Re: Game thread 80: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow. Groin ?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

pointed to his hip. Great outing. Hope it's nothing serious

[/QUOTE]

Could be hip or upper hamstring. Kowing the Sox medical staff, he'll be out for the year, then have his leg amputated in the offseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Im tired of this bullpen...other U the rest are so inconsistent... Taz is just way too inconsistent lately... almost never gets a clean inning.

Got 123 there. In that situation I'll take it.

[/QUOTE]

yeah after giving up to runs and with toronto that lead we have now is not safe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

Toronto is now Wangless. Hopefully, tomorrow night their Johnson will also take a beating.

Always hear how it is good to get into a team's bullpen. It often does not work out that way. Many teams have good pens. They can come in , match up , and shut your offense down. Seeing that again here.  Hopefully , we already have enough runs to win this one.

We got into their pen early. But the pen shut us down. Now we are just trying to hold on.  Will we see Uehara again tonight ?  Looks like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Toronto is now Wangless. Hopefully, tomorrow night their Johnson will also take a beating.

Always hear how it is good to get into a team's bullpen. It often does not work out that way. Many teams have good pens. They can come in , match up , and shut your offense down. Seeing that again here.  Hopefully , we already have enough runs to win this one.

If you get into their BP early in the series, then it is good.  If you wear out the BP in the final game, then you are just softening them up for their next opponent.  Cecil has been awesome, but it is nice to get a 21-pitch outing out of him.  He's only got so many bullets to fire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Team hopes Buchholz can initiate a throwing program this weekend. Farrell mentioned the possibility of 1-2 rehab starts.

I will believe it when I see it. "Farrell hopes" is a euphemism for "I really have no idea".

As for tonight's game, its a mismatch on paper, at least. I am expecting Lester to hemorrhage runs at the rate of about an ER per inning and to last less than six innings. If we are going to win, its going to be with the bats.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a little curious who you think is favored in this mismatch?  And why you think it is a mismatch?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im tired of this bullpen...other U the rest are so inconsistent... Taz is just way too inconsistent lately... almost never gets a clean inning.

Got 123 there. In that situation I'll take it.

[/QUOTE]

yeah after giving up to runs and with toronto that lead we have now is not safe

[/QUOTE]

What was he supposed to do, strike everyone out? With a five run lead in the 8th, I' trade two outs for two runs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Team hopes Buchholz can initiate a throwing program this weekend. Farrell mentioned the possibility of 1-2 rehab starts.

I will believe it when I see it. "Farrell hopes" is a euphemism for "I really have no idea".

As for tonight's game, its a mismatch on paper, at least. I am expecting Lester to hemorrhage runs at the rate of about an ER per inning and to last less than six innings. If we are going to win, its going to be with the bats.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a little curious who you think is favored in this mismatch?  And why you think it is a mismatch?

[/QUOTE]

And you also might ask him why, pray tell, would Wang be an overwhelming favorite over Lester who has always pitched well against Toronto, and was due for a win? Wang has been washed up for 3-4 years at least. No surprise at all that the Sox cut his water off. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to feel a lot more confident with Uehara closing rather than Bailey. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you also might ask him why, pray tell, would Wang be an overwhelming favorite over Lester who has always pitched well against Toronto, and was due for a win? Wang has been washed up for 3-4 years at least. No surprise at all that the Sox cut his water off. 

[/QUOTE]

It is a little strange. I mean we are in first place, seven games up on Toronto. Anyone in baseball would take Lester over Wang. We have been scoring runs.  The Vegas book had the Sox favored.  How would one figure that it was a mismatch for Toronto ?  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Another great job by Uehara; he is the strength of this bullpen. Btw, anyone else having trouble with this board tonight. Just getting HEADERS and no posts. If i had a dog in as bad a shape as this site, i would put it out of it's misery.

Yeah. The board is a mess. Very frustrating.   Refreshing the page helps somewhat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Another great job by Uehara; he is the strength of this bullpen. Btw, anyone else having trouble with this board tonight. Just getting HEADERS and no posts. If i had a dog in as bad a shape as this site, i would put it out of it's misery.

Yeah. The board is a mess. Very frustrating.   Refreshing the page helps somewhat.

Someone posted it started, not that it ever really ended, when they started to impliment the sig lines. I think thats right. dont need them, anyway. Very frustrating

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im having that trouble too, as well as those stupid ads that keep popping up and forcing me to refresh constantly because the put themselves in place of posts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow. Groin ?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Could be hip or upper hamstring. Kowing the Sox medical staff, he'll be out for the year, then have his leg amputated in the offseason.

[/QUOTE]

Only to find out they amputated the wrong leg...

...on the wrong person.

'What do you mean that was Bradley's leg?  Thought for sure that was Lester we were operating on.'

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Wow. Groin ?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

Only to find out they amputated the wrong leg...

...on the wrong person.

'What do you mean that was Bradley's leg?  Thought for sure that was Lester we were operating on.'

LOL, JB

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize which Wang it was. I looked at his ERA, but did not notice that its the same bum who got canned by the Yankees. Had I known that I would have given us even odds to win this. Lester gave up four runs in eight innings; not great, but better. In game ERA for perspective: 4.50.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow. Groin ?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They made a movie about a one-legged pitcher.

[/QUOTE]

Monty Stratton, Chi Sox. Sometime in the 1940's. Was a star pitcher until he blew his own leg off w/ a shotgun. Pitched in an All-Star game w/ an artificial leg. Jimmy Stewart played the role of Monty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Before you bet your money , you have to make sure that you have the right Wang.  Two Wangs never make a wight ( right ).

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Before you bet your money , you have to make sure that you have the right Wang.  Two Wangs never make a wight ( right ).

Stabbed by Foulke.

Perfection resides on The Isle of Wight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Auuugh! You need a good smack for that groaner.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Auuugh! You need a good smack for that groaner.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I was just responding to Pumpsie saying that he bet on the wrong Wang.