Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey

Nice hustle John, and Adrian is money in the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Has Lackey ever condisered Dancing With The Stars?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Great play by Gonzalez; actually 2 consecutive; both underrated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]Did Superstar Gardner make a bad read on that pop up?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Now now, you know all we Sox fans secretly wish we had him instead of Ellsbury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Now now, you know all we Sox fans secretly wish we had him instead of Ellsbury.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

How about Crawford?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : How about Crawford?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'll stick with Crawford. He'll come around eventually. He's too good not to. And I wouldn't trade Ellsbury for two Gardners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Oh, oh. Walk. Salty going to talk with Lackey. Could this be the Dam breaking. I hate walks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

BDc has a moderated sox yankee thread no trolls anyone want to try it????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Aviles!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Nah, I'll stick with Crawford. He'll come around eventually. He's too good not to. And I wouldn't trade Ellsbury for two Gardners.

Right; he s-cks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]BDc has a moderated sox yankee thread no trolls anyone want to try it????
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Maybe later. Troll hunting can be entertaining, if sometimes annoying. Kind of like rat hunting at the dump.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Maybe later. Troll hunting can be entertaining, if sometimes annoying. Kind of like rat hunting at the dump.

ok i'll check in later to see how its going here its toxic already second inning. enjoy the game go sox...figured mikey/bronx would surface

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Right; he s-cks.

Speaking of trolls.....in the words of the late MJ why "you wanna be startin' somethin'"? You asked, I answered. No reason to say that because I didn't agree with you. When I said that about Ellsbury, you thought I was serious didn't you? How funny. Crawford is going to prove you guys wrong. Painful as he is to watch now, and even I'll admit that, he's going to show out. He hasn't hit .300 almost his whole career to suddenly lose it comepletely, that's ridiculous.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

who's fatter, CC or jenks?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

CC has his off speed stuff working but not much life or command of his fastball.  That usually improves as the game goes on but if it doesn't he could be in trouble as the Sox are a great hitting team.  Lackey looks pretty sharp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Sabathia looking like he's gonna b a tough customer today. Lackey has got to be flawless!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Right; he s-cks.

Steve, please. he didnt say that, you did. Relax

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Speaking of trolls.....in the words of the late MJ why "you wanna be startin' somethin'"? You asked, I answered. No reason to say that because I didn't agree with you. When I said that about Ellsbury, you thought I was serious didn't you? How funny. Crawford is going to prove you guys wrong. Painful as he is to watch now, and even I'll admit that, he's going to show out. He hasn't hit .300 almost his whole career to suddenly lose it comepletely, that's ridiculous.  

You mean that initial crack wasn't a wee bit sarcastic?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]who's fatter, CC or jenks?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

CC. No question about it. Looks fatter, plus is a good bit taller, so it's even worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't quite get the complaining about the Fox announcers. Joe Buck is a respected pro.  Does all the big baseball and football games, and does them well. McCarver can be annoying, but he is a knowledgable baseball guy and does offer some useful insights.   Same thing tomorrow night.  The new ESPN crew is a big improvement over Miller and Morgan , but we still get the complaining that they are no good.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I don't quite get the complaining about the Fox announcers. Joe Buck is a respected pro.  Does all the big baseball and football games, and does them well. McCarver can be annoying, but he is a knowledgable baseball guy and does offer some useful insights.   Same thing tomorrow night.  The new ESPN crew is a big improvement over Miller and Morgan , but we still get the complaining that they are no good.  
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That's because they're usually not homers; for either side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : You mean that initial crack wasn't a wee bit sarcastic?

Yeah, it was sarcastic towards posters like babe and softlaw who are always bashing Ellsbury and singing Garnder's praises. If you were on here and knew my posting history w/o jumping to a conclusion based on your own opinions you'd know that. I don't bash players. I criticize when mistakes are made, but I have never come on here and said ANY player "su*ks". There's no reason to. You are a TROLL steven, and you are now on my ignore list. Please don't bother responding to anything I post b/c I won't see it. J-bay is right, toxic already, and it's all on you. Go away so we can talk about today's game intelligently.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]who's fatter, CC or jenks?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    It shows how unpredictable the game can sometimes be.  Clay Buchholz is a very fit , athletic guy , but he somehow hurts his back and is out for the season. Sabathia is obviously overweight and out of shape , but he is a horse who never seems to have a physical problem.  Go figure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't quite get the complaining about the Fox announcers. Joe Buck is a respected pro.  Does all the big baseball and football games, and does them well. McCarver can be annoying, but he is a knowledgable baseball guy and does offer some useful insights.   Same thing tomorrow night.  The new ESPN crew is a big improvement over Miller and Morgan , but we still get the complaining that they are no good.  
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I think some Sox fans have the idea they sometimes seem to be pro-Yankee. Maybe a bit sometimes, but it's prob'ly more because the Sox fans are rooting, and the announcers are not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: 8/6/11- Sabathia v. Lackey : Yeah, it was sarcastic towards posters like babe and softlaw who are always bashing Ellsbury and singing Garnder's praises. If you were on here and knew my posting history w/o jumping to a conclusion based on your own opinions you'd know that. I don't bash players. I criticize when mistakes are made, but I have never come on here and said ANY player "su*ks". There's no reason to. You are a TROLL steven, and you are now on my ignore list. Please don't bother responding to anything I post b/c I won't see it. J-bay is right, toxic already, and it's all on you. Go away so we can talk about today's game intelligently.

If you look at my posts, you'll see that most of them were intelligent; and, since I was reacting to your trash, I put you under the category of the pot calling the kettle. I prefer if you ignore me.