Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker

Where is the heart? I don't mind losing. I don't like it, but I don't mind it either. I just can't stand losing the way the Red Sox seem to lately. It seems to me the fans are wasting their money to see a very underperforming team. WHat can we do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow Pedey is becoming a bit of a let down - never thought I'd say that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

Does anyone know if that shortstop that was screwing the wife of Foulke in 2004 is still available? Now what was his name? Wasn't he one of the three shortstops that Theo let get away? Another was Renteria who was shellshocked at being in the Boston fishbowl? It must be the fault of the FO for sure that Renteria couldn't handle center stage.. Does anyone else surmise that Andrewmitch is a troll? Why do you people bother with him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Walk Gonzalez to get to Youk, Andrew?  I don't think so, but you never know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Crazier things have happened we can still score 7 in 2 innings just ask the rays in the 2008 playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know if that shortstop that was screwing the wife of Foulke in 2004 is still available? Now what was his name? Wasn't he one of the three shortstops that Theo let get away? Another was Renteria who was shellshocked at being in the Boston fishbowl? It must be the fault of the FO for sure that Renteria couldn't handle center stage.. Does anyone else surmise that Andrewmitch is a troll? Why do you people bother with him?
    Posted by sunslav[/QUOTE]

You are melting down aren't you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

there is not much we can do

we are probably down to our last week before we need to change course

ie if we lose the next 6 of 8 then something drastic should be considered

cut bait w/ underperforming vets in their last year of contracts (ie Wake, Drew)

bring up some kids

fire francona

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]Crazier things have happened we can still score 7 in 2 innings just ask the rays in the 2008 playoffs
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

It could happen!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : You are melting down aren't you?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I saw the reply.....I have that bozo blocked....But.....

1) a lot of teams still signed OC regardless and he helped a lot of teams

2)  other SS was Alex Gonzalez - twice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

AM, we wont go on a long streak...this is our MO,  we will play lousy for 4 games, then lights out for 5...no consistency, no fluidity, not with the coach and his crazy lineup nonsense each day....is it asking too much for our starters to start when scheduled to pitch and that we dont platoon automatically l-r matchups? we can NEVER get into a groove with this gyspy squad

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's get 4 back here boys

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joel - not an IBB, just pitch more carefully...different pitch selection.....if you walk him you walk him....Gonzo is hitting much better than Youk so not sure why that would surprise you

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Wow seems that some of you mightve forgot but let me point something out to you
    If we lose this game we are 12-8 for out last 20 i wouldnt necessarily call that bad....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the hot streak was due to our starters which was unsustainable

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : I saw the reply.....I have that bozo blocked....But..... 1) a lot of teams still signed OC regardless and he helped a lot of teams 2)  other SS was Alex Gonzalez - twice
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I liked OC, he did a great job for us.  Call it luck of whatever but we got 2 picks for him and used them to take Ellsbury & Lowrie. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]AM, we wont go on a long streak...this is our MO,  we will play lousy for 4 games, then lights out for 5...no consistency, no fluidity, not with the coach and his crazy lineup nonsense each day....is it asking too much for our starters to start when scheduled to pitch and that we dont platoon automatically l-r matchups? we can NEVER get into a groove with this gyspy squad
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Uhm we've been using the same line ups for quite a bit if you havent noticed the only thing thats changing is the platoon players and i bet if we didnt platoon and the player did bad u would still yell at tito. Oh and your telling me after dicek pitched 20+ pitches yesterday you would pitch him again the next day? what about beckett after he was having arm troubles you would pitch him on his scheduled game? Well i wouldn't and if you would then thats ur stupidity. Stop criticising about stuff you don't know about

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The fur is flying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : I saw the reply.....I have that bozo blocked....But..... 1) a lot of teams still signed OC regardless and he helped a lot of teams 2)  other SS was Alex Gonzalez - twice

Letting Gonzalez go the second time around was the move that had me scratching my head.  If I recall, the Sox had a team option for six mil and made him no offer.  Toronto ended up signing him for three mil, I believe.  I assume the Sox could have had him for that amount. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

You know pedeys in a slump when i have to ask myself whether or not i should play him tmrw :(

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lowrie's had a rough night, but I don't have a problem with him at SS. I'm not sure why there's such a focus on that in this thread tonight. He almost never plays like this, and there are about a half dozen other slow moving blimps on this team presenting their broadsides for targets. A guy that made an error while hitting 340 can wait his turn.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joel - I believe the option was for even less than that - maybe 5

They only needed Scut for a year so it would have been a better way to go plus Alex hit like 20 bombs last year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Aceves - 3.2 IP, 1 ER.  At least something good has happened in this game (so far).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, but he's hit in the leg with the ball. Prob'ly turn up on the DL tommorow morning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Joel - I believe the option was for even less than that - maybe 5 They only needed Scut for a year so it would have been a better way to go plus Alex hit like 20 bombs last year
    yeah but we ended up needing a lead off guy last year so scut ended up being the perfect guy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

The weird thing about letting Gonzalez go was that he had been showing more pop and a better than usual BA for the Sox.  Toronto sure benefitted from having him.