Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett

In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : I agree....thats my point. why take the ball out of hughes hands  tuesday?? didnt expect to see mo out there. It wasnt that important, but girardi was playing it like it was an elimination game
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Girardi said Hughes was available in the pen before the game, due to their starter excess (LOL, if you consider Burnett a viable starter; we know he's good with the cream pies)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : I agree....thats my point. why take the ball out of hughes hands  tuesday?? didnt expect to see mo out there. It wasnt that important, but girardi was playing it like it was an elimination game
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Jbay, this could possibly show a slight, just slight psychological vulnerablility in NYY because of the Sox dominance of them this year. The only bad thing about this is that it's tough to dominate a team like this in the regular season, and then do it again in the postseason. (talk to the 08 Angels) I hope we don't have to face NYY in the playoffs, be too easy to get revenge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Jbay, this could possibly show a slight, just slight psychological vulnerablility in NYY because of the Sox dominance of them this year. The only bad thing about this is that it's tough to dominate a team like this in the regular season, and then do it again in the postseason. (talk to the 08 Angels) I hope we don't have to face NYY in the playoffs, be too easy to get revenge.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Ya i thought of that too, Exam.... he wanted the NYY to be in first place for the first time in a month. before its all over they may be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Eh. They won the series and that's all I really ever hope for against most teams. Keep taking 2 out of 3 (3-4) and I'm happy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : Ya i thought of that too, Exam.... he wanted the NYY to be in first place for the first time in a month. before its all over they may be.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I fervently hope not jbay. Perish the thought, your fatigue is getting to you! :-) Welp, been a fun game--sort of--if you take away the three suicide attempts, the hand wringing, and broken valuables in the house. Night all......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Funny BOSOX-1941 is nowhere around now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine said Ellsbury's bunt was "HORRIBLE". But, ahem... it worked dude, couldn't have been that horrible.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

it was a poor bunt,
     if nunez doesnt screw it up they wouldve had the out at third.
    and yes it worked, yeah!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : What on earth was "horrible" about it? Right down the 3B line, which made Nunez charge and leave the bag uncovered. He can be a tool, can't he?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

were you watching live, it went right to mariano.
    he would have been out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : I fervently hope not jbay. Perish the thought, your fatigue is getting to you! :-) Welp, been a fun game--sort of--if you take away the three suicide attempts, the hand wringing, and broken valuables in the house. Night all......
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

(laughing) :)
    night!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread 8/7/11: Garcia VS Beckett : were you watching live, it went right to mariano. he would have been out.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

and yes valentine does have the air of "above-ness" or whatever. as do a few people on our board. not the most attractive quality for sure. unpleasant on a regualr basis, yes. but not the same i guess as someone willing to do violence for no reason or for personal gain(as we have so many of thoise in our society, and in our government).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Funny BOSOX-1941 is nowhere around now.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    I went in the bedroom to watch the last inning, no puter there.
    What would you like me to say, it was an exciting win, very exciting. Somewhat like the bunt, it was not a good bunt, but it worked. This was absolutely another "Win In Spite Of Francona".  This is an amazing team.