GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK:
    [QUOTE]i think it would be ironic if they get hot and sweep the yankees this weekend
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

With this team? That's not outside the realm of possibility. They are very cyclical and extreme.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Another reason to think it probably won't happen pata. The Sox are just making it LOOK like it could happen any moment, and doing a bang up job of it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I agree exam. it's a mess now but i think they'll come out the other side.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I agree exam. it's a mess but i think they'll come out the other side.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

People keep acusing me of drinking when I post this (which I don't drink at all), but when they do come out the other side, they're liable to be very, very tough to beat. It's just the way these things work sometimes. We'll see. 8 days from now we'll know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : The Yankees will probably have clinched the division by this weekend, the games will be largely meaningless to them. The RS will mostly be playing their B team.
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]

Again, so will the Rays when they meet the Yanks again next week.  And the O's will keep sticking it to us because it's all they got.  The worst club taking out an exorbitantly paid bunch of losers! The shame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea its definitely possible, and we know they have the talent to do it, they just dont have the heart...i do think lester will win his game and maybe lackey or wakefield can get lucky and actually make it to the 5th or 6th inning and we can squeak out 2 of 3...i would be thrilled with that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : With this team? That's not outside the realm of possibility. They are very cyclical and extreme.
    "Cyclical and extreme" ... man, that really sums them up, doesn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : People keep acusing me of drinking when I post this (which I don't drink at all), but when they do come out the other side, they're liable to be very, very tough to beat. It's just the way these things work sometimes. We'll see. 8 days from now we'll know.

for whatever reason, they've been very streaky. more than usual team slumps. if they catch fire no one can beat them. if not...well. sorry for what pike said exam. good group here for the most part, you among them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]yea its definitely possible, and we know they have the talent to do it, they just dont have the heart...i do think lester will win his game and maybe lackey or wakefield can get lucky and actually make it to the 5th or 6th inning and we can squeak out 2 of 3...i would be thrilled with that
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Lester yes, I think so. Wake maybe, and Lackey is not pitching at NYY this weekend. He got pushed back to Baltimore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Don't worry my friend. I promise my Yanks are going to send Maddon into hiding.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Hope so, bro ... not in the habit of rooting for you guys!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well it is a shame, but the rays are not "the worst team", far from it, they are a good young team with alot of young talent, espescially pitching...they havent had the best year up until about 3 weeks ago, but it wasnt beyond belief that they could go on a run like this..the surprise is that the resox have had so much trouble withstanding it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : "Cyclical and extreme" ... man, that really sums them up, doesn't it?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yip, as in scoring 18 runs then losing the next night. Done it twice in the past week and a half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : for whatever reason, they've been very streaky. more than usual team slumps. if they catch fire no one can beat them. if not...well. sorry for what pike said exam. good group here for the most part, you among them
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks j. I do my share of venting and griping, but I still believe in this team. Well on that positive note, night all. Lick 'em tommorow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well hearing lackey isnt pitching in new york is the best news ive heard about the redsox all day by far

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Yip, as in scoring 18 runs then losing the next night. Done it twice in the past week and a half.
    I was telling a friend of mine this just today. (He's a NYY fan). He was mentioning how we lead MLB in run production, but I was telling him we have a lot of those swings when we score 16 in one game and 2 the next to average at nine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : you dont mikey/bronx?? sox lost two starters early on. if the nyy lost two starters do you think they would even get the WC??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

We cant make excuses when the NYY are starting Garcia and Colon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : People keep acusing me of drinking when I post this (which I don't drink at all), but when they do come out the other side, they're liable to be very, very tough to beat. It's just the way these things work sometimes. We'll see. 8 days from now we'll know.

We would all like to believe that , but I can see no evidence of it. The Sox are on the verge of an epic collapse. I see nothing that makes me think they are going to turn it around in the final week.  Cannot even feel good about Beckett winning tomorrow. I don't know what is wrong. They have too much talent to be playing like this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

This is a collapse whether they make the playoffs or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : for whatever reason, they've been very streaky. more than usual team slumps. if they catch fire no one can beat them. if not...well. sorry for what pike said exam. good group here for the most part, you among them
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

We are very beatable, not a good team

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

we most likely lead the league in games scoring 14+, but we may also lead the league in losing one run games scoring 1 or 2 runs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

hell id gladly take garcia and colon at this point, we have no starting pitching depth whatsoever, those two are much better then anything we throw out there besides beckett and lester

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I got an email from an nyy poster who posts here and asked what happened to you. i had no answer . do you??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No, I don't even know who you are.  I just know the Sox are not looking so good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : they'll be fine mikey. cant say the same for you. got a new screen name ready??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

My name is Jason and I don't know if we'll be fine unless you consider not making the playoffs as fine.  I don't, I'd like the Sox to make the playoffs but I don't see that happening and even if they surprise me and do this mediocre at best team won't advance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

How muh better do you think that its going to gEt better next year. The pitchers are a year older, they are all aging at the same time. Matsusaka is going to take the whole year off rehabbing for his next Boras contract. Lackey looks done to me. Bucholtz is the best hope but no one is on the horizon. This team has to take a look at Sabathia, they have to, there is no one else. Drew is gone thankfully, Youkillis is very injury prone, I know he is dirt dog and all. Papelbon is going to go and I am not sure if Bard is up for the job. Lot of questions on this team next year. The bullpen needs to be rebuilt, Theo did not think we needed Downs but picked up projects, Wheeler, Jenks, Albers, Morales. Do you feel cponfident with any of those guys. I don't.  
    Aceves was the only lightening he caught in a bottle this year in free agency.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I agree exam. it's a mess now but i think they'll come out the other side.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : yup i remember  jason from hoboken wasnt it??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Not me I live downtown Manhattan and I'd rather not give you my street and cross-street that is creepy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK :  take care mikey. take a good hard long look.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I am, at this team that worries me.