Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1

In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : I know others have said this, but I said on the day it happened, that not only will JD Crawford be the worst signing in Red Sox history (that's saying a lot for Theo), I still stand by my statement that it will end up the worst signing in baseball HISTORY!
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]
    You know, you may very well be correct, that by the end of Crawford's contract, his signing will be considered the worst FA signing ever.

BTW, is his "stiff neck" for real? Or is he pouting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

they better get this call right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fan-tastic. Show Fan-tastic's posts

That poor kid...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Its really sad that we have to start guys like Weiland in game of this much importance.. I wish we had Kevin Milwood.. If only Lester could have stepped up on Saturday we would be breathing a bit easy right now..
    Posted by TheoGM1[/QUOTE]

Lester step up?  That'd be like believing that somehow ARoids never cheated and has his ticket stamped to Cooperstown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Didn't say that was the only reason, but it IS one of the big ones. How could you deny it? Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Hasn't hurt the Yankees that much (ARod, Hughes, Chamberlain)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Didn't say that was the only reason, but it IS one of the big ones. How could you deny it? If anything, there needs to be a serious look taken at RS conditioning/medical and etc. Four years in a row. Can you honestly deny that last year this team wasn't devastated by injuries? Your post is not honest. "Bad pitching" yes, but look who's on the mound.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I believe they lost last year b/c of bad pitching (see Beckett) but this year the main factor was injuries......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

man, i dont normally complain about umps, but this is killing me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Woulnd't be easier to call a ball fair and then change it if wrong? DUMB, more bad umpiring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Unbelievable

That was hit

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This HP ump is horrible..low outside strikes to Red and now Papi..not even close!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : I believe they lost last year b/c of bad pitching (see Beckett) but this year the main factor was injuries......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

No, Youkilis and Pedroia being out for half the year had no effect at all on the team. Beckett, BTW, pitched bad to a degree because he was hurt. Again, conditioning comes into question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

horrendous umpiring all year....worst i can remember. dont know what accounts for it. next up for instand replay will be fair/foul and plays at the plate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In 2010, even w/o Youk and Pedey, they still scored lots of runs......remember Belte and VMart?

I don't think Beckett was hurt.  If he was hurt, why was he pitching?  And why did Theo give him a huge extension w/o reviewing his medical records first?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : No, Youkilis and Pedroia being out for half the year had no effect at all on the team. Beckett, BTW, pitched bad to a degree because he was hurt. Again, conditioning comes into question.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Ive started to question it myself..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 9/19 Orioles v. Red Sox Game 1 : Hasn't hurt the Yankees that much (ARod, Hughes, Chamberlain)

Huges and Arod are back, Chamberlian never a big deal anyway. Can't completely compare the two, although I will admit the NYY backups have done a little better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

It's two years in a row now.  Has anyone given thought to the possibility that Youk is rapidly breaking down?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Youk isn't in decline.  He does look like he's becoming a DH who could sub for 1 day/week each at 1st and 3rd....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well let me see. youk has a hernia right now. plus bursittis (sp) in his hip. I'd say that falls under the catagory of being injured. not declining.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that call last inning was one of the worst ive ever seen..anyways, i hope kyle weiland never pitches another game for the redsox again, and he doesnt deserve to, he is so horrible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

I changed "declining" to "breaking down"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In 2010, even w/o Youk and Pedey, they still scored lots of runs......remember Belte and VMart? I don't think Beckett was hurt.  If he was hurt, why was he pitching?  And why did Theo give him a huge extension w/o reviewing his medical records first?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and just imagine how much better they'd have been with a full lineup. Who replaced PD and Youk? I don't even remember, but they weren't as good as the originals. Can't get away from it AM, injuries killed this team last year. Beckett hurt his back in NY, and was never the same. It happened after he signed the extension, well after. Part of his trouble was that he was OUT OF SHAPE, something he fixed this year in the off season, and look at him now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

following the game on Gameday..

Did Tito come out to argue the foul ball call in RF ?

did they check it on replays to confirm the call.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]It's two years in a row now.  Has anyone given thought to the possibility that Youk is rapidly breaking down?

Youk has been on teh DL now for three years in a row. Remember, he went out in May of 2009.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]following the game on Gameday.. Did Tito come out to argue the foul ball call in RF ? did they check it on replays to confirm the call.
    Posted by TheoGM1[/QUOTE]

It should have been a hit, and yes, Tito did argue the call.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Regardless of the final outcome it is sad that the Sox give hope to a team the caliber of the Orioles.  This should be a sure thing sweep in Fenway.