Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino)

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : Forget home runs, how about RBI's 10 maybe what happen?
    Posted by CHUBBIE99[/QUOTE]

strained neck....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Wake loyalists will not change. They will defend him to the end.  That is fine. But this guy tonight was something else again.  Wake's critics are " ignorant."  Then he trashes his teammates for losing the game. The same teammates who saved him so many times.  I will say this much for Wake: I'm sure he did not want to come out of the game, but he would never resort to blaming the bullpen for blowing it.  Good night all.  Well, almost all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : Forget home runs, how about RBI's 10 maybe what happen?
    Posted by CHUBBIE99[/QUOTE]

Thats a long neck strain 45 days...and by the way why is everyone killing Wakefield. He took it into the 6th and gave up 4 runs, Albers was the one who blew this game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : Thats a long neck strain 45 days...and by the way why is everyone killing Wakefield. He took it into the 6th and gave up 4 runs, Albers was the one who blew this game.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

This is GOOD COP Mikey. Bad Cop will come tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : This is GOOD COP Mikey. Bad Cop will come tomorrow.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Hey guy, Matt Albers what can you do?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Tim Wakefield left with a 4-3 lead in the sixth and the bullpen simply blew up. That was the story of this game. The Sox went down in order in the 9th with Adrian Gonzalez (0-for-5) striking out to end the game. The Sox never scored after the sixth inning

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Adrian hit the ball well 400 ft. twice. Am I correct? Why paint the picture so black, just curious. Did you watch the game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

This is all 20-20 hindsight, as I was out and not able to watch any of the game, but I just have to vent.  I am not a Francona basher, but he frustrates me no end in one way.  He seems to have no inclination to play the hot hand, in fact he does the opposite.

Back when Lowrie came off the DL, Scutaro was on a real hot streak.  Never mind, give Lowrie the start and let the hot Scutaro sit and cool off.  Yesterday, Lowrie got hot, finally.  Time to let him sit and cool off.  What could it hurt?  The team only had three of their most productive hitters out of the lineup and has been struggling to score more than 4 runs a game for the last 10 or so games.  In that time, the only game they scored more than 4 was when Lowrie got 3 hits.  Must be a good time to sit him, all the signs were there!

And the converse of that is bringing in Albers.  If there is one pitcher on the 25 man squad that is NOT hot, it is Albers.  Trying to get Tim the 200th win...must be time to bring in the only reliever who has an ERA over 10.00 in his last 4 games!  Better not bring in that bum Wheeler.  He was terrible back in April. 

Yes, Albers was great early in the year.  Heck, he was good in July.  But he has been awful in August.  Suddenly he is the pitcher Baltimore couldn't find a use for.  And yes, Wheeler was bad in April and May, but he has been excellent since coming off the DL.  Better not trust him.  Better stick with Albers.

I don't get it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

No, you should check the response from the boston globe writers...which i am sure you have all the respect in the world for, correct....that is their summary..check it out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]Adrian hit the ball well 400 ft. twice. Am I correct? Why paint the picture so black, just curious. Did you watch the game?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]Phil, AGON hit 10 home runs in may 8 in the other 4 months. and maybe 10-12 rbi's since the break.  (210 ab's 2hrs) and yes i did watch the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

When a pitcher is great for three months and then is poor for two weeks, then you never use him again, you put his azz on a train to Siberia. I get it. One of these days, my 20-20 perfect hindsight will return. Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Good post, you get it.  Wakefield is so bad that your hatred of him is far greater than any concept of winning

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]When a pitcher is great for three months and then is poor for two weeks, then you never use him again, you put his azz on a train to Siberia. I get it. One of these days, my 20-20 perfect hindsight will return. Thanks.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]2Weeks phil,phil,phil, how about 6 weeks.
    I don't think the baseball world would be asking what's going on if it was only 2weeks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

You know, some posters just want to change the rule books , so that the pitchers or batters they don't like get all the blame.   Sorry, but tonight timmy got screwed again, but not so much that he gets the L.  When you let in 2 runs to tie the game, and then 5 more runs of your own, you build your own nest...too bad, sure, I bet Tito should have yanked you off the mound, but it didn't happen.  i just don't see where this is the fault of Tim wakefield. of course we can all praie the great batting order for their 4 runs----the #1-#3 hitters were not big contributors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a lot of frustration here and i can see why but i watched the game and I thought Francona did the right thing letting him start the inning and I thought he made the timely pitching change when Wake started to fall apart...

what he should have done is use BARD in the 7th to preserve the lead. Bard is his best reliever with RISP and that would have left Albers or anyone else with the top of the inning in the 8th - then paps in the 9th...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Albers didn't pitch well. The blame goes on him. Most Sox fans get it. Most Sox fans can live with that. I don't see why any more debate is warranted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jesus, i actually agree with spike.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Look , the guy has an ERA of 5. He was obviously out of gas. Of course the bullpen blew it. It is not realistic to think that Wake would have pitched out of trouble. Even if he did, he was through after six. Same relievers would have been used then. Wake has not been consistently good in a long time

Amen. Wakefield has been bad for a long time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It could be worse, Lackey could have been pitching... remember Wake is techichally better than Lackey. Of course ERA doesn't matter to the forum brain trust but whatever.

We have our #3 and #5 starters who "keep the team in the game" by only allowing 5 or 6 runs every five innings... so fortunate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

LOL, well said, Burrito!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Good morning folks...a double ouch night..Sox and Yanks with identical score losses..Frown..right now it's starting to look like it will take another hot streak before someone gets seperation as both of our teams are fighting off the injury bug a bit