Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1:
    [QUOTE]Lackey needs to step up BIG time and stop the bleeding......
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He will

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Yip. You got it. Girardi will be lining up his pitchers for the PS, and resting his regulars. Count on it, and NYY fans will love every second of it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

You can't blame them, we would love it if they were folding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what Bozo the clown told me earlier today, toot toot. (no knock on you jbay...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : You can't blame them, we would love it if they were folding.
    Posted by Gramercy-Park[/QUOTE]

give it a rest mikey

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I just jumped off the Tito bandwagon..Ill probably get an earful from some on here, but i really dont care...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : give it a rest mikey
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Go Sox!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I was hoping that maybe Lackey pulls a lat.. tieing his shoe strings.. it would be more in keeping with the season so far. Sign Stephen King and let him put a nice spin on this horrid season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, 2 hrs til game 2..lets see if we can not give up 5 runs in the first 3 innings...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I just jumped off the Tito bandwagon..Ill probably get an earful from some on here, but i really dont care...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Yeah, afraid so, me too. He's just done some things this year that seem impossible to defend. I have always liked him, but even I have my limits.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : You can't blame them, we would love it if they were folding.

if girardi is worth his salt, he'll play his starters with the teams the nyy are playing against still in a wild card race. we'll see what he's made of.....the game vs. the nyy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Unfortunately the Sox have 6 more games against this Oriole jaggernaut!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 :  if girardi is worth his salt, he'll play his starters with the teams the nyy are playing against are in a wild card race. we'll see what he's made of.....the game or the nyy
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

It all depends he may want to rest some players and get the rotation correct for the playoffs, his number 1 concern isn't getting the Sox in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 :  if girardi is worth his salt, he'll play his starters with the teams the nyy are playing against still in a wild card race. we'll see what he's made of.....the game or the nyy
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

NYY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If you thought that was bad, just wait until Sept 30th for the playoff game in Tampa

There's a new Bucky Dent comin to town

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

The Sox aren't working counts...........have to make the pitchers work..they aren't doing that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]If you thought that was bad, just wait until Sept 30th for the playoff game in Tampa There's a new Bucky Dent comin to town
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

What makes you think they won't lose it outright? LOL.... But honestly, would SOMEBODY step up there and get a big hit to win a game? Just ONE?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

Another game, another horrendously bad loss.  Today was a microcosm of the month of September.  Crappy starting pitching, no clutch hitting (OK, some, but notably, not enough), a game costing error, and playing just "well" enough to lose.  These guys make me nauseous!  EVERYONE today was calling for Aceves to start.  But NOOOOOOO....Terry is just too smart for that.  So he starts a not-ready-for-the-bigs, deer-in-the-headlights Calvin Schiraldi clone and SURPRISE...he gets shelled.  THEN Terry brings in the guy who shoulda started and he gives us 3 scoreless innings.  Dooooh!  AND we have Lackey to look forward to tonight.  Doooooh!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]Ballgame !! Tough start to the series with Lackey going in Game 2.. Sox have not won a  series this month..not even have a winning streak this month..
    Posted by TheoGM1[/QUOTE]

Don't forget 4-14 in September. Who have thought it? This could be worse than 1978. I am stunned!!!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : It all depends he may want to rest some players and get the rotation correct for the playoffs, his number 1 concern isn't getting the Sox in the playoffs.

i understand that...i didnt say getting the sox in, it may be the rays. he needs to field the best team he can, understanding he needs to rest some players with out days off this month. we'll see. my guess is girardi will worry about himself, not the game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox aren't working counts...........have to make the pitchers work..they aren't doing that.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

They're pressing, and that's a bad sign when you're this close to collapse. The team's character is changing, they aren't who they were two months ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : i understand that...i didnt say getting the sox in, it may be the rays. he needs to field the best team he can, understanding he needs to rest some players with out days off this month. we'll see. my guess is girardi will worry about himself, not the game
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

he probably should worry about himself and his team, MLB is not paying his salary the NYY are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

There won't be a playoff game at this rate. Now only 1.5 games up on Tampa with 9 to go. Tampa holds the tie breakers. 

[QUOTE]If you thought that was bad, just wait until Sept 30th for the playoff game in Tampa There's a new Bucky Dent comin to town
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : i understand that...i didnt say getting the sox in, it may be the rays. he needs to field the best team he can, understanding he needs to rest some players with out days off this month. we'll see. my guess is girardi will worry about himself, not the game
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Good point jbay. If the Rays beat the crap out of NYY, it could be NYY that get knocked out! Very interesting angle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : NYY
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

LOL ya thats what i think too exam. we'll here the we havent had a day off all month dont blame me blame MLB

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]Well, 2 hrs til game 2..lets see if we can not give up 5 runs in the first 3 innings...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    Ah well.. it's just a boys game played by millionaires..long live the idiots and dirt dogs.Those were good times.At least the owner tried to get a winner. Much better than selling star players to finance a broadway musical!!