Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker

This game is going exactly as I thought it would. Wakefield is doing exactly what I thought he would. Just like I said Wed. night that if they lost that debacle they'd lose the next day. I don't claim any gifts of clairvoyance. It's just years of following baseball combined with the fact that this team is so predictable (in a lame, halting, drooling sort of way) right now that there's almost no use in turning the game on. You know what's gonna happen, so why bother? I'll tell you how ridiculous it is. When the Twins had the bases loaded and two out I literally sat here and said "this guy is gonna ground a two run single into right field", and on the next pitch......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Please tell me that this is Wakefield's last year with this team. Did they really expect to catch lighting in a bottle twice this week. He is awful and time has passes on him. Everybody that was expecting to sweep the "Stone Cold" Twins, well we just gave them a transfusion and a new life.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Put your predictions here in the thread before they happen :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes this should finally be his last year with the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

with every mistake we make now, our season begins to literally fade away ....that's what happens when you dig a huge hole for yourself.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hmmmm, I'm afraid to put my predictions in the thread for fear they'll all go wrong. How about this? The Twins are gonna sweep the Sox this weekend. Does that kind of thing work? Hopefully it will......:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

When its going bad its going bad. I cannot believe that they are just going to watch this team play like this and not fire the manager. Its like this team has no life to it and the manager is not helping it by being their buddy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a classic sign of a poorly coached, underachieveing team is to play to the level of their competition - particularly in regard to lesser teams...meet your 2011 Red Sox...same as the 2010 Red Sox...same as the 2009 playoff Red Sox squad tahty was swept in alds

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who was Wake filling in for and why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

I love Irish blue-eyed blondes.  I love you Yoshima- will you marry me?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker:
    [QUOTE]When its going bad its going bad. I cannot believe that they are just going to watch this team play like this and not fire the manager. Its like this team has no life to it and the manager is not helping it by being their buddy.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it may.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Examiner - Are you sure you're a Sox fan?  Either way, it's more fun to do your predictions here, right or wrong

Wake is on b/c Dice K had to pitch in relief Wed Night/Extra inning game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]I love Irish blue-eyed blondes.  I love you Yoshima- will you marry me?
    Posted by sunslav[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm not a blonde.  I'm a redhead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

The infield is killing us tonight.  Wake deserved a better shake.  Aceves' stuff looks pretty good, though.

Andrew, I beg to differ on the Ells attempted steal, at least as far as your reasoning goes.  You really can't say in hindsight that Ells would have scored ahead of Gonzalez because you cannot say with certainty that Baker would have thrown the same pitch had Ells been on.  Also, he'd have been pitching from the stretch rather than the wind up. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Who was Wake filling in for and why?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Dicek because he pitched in relief on thursday

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I see Crawfoed is getting back to his old stuff. The Saltalamachia experiment was a disaster as well. Great move Theo under low budget high upside guy who the Braves over publisized the guy so some team would take a flyer on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks andrew and zack, I've been only catching bits and pieces for the last week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Wow. This $170,000,000 team is terrible. But no one at all is to blame. Manager is not to blame. Hitting coach, pitching coach not to blame. Players, all not to blame.

We will win tomorrow and then every game after win we do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

they could be 10 games under 500 by Memorial Day weekend

and next weekend in the Bronx could be a disaster of epic proportions unless they wake up

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Examiner - Are you sure you're a Sox fan?  Either way, it's more fun to do your predictions here, right or wrong Wake is on b/c Dice K had to pitch in relief Wed Night/Extra inning game
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately I'm sitting here bleeding with the rest of you. Whatayado? I've kept telling myself "this team cannot be this bad", but? I think their true identity is what we saw against LA. Two good wins where you have one or two questions, one game they should have won but didn't, and one game where they look horrible. Isn't that pretty much it? :-(

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hi Joel - If Baker was pitching from the stretch it would have been easier for Gonzo to get a better pitch....either way, they were down 3.....I am not saying no way don't run since it was early in the game but.....you need to get a better jump than that....if you aren't getting a good read then do not risk it.....it was  bad risk taking everything into account

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Not to Worry it's just a streak of Bad Luck facing all these "RED HOT" Teams !! I don't know who makes these schedules up but that's the guy that's killing this team !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I don't think they can go through the season with this team playing this way. Someone is going to be thrown under the bus.  NESN ratings will go down and that is not going to help either. People are going to turn their sets off and they lose advertising with lower ratings.

n Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : I don't know. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it may.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

And I love Eck's new word... Normally !! LOL Normally, he gets to that ball. There has been nothing near Normally about this team all Season. As Far as Francona getting tossed again for arguing yet another balk Call, I say it could be a good thing for this team and Hopefully he gets about a two week suspension so this team gets a chance to get to .500.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : Yeah, unfortunately I'm sitting here bleeding with the rest of you. Whatayado? I've kept telling myself "this team cannot be this bad", but? I think their true identity is what we saw against LA. Two good wins where you have one or two questions, one game they should have won but didn't, and one game where they look horrible. Isn't that pretty much it? :-(
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

will we ever see 500 again,our 456 pitchers lackey-dicek and wake are brutal.