GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : You're kidding right? It's only the3rd inning. 4 runs will not beat the Red Sox tonight. 7 or 8 maybe, not 4.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]AGREEED, BEDARD REALLY DIDNT PITCH THAT BAD, MORE OPTIMISTIC THAN WITH LACKLESS, WEILAND OR WAKE GOING FORWARD

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Gonzo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

that didnt take long

GONE-ZO!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

4-3 gonzo goes yard!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Adrian with a blast!!! FINALLY!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

See? Told ya. This guy is a ragarm. 4 runs will not hold us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are hitting this bum hard. Even the outs have been drilled. We can definitely come back and win this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

new game (virtually)
    gonzo heating up fast
    bedard two shut out innings then gave up one earned run
    hasn't pitched in 3 weeks, he'll be fine, real good even next time and past that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Agone!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : AGREEED, BEDARD REALLY DIDNT PITCH THAT BAD, MORE OPTIMISTIC THAN WITH LACKLESS, WEILAND OR WAKE GOING FORWARD
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

CC, how come you always post in all caps? Just curious.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Nice to be playing a team that despises winning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Its just everynight and nothing to look forward too in the way of starting pitching. No offense people but nobody is beating Philladelphia with that starting pitching. Theo goofed and did not pick up pitching at the trade deadline. In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

i'd give bedard a pass tonight AL. he's got good stuff and just off the DL. he pitched two shut out innings and had to threw an extra 20 pitches, after reddicks error.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The Rays announcer just said that the Orioles/Sox series is a pitching optional series.  Not too much respect there for the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Its just everynight and nothing to look forward too in the way of starting pitching. No offense people but nobody is beating Philladelphia with that starting pitching. Theo goofed and did not pick up pitching at the trade deadline. In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I think we all need to keep our eye on the ball and once and if we get in Lester and Beckett matchup with any teams 1-2...but lets get there 1st...Go Sox! Go Yanks!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

ok Reddick, redemption time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The only solution that I can think of is put Aceves in the starting rotation and put Bucholtz in the bullpen when he gets back, I do not know what to do with Lackey, thats a mystery to me. I think with his wife being sick in the offseason he was not doing work or conditioning on his arm. It shows. He clearly did not do something in the offseason and it has carried over into the whole season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : BT try  http://www.soccertvlive.nt or myp2p.eu
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

BT try these internet links

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I think we all need to keep our eye on the ball and once and if we get in Lester and Beckett matchup with any teams 1-2...but lets get there 1st...Go Sox! Go Yanks!
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Sox could be very dangerous in a short series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Sloppy yes, but I'm willing to cut him a break. He hasn't pitched in a long time, was on a pitch count, and throwing that many pitches in one inning did him in. Spread those out over 2 or 3 and that's fine. But even a healthy pitcher is going to start losing it with that many pitches in one inning. Reddick is as much the bad guy as anyone there. That was little league, not big league.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

This is why I would have like to have seen Drew come back. I've seen Reddick make too many plays like this. Sometimes he gets away, but he's very sloppy going after balls at times. He catches the ball, Bedard's out of the inning with a decent pitch count still in tact.

One thing I've noticed during this streak is that when something like this happens, our pitchers -- especially Lackey, but Miller and Wake too -- can't regroup and bail out the fielders.

One mistake by the fielders and instead of getting the next guy to get out of trouble, the floodgates open. I've never seen anything like it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If Aceves starts, somebody has to go to long relief which will become a weakness once the Sox take him out of that role.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I just tuned in..... I thought Lackey pitched last night?
    Posted by mwTessie[/QUOTE]
    HA HA.. LACK SEEMS TO PITCH EVERY NITE EXCEPT WHEN BECKS GOES! BECKETT AND PRAY FOR RAIN!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

hoping that was a big inning, its not bad though. Sox need to keep tapping those runs for the win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

time for Atchison to put up a couple of zero's...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : u have lofty goals... 7 innings, complete game? ha. would settle for 5 innings and 4 runs given up. that would be good enough to give the offense a chance to win it on most nights
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I know right... I just find it sad that none of our guys can get on that kind of rhythm.  Everyone gets excited about 6 IP 2 ER, but to be honest, we dont have any aces this year.  Everyone pretty much relies on the bullpen to clean up tons of work, even on most good nights turned in by starters.  Not championship caliber, so the offense has to stay on a roll.