Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : J. With all due respect, that is the problem. You cannot just rationalize losing to the Yankees at Fenway, in a big series like this.  This was a game we needed to win. And we have come up flat, at least so far.  Have to expect better from this team.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Gale, you're a good guy, but can you get a grip on reality here? Even if there is no rally tonight, the Sox will be 9-3 against the Yankees. Yes, they've pissed themselves several times tonight, which is very annoying, this is not Oct. 2, 1978.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]agonz has been terrible this series. wonder whats goin on with him. he has not been the same since the allstar break. he is not hitting the ball hard and is grounding out alot. anyone else wish ortiz didnt pick him for the home run derby?
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    Adrian has had an MVP caliber season so far.  However, he will get a whole separate report card based on his performance in " big games."  Has nothing to do with the home run derby. You simply have got to produce when it is crunch time. He has not faced that in his career. Now , it is up to him to deliver.  No excuses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

And as much as i like reddick, i am starting to think not getting hunter pence was a mistake. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If I'm not mistaken, the only game this year the Sox have come back to win when trailing after 7 is the walk off double by Gonzalez against Baltimore in May. There's something to circle when looking at whether or not this team can win it all. That's probably gotta change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

Al, add my thanks as well for your service and in particular your tour in Iraq. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Confession time: I spent the whole '07 season that way. Every time we lost, I literally had trouble sleeping and I was convinced the season was shot to hell. Never mind the fact that I think we never fell out of first place from May on, or something like that. When we finally won the Series, it was more relief than joy because I worked myself into such a frenzie. That's the way a lot of these people act ... I guess I gained a little perspective, hopefully they will too. (Though I'll still be pissed if they don't pull this one out).
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

same here Lloyd. i realized nothing you can do, so just try to enjoy the ride and see where it takes you....been a pretty good one since 2003

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Adrian has had an MVP caliber season so far.  However, he will get a whole separate report card based on his performance in " big games."  Has nothing to do with the home run derby. You simply have got to produce when it is crunch time. He has not faced that in his career. Now , it is up to him to deliver.  No excuses.

i agree he needs to deliver, but i my point is that playing in the home run derby clearly had an affect on him. He has not been the same since. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Confession time: I spent the whole '07 season that way. Every time we lost, I literally had trouble sleeping and I was convinced the season was shot to hell. Never mind the fact that I think we never fell out of first place from May on, or something like that. When we finally won the Series, it was more relief than joy because I worked myself into such a frenzie. That's the way a lot of these people act ... I guess I gained a little perspective, hopefully they will too. (Though I'll still be pissed if they don't pull this one out).

Then I guess the game where they blew a 7-2 lead in the 7th inning at home against NYY in September is too horrible to remember? Goodness knows I remember. That's about as ticked off as I've ever been after a baseball game.
    It was similar to this series. Lost that game on Friday night, came back the next day and beat Wang 10-1 behind Beckett, then on the ESPN game Jeter hit a 3r HR off Schilling in the 8th inning to beat us 4-1. But it all turned out find in October. Wait, Lowell hit a 98 mph Joba pitch for a HR in the 9th. Ended up 4-2 I think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Back to the Varitek 3-0 swing ... I'll be very interested in hearing what that was all about. My Extra Innings package turns off after the last pitch, so I don't get to hear the interviews. I'm sure somebody will mention it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

How about Wheeler?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice job by Wheeler.

Let's hit the ball for a change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Time for a little Voo Doo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : I hear ya gale, you can expect all you want...its baseball. no rationale. Yankees are on a hot streak, things will shift
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    J. I hope things do shift.  Have been a Sox fan for many years. Have seen too many failures against the Yankees.  No way we should have lost this game. Feel sick about it.  Two innings to go, but we failed miserably Friday night.  Will this be the same?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Then I guess the game where they blew a 7-2 lead in the 7th inning at home against NYY in September is too horrible to remember? Goodness knows I remember. That's about as ticked off as I've ever been after a baseball game.
    It was similar to this series. Lost that game on Friday night, came back the next day and beat Wang 10-1 behind Beckett, then on the ESPN game Jeter hit a 3r HR off Schilling in the 8th inning to beat us 4-1. But it all turned out find in October. Wait, Lowell hit a 98 mph Joba pitch for a HR in the 9th. Ended up 4-2 I think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Giving Robertson the evil eye.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]Time for a little Voo Doo
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

thats scary tcal

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

This is where Ortiz needs to spend time in the cage and push a ball down the 3rd base line. We need runners.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : J. I hope things do shift.  Have been a Sox fan for many years. Have seen too many failures against the Yankees.  No way we should have lost this game. Feel sick about it.  Two innings to go, but we failed miserably Friday night.  Will this be the same?

me too. i wont be able to sleep and i'll wake up with a sick feeling in my stomach. then i'll have to listen to the NYY a holes at work and get pizzed all over again. i still think we have the best team.....they'll tear it up again. its the up and down of a long season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]This is where Ortiz needs to spend time in the cage and push a ball down the 3rd base line. We need runners.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

Agree, but he never does, and ends up striking out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Then I guess the game where they blew a 7-2 lead in the 7th inning at home against NYY in September is too horrible to remember? Goodness knows I remember. That's about as ticked off as I've ever been after a baseball game. It was similar to this series. Lost that game on Friday night, came back the next day and beat Wang 10-1 behind Beckett, then on the ESPN game Jeter hit a 3r HR off Schilling in the 8th inning to beat us 4-1. But it all turned out find in October. Wait, Lowell hit a 98 mph Joba pitch for a HR in the 9th. Ended up 4-2 I think.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Oh my god, yes, I most definitely remember that damn game. Okajima and Papelbon combined to urinate that one away. Gee, thanks tons foir reminding me!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : thats scary tcal
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Gotta wake them up Westcoast

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Gotta send him, no?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Crawford better steal the base tonight... NO Bull!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

another hit for carl

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

NOW do you think we can steal a base? C'mon man, let's get it done.

Sections
Shortcuts