Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

Wow, a career minor leaguer blowing the game while a 142 million dollar man rides pine

That's quite statement of our season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You can't hang a kid like Wieland out to dry like this and not expect trouble. Not mature enough to get past it. WTG D!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

For me, thank God for the Giants.......I figure the Sox game will be ovah by 8:45 tonight regardless so I can't complain about the timing..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

5 outs, end of inning

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

guilt allayance homer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

talk about atonement

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Weiland is snakebit. Same thing happened Thursday with that stupid broken bat. Dmac has to hit at least 2 HR to make up for the errors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury, CF Scutaro, SS Gonzalez, 1B Pedroia, 2B Ortiz, DH Reddick, RF Saltalamacchia, C Aviles, 3B McDonald, LF No Crawford, stiff neck.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]
    craw has a stiff EGO! does this damnnn team ever take a lead to start a game? they are always pulling an obama in leading from behind!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Weiland is snakebit. Same thing happened Thursday with that stupid broken bat. Dmac has to hit at least 2 HR to make up for the errors.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

second preferably with men on base

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So with 10 games left and a double header after losing 6 of 7 to one team that can end their season, Carl Crawford comes up w/ a stiff neck?

This dude should be booed off the field if he decides to get back in the line up by Wednesday.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gonzalez awful now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

...and if he puts an 0-fer up today, he'll probably drop to second in AL BA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

who needs a kevin millwood when we have a weiland? kets go yankeeeees.. this what sox fans have beeen reduced to for this is the only way we are going in.. hope rays get beat by yanks as we also keep losing and we sneak in by one. can u imagine this team winning a one game playoff against the rays?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

C-H-O-K-E !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gonzo's power has been nearly completely zapped since the HR Derby.

This may be unprecedented in terms of a 2nd half drop off for the Sox....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I just heard Heidi say Lowrie is playing game 2..Aviles and Scoot are red hot right now, why would he make them sit? Can they not both play 2 games?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]So with 10 games left and a double header after losing 6 of 7 to one team that can end their season, Carl Crawford comes up w/ a stiff neck? This dude should be booed off the field if he decides to get back in the line up by Wednesday.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

AM, I'd play in a situation like this if I had a BROKEN neck. I don't understand it. At least, they'd have to physically keep me out of the lineup to get me away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Gosh, I was almost rooting for Agon to do as he has been doing, strike out. But no as luck would have it, he hits into a DP.

Balts 2 hits 2 runs

Sox 5 hits  1 run

I said this in previous posts that it seems we can only get runs from homers as we can't drive men in...no clutch hits !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]who needs a kevin millwood when we have a weiland? kets go yankeeeees.. this what sox fans have beeen reduced to for this is the only way we are going in.. hope rays get beat by yanks as we also keep losing and we sneak in by one. can u imagine this team winning a one game playoff against the rays?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I think there is a good chance there is a 1 game playoff

However, there is absolutely no chance the Sox would be able to beat the Rays in a 1 game playoff given Beckett would be forced to pitch one of the last 2 or 3 games of the year just to force the playoff game and any other starter on the Sox would not be able to handle the assignment.  Remember, we have been the Ray's b---ch's since 2008 and The Sox are happy to continue to bend over and take it.  I'd rather just be out by 1 game then to end up in a tie w/ an embarrassing loss. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I just heard Heidi say Lowrie is playing game 2..Aviles and Scoot are red hot right now, why would he make them sit? Can they not both play 2 games?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

"Glass" says he's ready to play so Francona is of course, gonna play him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Craw's defense, we don't know that he sat HIMSELF down, could be the dr's and coaches told him he couldn't play even though he wanted to.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : AM, I'd play in a situation like this if I had a BROKEN neck. I don't understand it. At least, they'd have to physically keep me out of the lineup to get me away.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I'd play in about any situation less a major broken bone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Andino has about as much power as....* COUGH *  Bucky Dent........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]How maddening is that?  DMac drops to balls, should be 3 perfect innings for Weiland, instead now they have 2 runs and counting with just one out.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Please God, is it just me or is this all of theis BS NOT Major League Baseball? They look like Major leage players, they run like Major leage players, they wear eye black like Major leage players, they even wear sweat bands like Major leage players, BUT THEY ARE NOT! They can't catch, they can't thow ANYONE out at the plate, when is the last time we saw a hit and run, or a "Real nice bunt"? This team is sinking fast..................

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

Yell