GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK:
    [QUOTE]Its just everynight and nothing to look forward too in the way of starting pitching. No offense people but nobody is beating Philladelphia with that starting pitching. Theo goofed and did not pick up pitching at the trade deadline. In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Agree about the Phillies starting pitching.  They have the best starting rotation in MLB and I would be surprised if they don't win the World Series this year.  I don't see any other team winning many games against them in the playoffs this year.  Although, anything can happen in the playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]If Aceves starts, somebody has to go to long relief which will become a weakness once the Sox take him out of that role.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]LETS WORRY ABOUT THAT WHEN WE GET THERE! I MEANTIME, START ACEVES!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : HA HA.. LACK SEEMS TO PITCH EVERY NITE EXCEPT WHEN BECKS GOES! BECKETT AND PRAY FOR RAIN!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Lester's pretty good....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We have Beckett and Lester , but in the playoffs , all of the teams have the the equivalent or even better. After that is where we come up short.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

ump suck again tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree JBAY, its just a little disheartening everytime I look for our starters to get into the 7th inning.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : i'd give bedard a pass tonight AL. he's got good stuff and just off the DL. he pitched two shut out innings and had to threw an extra 20 pitches, after reddicks error.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

.......nobody saw the giants beatin em last year (phillies).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Agree about the Phillies starting pitching.  They have the best starting rotation in MLB and I would be surprised if they don't win the World Series this year.  I don't see any other team winning many games against them in the playoffs this year.  Although, anything can happen in the playoffs. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Not many picked the Giants to win it last year either all they did was beat both the Phil's with Haladay and the Rangers with Lee...the Phil's are formidable, but they're not invincable...as the old saying goes that is why we play the games...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]The only solution that I can think of is put Aceves in the starting rotation and put Bucholtz in the bullpene when he gets back, I do not know what to do with Lackey, thats a mystery to me. I think with his wife being sick in the offseason he was not doing work or conditioning on his arm. It shows. He clearly did not do something in the offseason and it has carried over into the whole season.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] 
     So the reports of how in shape he was at ST were false? Maybe the guy is just done. The ALE is not a good place for a mediocre pitcher to spend his last days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]If Aceves starts, somebody has to go to long relief which will become a weakness once the Sox take him out of that role.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    I still say , starting pitching is more important. Better to have a weakness in long relief than in your starter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : This is why I would have like to have seen Drew come back. I've seen Reddick make too many plays like this. Sometimes he gets away, but he's very sloppy going after balls at times. He catches the ball, Bedard's out of the inning with a decent pitch count still in tact. One thing I've noticed during this streak is that when something like this happens, our pitchers -- especially Lackey, but Miller and Wake too -- can't regroup and bail out the fielders. One mistake by the fielders and instead of getting the next guy to get out of trouble, the floodgates open. I've never seen anything like it.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I was thinking yesterday about many times this year I've seen a Red Sox outfielder drop a ball when trying to pick it up to make a throw, drop a fly ball, drop or kick a ground ball when fielding it, and etc. And I'm talking about ALL of them, not just Reddick. Of all, I think Ellsbury has been the best at simply picking up the ball off the ground when it rolls to him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

thank god for the yankees

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]We have Beckett and Lester , but in the playoffs , all of the teams have the the equivalent or even better. After that is where we come up short.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

If beckett and lester win every start in the post season we win the world series...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : Not many picked the Giants to win it last year either all they did was beat both the Phil's with Haladay and the Rangers with Lee...the Phil's are formidable, but they're not invincable...as the old saying goes that is why we play the games...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

but everyone picked the sox this year.......bad omen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : If beckett and lester win every start in the post season we win the world series...

but they don't win everygame in the regular season, how are they going to win every game in the post season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : If beckett and lester win every start in the post season we win the world series...
    Yeah , but what are the chances of that ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

way to go atch!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]thank god for the yankees
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

I was leaning toward thanking the other side for them--it's all I can muster when forced to root for them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]time for Atchison to put up a couple of zero's...

THERE YOU GO HE PUT ONE ZERO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK : I was thinking yesterday about many times this year I've seen a Red Sox outfielder drop a ball when trying to pick it up to make a throw, drop a fly ball, drop or kick a ground ball when fielding it, and etc. And I'm talking about ALL of them, not just Reddick. Of all, I think Ellsbury has been the best and simply picking up the ball off the ground when it rolls to him!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Ellsbury has committed two errors.............. in his entire career!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I agree JBAY, its just a little disheartening everytime I look for our starters to get into the 7th inning. In Response to Re: GAME THREAD: BEDARD VS VANDENHURK :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

he wouldn't have gotten close to the 7th tonight AL, he was on an 80-85 pitch count.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

atch making a pitch for the post-season roster (if we go)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Bedard, 2.2 innings, 5 hits 2 BB's, 5 runs?
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]HOW MAny earned

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Scut is iron clad, Scut is a Wiseguy Heavy, Scut takes care of family business, Scut does what the Big Boss says.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts