Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1:
    [QUOTE]Regarding playing hurt...I spent 1st 21 years in Maine & last 45 in SF Bay area. Roots run deep so I'm a Boston team fan first and a local one 2nd. At Candlestick yesterday with 49ers up 24-14 in last qtr. Romo with a broken or broken ribs plays & they get 2 scores to tie & win in OT. He played in contact football & was hit also a couple of times yet we have many of our stars hurt in non contact baseball...give me a break !!!  Play with pain & don't complain !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Cleary  they are just going through the motions to get to post season and click on the switch!! Okay.. not really .. they're DONE! A fat lady is singing to us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Geez !!!    O's have 6 runs and 5 hits !!!

We have    2 runs on 7 hits !!!

It's called, as it has been the past month, no clutch hitting !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]But honestly people, what do you expect when you have a pitcher starting who is barely even AAA ready? Injuries are the biggest part of what's killing this team, it's letting the air out of everything else and creating this mess.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Then they should have started Aceves.  At least he gives them a veteran on the mound.  If they lose this game, I gurantee they will lose game two

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It's like the Baseball God said This year, you, the Red Sox will fold and then literally everything goes south. Kyle Weiland....really?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

honestly, this is just not good enough? Why isn't EVERYONE on this board insulted at the product and effort this team puts out there game after game???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Look - be happy w/ what you got right now.  I promise you that in a mere 10 days things will be MUCH MUCH Worse.

Kyle Weiland IS the scheduled starter for Sept 30th - the date of the 1 game playoff game in Tampa.

If you thought it was embarassing to be heckled by Matt Garza in 2008, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Other than Ellsbury, Beckett, Papelbon, Ortiz, Pedey and maybe Aceves there isn't a single guy on this team who shouldn't be utterly embarrassed w/ how they've treated their fan base - check that - how they treated the people who pay for their mansions and porsches.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

BTW we all know we will lose game two of this doubleheader with Lackey starting. That is a given.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Then they should have started Aceves.  At least he gives them a veteran on the mound.  If they lose this game, I gurantee they will lose game two
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

You may be right about game two, I hope not. But I agree that putting the whole season on a AAA kid who's not even shown a record in his previous starts of being ready is foolish. He's probably trying to save the pen for the DH, but it's not working. Terry Francona always plays it safe, and there are times when you can't afford to, you have to take a risk or go home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Look - be happy w/ what you got right now.  I promise you that in a mere 10 days things will be MUCH MUCH Worse. Kyle Weiland IS the scheduled starter for Sept 30th - the date of the 1 game playoff game in Tampa. If you thought it was embarassing to be heckled by Matt Garza in 2008, you ain't seen nothing yet. Other than Ellsbury, Beckett, Papelbon, Ortiz, Pedey and maybe Aceves there isn't a single guy on this team who shouldn't be utterly embarrassed w/ how they've treated their fan base - check that - how they treated the people who pay for their mansions and porsches.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Scoot and Aviles have both been playing very good as of late

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Now why couldn't we bribe the Orioles to take a dive and get swept in the 4 game series.. I mean whats a few more Mil on top of 160 + Mil...Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE] Other than Ellsbury, Beckett, Papelbon, Ortiz, Pedey and maybe Aceves there isn't a single guy on this team who shouldn't be utterly embarrassed w/ how they've treated their fan base - check that - how they treated the people who pay for their mansions and porsches.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I know others have said this, but I said on the day it happened, that not only will JD Crawford be the worst signing in Red Sox history (that's saying a lot for Theo), I still stand by my statement that it will end up the worst signing in baseball HISTORY!

$142 million for a .280/12/60 #6 hitter!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Scoot and Aviles have both been playing very good as of late
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

OK I'll give you Scoot.....even if I add Aviles how many guys is that 7?  out of how many?

The biggest dissappoint other than Youk and Buck going down and the insane signing of one Carl Crawford - well, that's golden boy Jon Lester........l

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

[QUOTE]But honestly people, what do you expect when you have a pitcher starting who is barely even AAA ready? Injuries are the biggest part of what's killing this team, it's letting the air out of everything else and creating this mess.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Deja vu on the injuries excuse. We somehow spent $160m last year and were sunk by all those 'injuries', just unfortunate 'buzzard luck.'

This year, spent same $160m, suddenly injuries sink us again, no pitching left, what ever are we to do? Bad luck, cruel fate, again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

what has happened to AGON ? He is killing us in this game.. K, DP..also hitless in the Rays series..

I guess with the labrum surgery it was not  awise choice to participate in the HR derby.. Not the same player in 2nd half...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

'Bout frik-kin time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : I know others have said this, but I said on the day it happened, that not only will JD Crawford be the worst signing in Red Sox history (that's saying a lot for Theo), I still stand by my statement that it will end up the worst signing in baseball HISTORY!

Well, pitchers aside (Zito and Hampton) I would say that at this point in time, Crawford is certainly on his way to being the single worst signing in the history of SPORT..........any sport.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Its really sad that we have to start guys like Weiland in game of this much importance.. I wish we had Kevin Milwood..

If only Lester could have stepped up on Saturday we would be breathing a bit easy right now..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Back to back extra base hits?  Sox back in this game.  Tease?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : I know others have said this, but I said on the day it happened, that not only will JD Crawford be the worst signing in Red Sox history (that's saying a lot for Theo), I still stand by my statement that it will end up the worst signing in baseball HISTORY! $142 million for a .280/12/60 #6 hitter!

280?  Where do you get 280 from?   are you referring to his On Base Average?

Don't forget to mention that he is clueless about how to hit the cut off man.....I have no confidence on his ability to catch ANYTHING hit his way.  I am ready to pull a Kelly Leak and tell Ellsbury to cover left field too!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Deja vu on the injuries excuse. We somehow spent $160m last year and were sunk by all those 'injuries', just unfortunate 'buzzard luck.' This year, spent same $160m, suddenly injuries sink us again, no pitching left, what ever are we to do ? Bad luck, cruel fate, again.
    Posted by Granite2000[/QUOTE]

Didn't say that was the only reason, but it IS one of the big ones. How could you deny it? If anything, there needs to be a serious look taken at RS conditioning/medical and etc. Four years in a row. Can you honestly deny that last year this team wasn't devastated by injuries? Your post is not honest. "Bad pitching" yes, but look who's on the mound.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Right on cue.. some sign of life from Sox.. but can our pen hold them right here ???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Back to back extra base hits?  Sox back in this game.  Tease?
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Please no tease..i couldnt handle that right now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]Back to back extra base hits?  Sox back in this game.  Tease?
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Unfotunately the Sox pitchers have to throw 4 more innings  Yell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Sox making a historic comeback...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That ball was fair!!