1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Re: Game Thread 84: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to gymrat05's comment:

Bailey warming up , better win it here 

preaching to the quire

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Seven walk offs so far this year. That says something about the heart that this team has. Everything cannot always be measured in stats. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I love this team... they have so much heart and grit.... no just address some of the BP issues and we will be there at the end....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Seven walk offs so far this year. That says something about the heart that this team has. Everything cannot always be measured in stats. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I love this team... they have so much heart and grit.... no just address some of the BP issues and we will be there at the end....

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Dont think we're too far off. If Bailey would get his act together it would take care of most of it. That, and getting Buch back and in a rythym.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

SD is not a very good team, really need to fatten up and take all three. Do that and go at least 5-5 on the west trip and I can live with that. That would give them 58 wins at the break, and thats amazing. Even so, 56 or 57 wouldnt be unreasonable. Just have to avoid the west coast slough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Time for all the "Ue is the man" posters to pipe down. This guy is WAY too old to have the closer's job permanently, and its just a matter of time before he breaks down and/or becomes ineffecive throwing that 89 mph junk up there to guys like Bautista. He is not the answer, and the system the Sox are using now is a ticking time bomb. Its just a matter of time before the bottom falls out if someting isnt done.

I'd ride him until his arm falls off and then make a decision on whether or not Bailey is back.  I think by 7/31, it has to be Bailey or an outsider.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=28898650&content_id=28488341&c_id=bos

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Great rally, 3 out of 4, keep it up boys !  I really wish the Sox would get a closer though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Koji throws in the 80s at best..the fact that he is unhittable (until today) is proof that he is a shaman of some sort...I would transition Miller to closer asap...this is not going to last

As always - 100% correct!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Can't kill Uehara for the blown save. Very tough hitters , with a one run lead.  At least he limited it to one run and gave us the chance for the walk off.  Generally , I would prefer a fireballing closer, but Uehara is doing well so far. Don't know that we can count on him for the rest of the season. Can Bailey get it together ?  I would not count on that happening. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Farrell on whether he thought of PHing Ortiz for Snyder: "The defensive play in that eighth inning, the two RBIs, he earned the at-bat."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Just compare our late inning heroics this year compared to the disasters in such conditions last year.  I got tired of counting all the extra inning losses, especially at home, all the blows saves, all the rationalizations and excuses of a fractured and miserable team with players you actually had grown to despise.  Still, Cherington must know the score.  We need pitching help, especially the bullpen and, let's face it, we need another good starting pitcher, and whether that is Buchholz finally making it back or trading for one, we need to upgrade or we could fade despite the team playing their hearts out.