Game Thread 82: Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread 82: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

So now Bailey costs Webster his first win.... how many wins has he cost this team??

At least 4 that I can remember.

What? The Sox have won every game that hes blown a save in except the Detroit game. Hes "cost" the team one game so far. Has he lost other games where he didnt blow a save?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox continue to show a lot of heart. No letdown after blowing the 5-0 lead. They responded the way a winner does. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Sox continue to show a lot of heart. No letdown after blowing the 5-0 lead. They responded the way a winner does. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yes, good win for he team overall, but this cant continue. Need Buchholz back, and something has to be done about Bailey. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yes, good win for he team overall, but this cant continue. Need Buchholz back, and something has to be done about Bailey. 

[/QUOTE]

+1 Ex.....GoSox....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

and Farrell needs to make Koji his closer until he shows he can't handle the job, but so far KOJI IS THE MAN.  He's a lights out closer so far.  GO KOJI AND SOX!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

[QUOTE]

farell really screwed up big time and ended up screwing webster out of an inning ending dp, runners on first and 3rd bautista up, why are we playing a pull shift? thats just dumb, we need a dp, if we had the infield set up for the dp, webster would have been out of the inning, bautista hit it right to where pedoria normally would have been playing. easy double play. now 3 runs for the jays in the inning, webster still has a shot at a quality start which would be an upgrade for him, but farell really screwed up this time.

So we can't shift anymore because someone might hit the ball in a place where a fielder might've been, assuming the player is hitting there at random instead of on purpose?  Hopefully everyone takes the shift off of Papi because he will occasionally go the other way.

[/QUOTE]

the point is that there was no reason to shift in that situation, had we kept the infield at double play depth, the ball bautista hit would have been right to pedroia for an easy inning ending dp

[/QUOTE]

But he's a dead pull hitter.  Why would you not want to shift over to play against the hitter's strength?  Not just here, but every play.  I would change my position against each and every batter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

So now Bailey costs Webster his first win.... how many wins has he cost this team??

At least 4 that I can remember.

[/QUOTE]

It's actually only 1, though he did allow a run in a game where we lost by two.  So call it 1.25 wins he's cost us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Remember when opposing teams waited for the Francona Factor to kick in? Well opposing managers are beginning to count on the Farrell Factor as an effective winning strategy for them

Well, I guess we'll have to just settle for having the best record in the league for now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Remember when opposing teams waited for the Francona Factor to kick in? Well opposing managers are beginning to count on the Farrell Factor as an effective winning strategy for them

Well, I guess we'll have to just settle for having the best record in the league for now.

He didn't buy that when Tito was the manager so I don't expect it to work for Farrell either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Toronto is now 8.5 games behind Boston.  So much for your 11-game winning streak.   LOL

A week ago, this team swept the O's.  You gotta love the AL East.   Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

Bailey doesn't have the club's permission to refuse to come into a game. He hasn't cost the Sox any games, unless you believe he's intentionally throwing the game,  his manager is to blame. When everyone knows that Bailey can't be used in a close game and the manager continues to bring him into one run games, it's not the fault of the pitcher, it's all on the pitiful judgement of the manager. It's beginning to look like Gagne all over again.
    If the Sox win this one it will be "IN SPITE OF FARRELL" and if the lose it, it will be because of Farrell.

Remember when opposing teams waited for the Francona Factor to kick in? Well opposing managers are beginning to count on the Farrell Factor as an effective winning strategy for them.

I blame Farrell for this win!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bailey doesn't have the club's permission to refuse to come into a game. He hasn't cost the Sox any games, unless you believe he's intentionally throwing the game,  his manager is to blame. When everyone knows that Bailey can't be used in a close game and the manager continues to bring him into one run games, it's not the fault of the pitcher, it's all on the pitiful judgement of the manager. It's beginning to look like Gagne all over again.
    If the Sox win this one it will be "IN SPITE OF FARRELL" and if the lose it, it will be because of Farrell.

Remember when opposing teams waited for the Francona Factor to kick in? Well opposing managers are beginning to count on the Farrell Factor as an effective winning strategy for them.

I blame Farrell for this win!

[/QUOTE]

Hey! You stole my line!

Kinda... :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

Hey! You stole my line!

Kinda... :)

Daf! I was trying to remember who's line that was!

I was  paying tribute Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts