enberg....etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]wonder how many will come forward to man up on the Lackey gripes?....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on Babe being one of themTongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]wonder how many will come forward to man up on the Lackey gripes?....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Lackey has owned the Yankees since Angels won the series.  Same as the Sox have owned CC since his days at Cleveland.

Lackey is starting to pick himself up in the secnd half so far.  THat bodes well, with Buch in the DL.  Today was a good performance, with good run support.  Wish Sox had scored more yesterday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Every single announcer or commentator is always terrible according to Internet people. Are you aware of any exceptions?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for others, but there are a bunch I like that don't seem to take too much of a beating on the internet.  Off the top of my head :

- Jon Miller
    - Marty Brennaman (although he is a big time homer in Cincy)
    - Vin Skully
    - Bob Brenly

That said, you're right, bring up a name and you'll likely have differeing views.  The one's that drive me crazy are:

- Joe Morgan when he was on ESPN
    - McCarver
    - Valentine

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Marty Brennamen, John Miller, Joe Nuxhall, Vin Scully, Dennis Eckersly, Thom Brennamen, Dick Enberg....etc.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Forgot about Eck...  I agree with you 100%...does a great job.  I also like anything Dick Enberg does.