Game Thread 99: Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game Thread 99: Yankees at Red Sox

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Can you hear me? Can you hear me calling....

Cant leave a message. your profile must be set to private? make it public 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sorry J-Bay I was on private try again ....my friend

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Sorry J-Bay I was on private try again ....my friend

sent

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Saltalamacia is nothing but a strikeout machine. He needs to do something with that swing and stance. That stance is very susceptable to the outside pitch. I am surprised he has not worked with the hitting coaches on that swing of his.

Macarver said he should have been bunting on that play. Drew then hit a slow ground ball to first base and they would have tied the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Saltalamacia is nothing but a strikeout machine. He needs to do something with that swing and stance. That stance is very susceptable to the outside pitch. I am surprised he has not worked with the hitting coaches on that swing of his.

Macarver said he should have been bunting on that play. Drew then hit a slow ground ball to first base and they would have tied the game.

sakty is a joke on both sides of defense and offense...resigning him would be dumb

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Too bad our team cannot hit, Lackey did not pitch badly but you cannot give  3 hits to Nunez and Brett Gardner. Those are the guys you have to get out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Frustrating day. Sox just can’t get it done.  Ball just isn’t bouncing their way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Another bat!!!!! Thornton is a joke!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Like Ive been saying since the Sox got him..thornton stinks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Thornton is a joke!!! Ooops, I said it again!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

His specialty was to get lefties out which he does not seem to do... in fact, he cant get anyone out... finally... he gets someone out but not when it really matters... this guy is NOT the answer ...he is an aging declining reliever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Well this one is over 4-0 with our anemic offense. Thornton stinks, so glad this is the guy Young Ben wanted. I can see Tampa Bay overtaking this team. We still need a right handed hitter who can hit the ball out of the ball park. This team has gotten yeomans work out of Daniel Nava but the FO would be foolish to think that he is going to continue doing this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Well this one is over 4-0 with our anemic offense. Thornton stinks, so glad this is the guy Young Ben wanted. I can see Tampa Bay overtaking this team. We still need a right handed hitter who can hit the ball out of the ball park. This team has gotten yeomans work out of Daniel Nava but the FO would be foolish to think that he is going to continue doing this.

I tend to agree somewhat but this team leads the majors in runs scored ....what they need are BP arms that are not has beens... yeah the sox gave up little to get him but thats all they got in return

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

I tend to agree somewhat but this team leads the majors in runs scored ....what they need are BP arms that are not has beens... yeah the sox gave up little to get him but thats all they got in return

[/QUOTE]

Somehow they do, but "Salty" is a freaking joke!!!!!!! He should be embarrassed, but I'm sure he's not!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

See now if Thornton does his job this ballgame is tied

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Thornton stinks. He stunk all year here in Chicago. Oh well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Thornton stinks. He stunk all year here in Chicago. Oh well.

its true... when the trade went down I saw a lot of comments from white sox fans and most said he stunk and were glad to see him go...  what our scouts saw in him is beyond me

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Last four games the Red Sox have scored a grand total of eight runs, several unearned. To summarize this team now:    Starting pitching--pretty good, Reief Pitching--horrible, Hitting--fair at best, Clutch Hitting--almost non-existent.  We seldom hit home runs, don't move runners (how can you when you strike out at the rate we do; specifically Napoli and Saltalamachia).  To score a run we need three hits/walks in an inning.  It doesn't happen often.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Saltlamacia is a shakey hitter as well as defensive catcher. I can actually see why the Atlanta Braves dumped him off in that trade several years back. He has a major hole in his swing and his defense is shakey as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to tomtom1's comment:

Last four games the Red Sox have scored a grand total of eight runs, several unearned. To summarize this team now:    Starting pitching--pretty good, Reief Pitching--horrible, Hitting--fair at best, Clutch Hitting--almost non-existent.  We seldom hit home runs, don't move runners (how can you when you strike out at the rate we do; specifically Napoli and Saltalamachia).  To score a run we need three hits/walks in an inning.  It doesn't happen often.

Well said. there is absolutely no power on this team. This team needs a hitter who can hit the ball out of the ball park.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

can we get a hitter

NC

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

is that too much to ask

NC

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Saltalachia absolutely reeks, I hope they do not sign this guy after the season.  He is a strikeout machine, atrocious. 

On another note I have never seen a guy like Rivera stay consistent the way he has into his 40s. Papelbon's velocity has dropped but this guy stays the same unreal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

given the at bats differential napoli and salty are almost exactly equal in strikeouts.  talk about consistent

NC

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Key2Delock. Show Key2Delock's posts

Some Perspective After A Rough Loss

Before this season, many prognosticators expected this team to finish last in the American League East and far out of the playoffs.  While that's not beyond the realm of possibility for a team with so few top-level players (Ortiz, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Buchholz and Lester excepted), a recent history of late-season collapses and many division games still to be played among the 63 games left in the season (including 17 between now and August 29 and 19 in September, plus six in California against the Giants and Dodgers), getting to the 100-game point with the best record in the American League, while posting a 14-7 record since losing three of four in Detroit a month ago, is remarkable.