PADRES (40-43)
    TBA
    Pitching: LHP Robbie Erlin (1-0, 3.60).

Game time: 7:10 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI-FM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Game Thread 85: Padres at Red Sox

How is the weather in Boston?

Does it look like they will get the game in?

2004 Idiots----when do you have time to eat, sleep, get some sunshine and exercise-between the Minor League reports and the Red Sox info. Thanks for your efforts--I look forward to your insight; keep up the good work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

How is the weather in Boston?

Does it look like they will get the game in?

2004 Idiots----when do you have time to eat, sleep, get some sunshine and exercise-between the Minor League reports and the Red Sox info. Thanks for your efforts--I look forward to your insight; keep up the good work.

Thank You.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Stephen Drew is unlikely to play in this three-game series against San Diego, but John Farrell is "hopeful" he'll avoid a DL stint.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Lot of rain in area forecast - anybody's guess about delay or possible postpone.  Hope Lackey can pitch 5 before weather is a problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

any changes on the roster?????? ......... Starting a 13 game stretch in 13 days.........  Diaz should go & bring in another arm !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The forecasted weather today CT is rain and T-storms. Not only hasnt it rained all day, but the sun is out.  I expect the game will be played

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

any changes on the roster?????? ......... Starting a 13 game stretch in 13 days.........  Diaz should go & bring in another arm !!!!!

Drew should be put on the DL and use his spot for another arm. I suspect he will end up there anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

San Diego starter Robbie Erlin has been roughed up this year in Tucson's Triple A hitter's haven, but the 22-year-old lefthander has posted quality starts in his only two MLB starts, including one I witnessed last Wednesday in San Diego:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SDN/SDN201306260.shtml

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=572362

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He was safe!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I like Managers who let the batters swing 3-0 early in the game. Aggresive baseball. Didn't work this time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I got a feeling Snyder going to be hero tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hwaiting. Show Hwaiting's posts

Well wel well well!  Way to make the most of your chance :D  Awesome, and he really fought for that one.  :D

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

That was a HUGE hit by Iggy. Way to go 2 out hits, LOVE IT!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hwaiting. Show Hwaiting's posts

On comes Lackey...  pitching.. a gem....  you know....  I still can't quite believe it.  But the guy has been more than dependable this year.  4 runs should be more than enough, the way he has been pitching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Quick inning here and Mr Lackey can go all the way. Come on John keep it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I jinxed him, oh boy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://www.chatzy.com/77965231706969

live chat for anyone interested

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Homer Bailey with a no hitter tonight against SF. The last NH thrown in MLB was on 9/28/12, thrown by Homer Bailey. Hes tossed the last two. Sox winning, Bailey with the NH, good night for Exam!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Blanks shoots blanks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Homer Bailey with a no hitter tonight against SF. The last NH thrown in MLB was on 9/28/12, thrown by Homer Bailey. Hes tossed the last two. Sox winning, Bailey with the NH, good night for Exam!

What were the chances?? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

What were the chances?? 

[/QUOTE]

100% as it turned out. ;-) Only needed 109 pitches. A 7th inning walk to Gregor Blanco the only blemish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

When he threw the no no last year, he wasn't even scheduled to pitch, right?

What were the chances?? 

100% as it turned out. ;-) Only needed 109 pitches. A 7th inning walk to Gregor Blanco the only blemish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When he threw the no no last year, he wasn't even scheduled to pitch, right?

What were the chances?? 

No, he was scheduled. In fact, no Reds pitcher missed a start all season. They stayed in rotation 1-5 from beginning to end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

If a post exists where I said something negative about Lackey - or even it doesn't, Im sure I thought it - I stand corrected.  Sometimes its great to be wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts