GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

Last call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I don't know, but anyone would have done besides Bard. Bard is unstable because of his recent struggles. Getting him out of there on a positive note would have paid off later on. Now he's maybe back to his ghosts again. I think at least after the first batter reached it was time. I don't have all the answers lloyd, I just had the feeling that inning was going to go bad if Bard started it, and it did. My gut is right a lot more than it's wrong.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Well, that's the thing ... you don't know who you'd have gone with. Can't just pull the guy and not put someone in. The only better option would be Papelbon, and he's not a six-out guy.
    He had pitched well in his previous two outings and looked great in the 7th. I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Brutal. Just brutal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

thats a shame

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

not saying this will happen, but all you gotta do is GET in the playoffs and anything can happen, i mean hell the cardinals won a world series not that long ago after winning just 83 games in the regular season.. probobaly being way too optimistic, but its ok to dream

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So much for the good start. Who didn't see that coming?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Disappointing to say the least!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

bummer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]If the Sox need any incentive to win...they now have it...the Rays have lost...time to man up!  Go Sox!!!
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

How about their multi million dollar salaries?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow. Crappy loss, one of the worst of the year-and they come one after another this month. Truly incredible the ways this team finds to lose games lately. I've had enough for the night. Good thing the Rays lost.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

We don't deserve to go to the playoffs the Rays do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Sox walk off...with heads down.

This is a sorry FN bunch.

If they sneak in and when the make a quick exit I hope there are a lot of changes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

I for one am extremely disappointed :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

funny how the sox have a much better record against the yankees this season then against teams with lower payrolls in their division like the rays and jays, and now the orioles

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't know. There is just something lacking in this team. We cannot beat anyone lately. Cannot have any confidence going into Yankee Stadium this weekend. Lester , Wake and Lackey vs. the Yankees?  Folks , we are in serious trouble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

All that the Red Sox need to do is match the Rays to get to the postseason . . . and tonight they did just that.
    That's something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I say we can Franona now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

Wow.  They are truly moribund.  Can't rally against arguably the worst club in baseball.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : we as in who mikey/bronx??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you keep alluding to but this team is not good and it is the way it is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know. There is just something lacking in this team. We cannot beat anyone lately. Cannot have any confidence going into Yankee Stadium this weekend. Lester , Wake and Lackey vs. the Yankees?  Folks , we are in serious trouble.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Lackey got pushed back, they said today that Bedard would start at NYY. The Red Sox have not won consecutive games since the Hurricane Irene DH.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxhound33. Show soxhound33's posts

Everything with this team must be questioned.  Theo's inability to obtain/develop pitchers who can actually pitch.  Francona's overly passive, pat 'em on the bum, we'll go get 'em tomorrow approach when the late season pressure rises.  The organization's attempt to moderate playing time to get through the marathon season yet its inability to prevent large numbers of key players repeatedly being unable to play through season's end.  The physical conditioning of many players.  The organization's lack of drive to win the division.  There is no excuse for the failings we're seeing with this organization's resources.  AND WHY HAS CRAWFUL BEEN ALLOWED TO GO A WHOLE SEASON WITHOUT CLOSING HIS CRAPPY STANCE SO HE CAN ACTUALLY SQUARE THE BARREL ON THE BALL?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]funny how the sox have a much better record against the yankees this season then against teams with lower payrolls in their division like the rays and jays, and now the orioles
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid the record against the Yankees is not going to hold up this weekend. Right now , the Yankees look like a much better team than the Sox. Hurts to say it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

Other than the Exam calling Bard maybe not pitching the 8th, I think Francona did what most everybody was begging him to do.... close out the last three innings of a close game with Bard and Paps.  Once again, it just comes down to players not doing their jobs.  Can't have errors like Reddick's either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

at least beckett is pitching tomorrow, we desperately need a good start from anyone

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I think I'll stop watching and check the standings on the 28th. This BS is affecting my well being.