Game Thread 83: Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread 83: Blue Jays at Red Sox

And whats with the power outage too? The Sox have not hit many hr's lately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Walk is as good as hit now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

napoli...WOW!  horrible....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

4k for Napoli today. This is epic fail. Time to do someting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

8 strikeouts with our 5 6 7 hitters

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The strikeouts are becoming all too frequent and predictable. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Why do we do these stupid twitter questions? This is the dumbest feature Ive seen on nesn in years. Its always some inane question that you get a bunch of pat answers for that a blind non-sports fan from Kamchatka could predict, but they always choose the "best answers" to put on the air. If theyre going to do that, at least let us look at Jenny while she talks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

8 strikeouts with our 5 6 7 hitters

Epic fail.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

3 outs by Pitcher and Catcher

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I laugh when someone says strikeouts are overated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

They are if you give up rbi hits to the next hitter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Sox definitely deserve to lose this one...  bad coaching, strikeouts and bad relief pitching

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

That Bautista is too comfortable at the Plate! Someone got to clock him, just to keep him honest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is safe to say that the tape of this game will not be used as an instructional video on how to play the game for the minor leaguers in the Sox system. This is truly one to forget.

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, honestly, I dont mind so much losing this game if we win tommorow. I'll only get really ticked if we drop the backend of this series after taking the front. We win tommorow, meh, crap happens. Sweep SD, jump on a plane to the coast and get on with your week. I'll take three of four, its what I predicted at the beginning of this series. A loss tommorow and its a whole different scene. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

These Jays got some young arms.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I really dont mind a loss if a well played game but to see the Sox many blunders, coaching , lack of timely hitting etc.. it really burns me up... they need a bounce back game tomorrow to make up for this mess of a game today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

it just makes me mad when we lose to pitchers like rogers...sould not happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Did you see that little groundball that went by Napoli, thats what I'm talking about. If you hit it you can mess it up.  K's do NOTHING , ZERO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

i dont know whats going on with Napoli but he needs to sit... he has becomes a singles hitter who strikes out two thirds of the time... I m a big fan of his but the Sox cant continue to have that black hole non productive hitter in the fifth hole...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

i dont know whats going on with Napoli but he needs to sit... he has becomes a singles hitter who strikes out two thirds of the time... I m a big fan of his but the Sox cant continue to have that black hole non productive hitter in the fifth hole...

Between him, Bailey, Lester and some of the pen, along with injuries--this team has the seeds of its own destruction already built in. Whether those seeds sprout like they did in 2011 remains to be seen. Could go either way. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Did you see that little groundball that went by Napoli, thats what I'm talking about. If you hit it you can mess it up.  K's do NOTHING , ZERO.

Some fans get so wrapped up in the latest geek metrics that they lose their baseball common sense. Strikeouts are not overrated , either for the pitcher or the batter. A strikeout is a total failure for the batter. Nothing good can happen if you don't put the ball in play.  Some of these same fans also say that home runs are overrated.  Stolen bases too. Closers too. Preposterous.   All these things play a big part in winning or losing.  They are all quite important and not at all overrated.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Hr's are overated, and if you want to debate it no problem. Cardinals, Sox, Tigers 3 of the best teams in MLB in hitting, (runs), lowest in total HRS. You realize the Tigers with Cabrerra and Fielder, Hunter, have less HRS than the Sox.
    Last I checked the Orioles. lead the Majors in Hrs, yet they have not scored nearly the runs the Sox have.

Check the Cards and Orioles Total Team Stats, and then you tell me if HRS aren't overated. The Cards dont have a DH either. 40 Hrs difference, yet only 6 Team total runs difference, WOW HRS are not overated

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hr's are overated, and if you want to debate it no problem. Cardinals, Sox, Tigers 3 of the best teams in MLB in hitting, (runs), lowest in total HRS. You realize the Tigers with Cabrerra and Fielder, Hunter, have less HRS than the Sox.
    Last I checked the Orioles. lead the Majors in Hrs, yet they have not scored nearly the runs the Sox have.

Check the Cards and Orioles Total Team Stats, and then you tell me if HRS aren't overated. The Cards dont have a DH either.

A home run is the best possible result for a hitter , and the worst possible result for the pitcher. With one swing of the bat, you score at least one and possibly more runs. How can that be overrated?  Of course there are other things that go into winning games.  Any of the teams you mentioned would be better if they had more homers. But home runs without the other factors are not going to be enough. That does not mean that home runs are overrated. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Check the Cards and Orioles Total Team Stats, and then you tell me if HRS aren't overated. The Cards dont have a DH either.

A home run is the best possible result for a hitter , and the worst possible result for the pitcher. With one swing of the bat, you score at least one and possibly more runs. How can that be overrated?  Of course there are other things that go into winning games.  Any of the teams you mentioned would be better if they had more homers. But home runs without the other factors are not going to be enough. That does not mean that home runs are overrated. 

[/QUOTE]

Scoring runs is overrated.

Sections
Shortcuts