GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK:
    [QUOTE]I don't know. There is just something lacking in this team. We cannot beat anyone lately. Cannot have any confidence going into Yankee Stadium this weekend. Lester , Wake and Lackey vs. the Yankees?  Folks , we are in serious trouble.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Yup. Only thing in our favor is the schedule, though as you said we can't seem to beat anybody now. But the Rays have six more vs. NYY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Everything with this team must be questioned.  Theo's inability to obtain/develop pitchers who can actually pitch.  Francona's overly passive, pat 'em on the bum, we'll go get 'em tomorrow approach when the late season pressure rises.  The organization's attempt to moderate playing time to get through the marathon season yet its inability to prevent large numbers of key players repeatedly being unable to play through season's end.  The physical conditioning of many players.  The organization's lack of drive to win the division.  There is no excuse for the failings we're seeing with this organization's resources.  AND WHY HAS CRAWFUL BEEN ALLOWED TO GO A WHOLE SEASON WITHOUT CLOSING HIS CRAPPY STANCE SO HE CAN ACTUALLY SQUARE THE BARREL ON THE BALL?!
    Posted by soxhound33[/QUOTE]

I think that's a legitimate question. I wonder that too. Talk to Granderson to see possible results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

I don't understand this team was supposed to win 110 games and they might end up in 3rd place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I say we can Franona now!
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]
    I say, who is Franona?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Pitching has been failing for Sox all Spetember long.  Bad timing.  Bard alone has cost 5-6 games this season, 3 of them coming in the last coule of weeks.  I think he was over used this season, as was Aceves.

What did Theo see in Lackey, what a bad deal that is shaping up to be.  At least Drew will be out after this year, Lackey will be blocking a potentially better pitcher from the rotation for the next 3 years.

Hopefully Beckett, Lester and a healthy Bucholz will be strong contributors.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

THIS TEAM IS LIFELESS , IN OTHER WORDS ----D.O.A.

SORRY ITS TRUE .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Yup. Only thing in our favor is the schedule, though as you said we can't seem to beat anybody now. But the Rays have six more vs. NYY.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I still think this team will make the playoffs, but what a way to get in. Falling in backwards because NYY let you in. Wow. Better beat them in the ALCS or getting in will mean nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea u cant be confident going in to that series vs new york when we cant beat the orioles, but i just felt like pointing that out, seems weird to me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know. There is just something lacking in this team. We cannot beat anyone lately. Cannot have any confidence going into Yankee Stadium this weekend. Lester , Wake and Lackey vs. the Yankees?  Folks , we are in serious trouble.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

The Yankees will probably have clinched the division by this weekend, the games will be largely meaningless to them. The RS will mostly be playing their B team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dante58. Show dante58's posts

[QUOTE]wow that pitch to andino was served on a platter, MLB hitters shouldnt miss that and he didnt
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

yep, mlb hitters routinely clear the bases on a 97 mph fb on the outside corner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Lackey got pushed back, they said today that Bedard would start at NYY. The Red Sox have not won consecutive games since the Hurricane Irene DH.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Anybody but Lackey , but what can we expect from Bedard?  He lasted three innings at home against the O's in a critical game. That does not bode well for a Sunday game in Yankee Stadium , with a huge N.Y. crowd. Let's face it , we are in deep trouble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I still think this team will make the playoffs, but what a way to get in. Falling in backwards because NYY let you in. Wow. Better beat them in the ALCS or getting in will mean nothing.
    Yeah, that's the thing. If we do manage to back in, how long will we last.
    One hope is that this team has turned it on as often as it has turned it off. So let's just hope that, even if we do back in, they can shift gears and start playing ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I still think this team will make the playoffs, but what a way to get in. Falling in backwards because NYY let you in. Wow. Better beat them in the ALCS or getting in will mean nothing.

I don't even see us getting close to the ALCS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Yeah, that's the thing. If we do manage to back in, how long will we last. One hope is that this team has turned it on as often as it has turned it off. So let's just hope that, even if we do back in, they can shift gears and start playing ball.

Don't worry my friend. I promise my Yanks are going to send Maddon into hiding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxhound33. Show soxhound33's posts

This feels a lot like 2005.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Going into the Rays series, my thought was "need to split, but knowing this team, they'll just eek by and win one". Going into the O's series my thought was "need to take 3, but knowing this team, they'll eek by and split." Need to take 2 from NYY, will probably only get one--if that. Need to take three from O's, will probably get 2 if that. That adds up to a 5-5 record in the last 10. In order to make it in outright, the Rays have to be no better than 6-4. They are 0-1 right now, and the Sox are 1-2. The Sox must go 4-3 in their last 7 to make the playoffs IMO. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

HEAR'S A THOUGHT , IF THE RAYS GET IN , BEING DOWN BY 9 GAMES AS OF 9/2 2011 , THEY WILL BE THE ONLY TEAM THAT HAS COME BACK FROM THAT MANY GAMES SCINCE THE WORLD SERIES WAS STARTED IN 1904 .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]Everything with this team must be questioned.  Theo's inability to obtain/develop pitchers who can actually pitch.  Francona's overly passive, pat 'em on the bum, we'll go get 'em tomorrow approach when the late season pressure rises.  The organization's attempt to moderate playing time to get through the marathon season yet its inability to prevent large numbers of key players repeatedly being unable to play through season's end.  The physical conditioning of many players.  The organization's lack of drive to win the division.  There is no excuse for the failings we're seeing with this organization's resources.  AND WHY HAS CRAWFUL BEEN ALLOWED TO GO A WHOLE SEASON WITHOUT CLOSING HIS CRAPPY STANCE SO HE CAN ACTUALLY SQUARE THE
    BARREL ON THE BALL?!
    Posted by soxhound33[/QUOTE]

e are in trouble for a couple of more years with these pay before you perform players.Cry But they nmay be replaced with another bunch of multi million dollar losers. Should be big donations to the Jimmy fund when this team collects their final check!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Don't worry my friend. I promise my Yanks are going to send Maddon into hiding.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I'd tend to agree. I don't think the Rays will make it in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Slatamachia is a strikout machine. Stop switch hitting because you stink both ways. Another great bTheo pick up. We could have had Mike Napoli who is a right handed power hitter. Theo was in love with this Saltamachia. When is the last time you remeber Atlanta giving up a good prospect ? I cannot.

This team needs a blockbuster trade to shake things up and maybe pick up some pitching and some decent players.
    Theo should be fired for this fiasco going back to Renteria, Lugo, Drew, Lackey, Saltamachia, and Crawford. Forgot about Coco Crisp, Brad Penney, Rocco Baldelli, Saito, and Smoltz who everyone knew was finished but Theo. 
    The one that peeves me off the most is Teixeira who they tried to play hardball with.

n Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK:
    [QUOTE]Does Salt do anything other than strike out anymore?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Yup. Only thing in our favor is the schedule, though as you said we can't seem to beat anybody now. But the Rays have six more vs. NYY.

Rays and Yanks will split down the middle while Sox will make us think it is April.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i think it would be ironic if they get hot and sweep the yankees this weekend

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]                  HEAR'S A THOUGHT , IF THE RAYS GET IN , BEING DOWN BY 9 GAMES AS OF 9/2 2011 , THEY WILL BE THE ONLY TEAM THAT HAS COME BACK FROM THAT MANY GAMES SCINCE THE WORLD SERIES WAS STARTED IN 1904 .
    Posted by patafan[/QUOTE]

Another reason to think it probably won't happen pata. The Sox are just making it LOOK like it could happen any moment, and doing a bang up job of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I think that's a legitimate question. I wonder that too. Talk to Granderson to see possible results.

All the problems become magnified when you keep losing must win games. The real problem is the starting pitching. Young Mr. Nova shut out the Rays tonight. Do we have anyone who can do that?  Just look at the ERA's of our starters.  That is the overriding problem.

Sections
Shortcuts