game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6

Can't blame loss on Beckett's early departure.

God help us in upcoming series in Tampa. Their expensive gift to us, the Manchurian Candidate, went 0-4 today !!!

We could be only 4-5 games ahead of Rays & then will face Yankees for 3. It's going to be a crap shoot not a slam dunk for us to make playoffs even. Sorry for being the prophet of doom but this is how I see it !!!

Happy remaining Labor Day to all !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

In Response to Re: game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6:
    [QUOTE]I would not call pinch running for AGON with two outs the brighest of his moves today, would you ? In Response to Re: game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6 :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I agree on that.  Still, we shouldn't have even been in that position.  We get a game in which Beckett gets injured and our bullpen steps up and keeps runs off the board and our offense can't pick it up?  The Yanks were down early today and they come back and put up runs, granted it was the Orioles but still our offense should never have put us in that position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Toronto is a team that the Sox just can't afford to lose to - even on the road. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I hope Lawrie gets plunked next game for acting like that after the HR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from onemotime. Show onemotime's posts

I can not believe that Youk came up empty again. Who would believe that he would be hitting .260 on Sept. 5th?

Youk needs to heat up, and soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'll say this; if this team is not embarrassed by this performance, then they are not a championship caliber team.  This garbage of tipping your cap to the opponent is ridiculous.  Whatever happened to quality at bats?  This was absolutely pitiful, and that goes for the so called MVP candidates, Ellsbury , Pedroia and Gonzalez , as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If Beckett is watching - he will get plunked! lol  Just hope it will be this year and not next.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team is way too streaky and when they go bad they go bad, and no one carries them at all. THey needed Thursdays game with Miller pitching Friday, who is a crap shoot against good teams. They tanked Friday night, woke up Saturday, tanked again Sunday, and went into "Relax Mode" against Toronto. I think they are in trouble. The back end of the rotation is the underbelly too with Wakefield, Miller and Lackey. You have to win the games Lester and Becket pitch otherwise you waste their innings.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6 : I agree on that.  Still, we shouldn't have even been in that position.  We get a game in which Beckett gets injured and our bullpen steps up and keeps runs off the board and our offense can't pick it up?  The Yanks were down early today and they come back and put up runs, granted it was the Orioles but still our offense should never have put us in that position.
    Posted by Cain-Reaction[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Lawrie gets plunked next game for acting like that after the HR.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    Can't blame him. Just a kid thrilled with the situation. It hurts , but he does not deserve to get hit over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree he was just celebrating. Its the Red Sox fault for getting intpo a position to lose to a weak team like Toronto.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6 : Can't blame him. Just a kid thrilled with the situation. It hurts , but he does not deserve to get hit over it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Classy all the way; how about when the RS hits a walk off? In his case, he's a rookie, and it's a good bet has never done something like this before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

No matter who they are playng their chances of win or lose is 50:50, any team! Thats not a promising look. I have been yapping for a while now that our offense sucks. I will not be surprised if they can not mak the playoffs. They have to treat every game like do or die. Otherwise they are done for the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Grow up.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_09_05_bosmlb_tormlb_1&highlight_content_id=18870825&c_id=tor

It was just an exuberant response from a 21-year-old rookie in front of the hometown fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game thread, Boston @ Toronto, Sept 6 : Grow up. http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_09_05_bosmlb_tormlb_1&highlight_content_id=18870825&c_id=tor It was just an exuberant response from a 21-year-old rookie in front of the hometown fans.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I think he is just frustrated by the Sox poor play.  That being said, the kid didn't do anything wrong he hit a game winning HR in the Jays home ballpark, no reason to plunk the kid....actually the Sox seem to have a reputation for that and I'd like them to distance themselves from it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

What are you, twelve?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from onemotime. Show onemotime's posts

[QUOTE]

Grow up.  It was just an exuberant response from a 21-year-old rookie in front of the hometown fans.

Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Much agreed.

Easy to forgive an in the moment 21 yr. old rookie enjoying an extra inning 1-0 walk off homerun, but after all the many, many years of pain and frustration that the Red Sox went through before finally winning a World Series in 2004, whenever I hear a Red sox fan say anything akin to "act like you've been there before" I always ask them how they felt about a certain dance routine in 2007.

I briefly considered a ban on following baseball after that World Series in 2007. As a long time student of the game, if the celebratory dance (by the name I care not to say since) was the new standard, I figured that the grand old game was lost (still feel that way every time I watch Pedroia swing from his heels on a 2 strike pitch when what they need most is a baserunner).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if Terry is going to give anybody the day off tomorrow ? They deserve it after this debacle today.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

LOL "AL34", and yet your right on.  More than likely Francona will be giving somebody the day off tomorrow.  Francona has got to have his reg's fresh and rested for the PS if the Sox even make it that far.  Wonder if Francona has ever thought of giving himself the day off, or still better maybe a week of so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Great job by Pap.  Now , here is the question:  If we do ever manage to score , who is going to close?  Morales?  Albers? Wheeler? 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

How about Francona's "super sub" Aviles.......or maybe McDonald.  Wakefield?  Get Jenks back early Theo/Francona and take yet another chance that Jenks can turn it around.  Let's see, for starters now that Beckett is out, we have Lester, then Lackey, then Miller, then................

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Looking at the game replay.

I am surprised by the movement on Bard's slider.  If this is what he normally gets,  he is better than advertised.  He had a good six inch lateral movement on a couple of pitches (at least).

I am also surprised by pinch running for Gonzalez.  Only because there where two out.