Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino)

Thats what happens to Wakefield he goes cold quick and is a 5 inning pitcher, big strain on bullpem=n. How the hell do you give up 8 runs in one inning tothis second rate team. What was Terry waiting for to pull Albers. Just let it get out of hand qick and have no chance in coming back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino):
    I can't wait for the day Wakefield retires. I know we are not aloud to say or think anything anti Timmy Wakefield but crap he was never anything other than a 500 pitcher. He is toast.  Go ahead lecture me all you want, but just don't plan on making any playoff with with that stiff on the team or worse in the rotation.   
    Posted by proftom

Be prepared for an all out assault from the Wake loyalists. They will defend him to the death.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is a 5 inning pitcher at best and kills the bullpen. I am hoping this is his last year with this team.

I can't wait for the day Wakefield retires. I know we are not aloud to say or think anything anti Timmy Wakefield but crap he was never anything other than a 500 pitcher. He is toast.  Go ahead lecture me all you want, but just don't plan on making any playoff with with that stiff on the team or worse in the rotation.   
    Posted by proftom

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Kansas City will not see another 8 run inning this decade. Oops! Forgot they've got the Sox again tomorrow. Whatc a bunch of @#*&^%#!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Pathetic and second rate. 

And that's just the coaching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If they can do it, we can too.
    Posted by bobbysu

Not with this lineup, bobby.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

At least the Yankees are getting beat by the Twinkies. I still cannot believe Minnesota has lost 22 0f 24 games to the Yankees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

At least Pedey got on base.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Only the clown that said, why not DFA wakefield knows...bravo, brilliant....oh, but wait, it was Albers who came in to let in the  2 runs to tie the game and then 5 more.    But  of course that just never happened...it was all wakefield's fault, totally.....that poster knows for certain that wakefield never could have got thru the 6th.

Excellent poster...follows the game...knows everything about basball. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I wonder how Melky likes KC ? Big change from NY. For entertainment he can listen to the corn grow at night.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

At least the Yankees are getting beat by the Twinkies. I still cannot believe Minnesota has lost 22 0f 24 games to the Yankees.
    Posted by AL34

I can AL, they just own them, thank god for AJ Burnett, he's our Wake/Lackey equalizer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i am a wake loyalist but it may be time to put him to sleep. wake should be around for more than starts with lots of rest. more he pitches in a row, u have issues. his last start or 2 he went 7 and threw 110 pitches or so. would sign him for no more than one more farewell year but yep his stamina is increasingly an isssue. with guys like aceves or miller, not sure if wake is the most necessary guy for us goind forward. we have options!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He is a 5 inning pitcher at best and kills the bullpen. I am hoping this is his last year with this team. In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) :
    Posted by AL34

With all the talk about Wake getting 200 wins ; what is not mentioned is the fact that he is the all time losingest Sox pitcher.   Nice guy, but just not a very good pitcher.  The truth hurts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I wonder how Melky likes KC ? Big change from NY. For entertainment he can listen to the corn grow at night.
    Posted by AL34
    have u not seen his numbers? melk may be one of those guys who can only produce grreat numbers on mediocre or low level isolated teams,. like francoeur

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : 9-4 Royals!!!!
    Posted by greatestNYY

Damn Martian, did you bookmark page 2 of this thread and pray for revenge? That post was nearly 2 hours ago.  You really follow Red Sox message boards thoroughly huh? loser!  Ive never ventured on a yanks message board in my life. Life is to short to be wasting precious minutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : With all the talk about Wake getting 200 wins ; what is not mentioned is the fact that he is the all time losingest Sox pitcher.   Nice guy, but just not a very good pitcher.  The truth hurts.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    wake is now a good ham and egger average pitcher, he was very good in his prime. never great exc for thqt brief period in that one year in pitt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : Damn Martian, did you bookmark page 2 of this thread and pray for revenge? That post was nearly 2 hours ago.  You really follow Red Sox message boards thorough huh? loser!  Ive never ventured on a yanks message board in my life. Life is to short to be wasting precious minutes.
    Posted by westcoastsox9

I have never been to a Yankee board either. It is astonishing how many Yankee fans come here. Why????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : With all the talk about Wake getting 200 wins ; what is not mentioned is the fact that he is the all time losingest Sox pitcher.   Nice guy, but just not a very good pitcher.  The truth hurts.
    Posted by dgalehouse

um, actually he's thrown 7 IP or more in his 4 previous starts, but hey he's only a 5-inn pitcher. You guys really are ignorant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He flopped with Atlanta last year. The Yankees dumped him because of his bad influence on Robinson Cano and hanging out in the bars in New York together. Cano is a good player with a 50 cent head as well.

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : have u not seen his numbers? melk may be one of those guys who can only produce grreat numbers on mediocre or low level isolated teams,. like francoeur
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Wake was always one of my favorites but, he should have retired long ago. He's done. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : um, actually he's thrown 7 IP or more in his 4 previous starts, but hey he's only a 5-inn pitcher. You guys really are ignorant.
    Posted by dannycater

You are overdue. What took so long?  The Wake defenders need to be ready. By the way , I did not say he was a five inning pitcher, just said that he is not very good. You can dispute that if you want.  I guess if one does not agree that Wake is a good pitcher, that person must be " ignorant."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah he threw 7 in Seatlle and gave up 5 runs which killed us on Sunday.

n Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino):
    In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : um, actually he's thrown 7 IP or more in his 4 previous starts, but hey he's only a 5-inn pitcher. You guys really are ignorant.
    Posted by dannycater

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, August 20, BOS (Wakefield) @ KC (Paulino) : I have never been to a Yankee board either. It is astonishing how many Yankee fans come here. Why????
    Posted by dgalehouse

I don't get it either Gale. It's a good  fourm but a disaster lately. the other night, more yankee fans than red sox. Babes got serious issues that go deeper than a forum and a few others aren't too far behind.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts