Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett

man he got him on that second pick off attempt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Damn, I really am the only one who doesn't know that, it appears!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Wouldn't matter. There was one out and a runner at first. He can't run.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanx. I hate that rule.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

and now pinch hitting for tek looks even better after he dropped that ball, and he will try to steal third

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

sometimes you just have to laugh at how bad varitek is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : actually J-Bay I moved to North California & Fox decided I didn't watch to watch the game yesterday. I got to watch the Giants lose instead of the yanks. My son is 1 1/2 now so I don't have as much time to hang out here until he's asleep, thanks for caring though.
    Posted by 42nyc[/QUOTE]

anytime 42....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

If Gardner was playing foranyone else besides the Yankees you would not know who he is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now's when the tack one on, and we end up losing 3-2 after pushing what would have been the tying run across against Mo in the ninth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]If Gardner was playing foranyone else besides the Yankees you would not know who he is.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

agreed. he's fast, not a great player, just a pest

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How the heck can a 9 inning 2-1 game be over 4 hours long?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Anyone else thought that ball was headed to New Hampshire? (Or wherever state is that direction?).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

3 outs against rivera to get a run or two preferably, a leadoff double would be great here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Nail biter, I can't take these games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

It's now or never. Inexplicably, they've been hitting like women most of the night. Hopefully they use the purse with the brick in it this inning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]How the heck can a 9 inning 2-1 game be over 4 hours long?

according to Valentine & Hersh it's cuz Beckett & Paps take 30 seconds between each pitch though the rule books says they're only allowed 12.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

OK, we've got Scutaro, who's having a good night at the plate, followed by Ellsbury, who has left the populations of Broxton on base tonight, and then Petey. Let's go!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I cannot fault him on that. he was trying to stay out of the double play there. But he will not due it again after what happened tonight, thats the way he is. He said it himself after that suicde squeeze debacle with Kansas City.

[QUOTE]francona also killed this game when he tried to steal second with pedroia and a- gon at bat, with 1 out i believe.
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

well here we go. put up or shut time for the sox. scutaro, ells, pedroia due up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Five walks all year ... when will this guy age???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]3 outs against rivera to get a run or two preferably, a leadoff double would be great here.
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]

Or back to back HR--whatever works.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42nyc. Show 42nyc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : anytime 42....noticed you had time friday and tonight once you took the lead....not so much last night huh??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    what part of 'the game was not on here' don't you get dude? sox destroyed the yanks yesterday. do you need me here to validate that? I don't show up here & talk sh1t, so what exactly is your problem? I have some friends on here & some of them are sox fans & I like to see what people are saying when I can. If my presence offends you in some way just hit the old 'ignore' button & your problem is solved.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Now's when the tack one on, and we end up losing 3-2 after pushing what would have been the tying run across against Mo in the ninth.
    After what I have seen so far , there is no way we score against Rivera in the ninth.  Sox have come up totally flat in a battle for first against the hated enemy. At Fenway, this is just very disappointing.  Absolutely no clutch hitting.  There is no way to just write this off. Sox have got to step it up in the clutch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]How the heck can a 9 inning 2-1 game be over 4 hours long?

a better question is why it started after 8p (on the East coast) on a sunday night?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]It's now or never. Inexplicably, they've been hitting like women most of the night. Hopefully they use the purse with the brick in it this inning.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

I think A-Rod has that one in his locker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

jus cant  mariano getting this save easily