Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

Go Sox!  Take two

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

Go Sox!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I won't be greedy as I'd love two but , at least, let's get one and, if so, let it be the first one so I'm less anxious all day !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No greed about it mando, we need both these games today! Not a promising start in the first. Same old same old.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Ellsbury, CF
    Scutaro, SS
    Gonzalez, 1B
    Pedroia, 2B
    Ortiz, DH
    Reddick, RF
    Saltalamacchia, C
    Aviles, 3B
    McDonald, LF

No Crawford, stiff neck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Bottom of 1:
    Red Sox first. Ellsbury singled to center. Scutaro infield single to third, Ellsbury to second. Ad.Gonzalez struck out. Pedroia grounded into a double play, shortstop Hardy to second baseman Andino to first baseman C.Davis, Scutaro out.
    Runs: 0, Hits: 2

And Agon who didn't get a hit in the whole Tampa series strikes out with no outs. Can't get the runners to 3rd to score maybe on a fly out, groundout etc.---God forbid, a hit even... and to avoid the double play.

Frustrating !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

3 Ks out of 4 batters, fine start for Weiland

Sox get first 2 men on in the first and Gonzo strikes out then a DP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1:
    [QUOTE]Bottom of 1: Red Sox first. Ellsbury singled to center. Scutaro infield single to third, Ellsbury to second. Ad.Gonzalez struck out. Pedroia grounded into a double play, shortstop Hardy to second baseman Andino to first baseman C.Davis, Scutaro out. Runs: 0, Hits: 2 And Agon who didn't get a hit in the whole Tampa series strikes out with no outs. Can't get the runners to 3rd to score maybe on a foul, groundout etc. and to avoid the double play. Frustrating !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez looks like he has no clue right now. Tell me that shoulder isn't an issue, and he claims it's not--while also telling Rosenthal Saturday that it was. Who knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

TB with day off give Sox a chance to grab a 3 game lead if they can sweep today. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What's the deal w/ Game Day Audio running those banner ads across my screen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Gonzalez looks like he has no clue right now. Tell me that shoulder isn't an issue, and he claims it's not--while also telling Rosenthal Saturday that it was. Who knows.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

think he's of the same ilk as beckett in that regard, exam. no excuses, just need to get it done. yesterday's pregame PA said when he's asked about his shoulder he wont talk about it. regardless, he needs to play

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]TB with day off give Sox a chance to grab a 3 game lead if they can sweep today. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

I'm sayin'! Winning these two would do big time damage to TB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Conversly, if they get swept, the Rays will be highly motivated to go for the Death Blow this week

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

There's a break--way to run it out Reddick, love hustle

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : think hes of the same ilk as beckett in that regard exam. no excuses just need to get it done. yesterdays pregame said when hes asked about his shoulder he wont talk about it. regardless, he needs to play
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I thought since he won't talk about it, it probably is bothering him. He's a stand up guy that doesn't want to use it as an excuse, but still knows he's not hitting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Conversly, if they get swept, the Rays will be highly motivated to go for the Death Blow this week
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

But we won't talk about that......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

His shoulder may be bothering him, but that has nothing to do with swinging at pitches way out of the zone, does it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

3 stranded in the first 2 innings. At this rate, they'll strand 14--that sounds about right.....Yell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The ailing shoulder could force him to do things he wouldn't normally do - especially if he is in great pain.

I still don't get the point of the medical exam prior to the trade; Gonzo failed the exam yet the trade still went though........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

It is just incredible that we lead the league, 1st out of 30 teams, in hitting stats and in many games we just lost to the Rays, we outhit them. It is amazing our inability lately to not get clutch hits & to Leave men on Base. We should enjoy a 4-5 run lead instead of worrying the Orioles will get a man on with a walk, a stolen base, an error and then a hit to go ahead of us. Sorry, for my pessimisim but it's just the way I've been feeling this whole month of Sept since we lost game 3 to the Yankees with Agon called out with bases loaded in the 9th.

Thank God for the Patriots !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

McDonalnd is awesome in left!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well look at teams like the 69 Mets and 2010 Giants - it's all about TIMELY hitting

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

How maddening is that?  DMac drops to balls, should be 3 perfect innings for Weiland, instead now they have 2 runs and counting with just one out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ahhhhhh.  This feels so ... familiar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

play from two down..... againYell

Sections
Shortcuts