Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker

This team has dug themselves such a huge hole and so many things have gone wrong that everyone on the roster has to play flawless ball. 

I am not even talking about batting 300.....I am talking about no more mental or physical errors and just heads up ball......a very reasonable request given they are ML'ers and all multi millionaires.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : yeah but we ended up needing a lead off guy last year so scut ended up being the perfect guy
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]
    True dat, Zack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]The weird thing about letting Gonzalez go was that he had been showing more pop and a better than usual BA for the Sox.  Toronto sure benefitted from having him.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Jays moved him though.  He's been living out of a suitcase like O-Cab.  It is a little strange because they both seem to play decently wherever they go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

This is what is killing this team... not getting runners on 3rd home with less then 2 outs !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The best thing about this game is that it willl be over by 10pm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Good news is Crawford and Salty are hitting .200 finally

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Just thanking god i didn't throw down $180 on mlb extra innings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

But going into the season they had Jake so trying to find a lead off guy should not have been part of the equation

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

when he fouled that ball he kinda smiled then noticed it was foul and put his serious face back on

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

he is striking out at an alarming rate this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What the heck is wrong with Pedrioa? He's aweful lately. It's all coming apart!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]he is striking out at an alarming rate this year
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Its not his fault its Franconas remember? haha jk

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

And now finally Pedroia swings at a pitch 3 feet off the plate !! You would think with the New jumbo High Definition Screen in Center they would see how bad they look and get a little embarased. I guess the checks still clear and perhaps that's all that really matters in the end anyway !! Good Night All I am heading to Disney World !! LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pedey needs to take a good look at the video of his at bats. He has picked up some terrible habits at the plate. He seems to be bailing out and just lunging off balance at the pitch. He absolutely has no chance with the outside pitch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]And now finally Pedroia swings at a pitch 3 feet off the plate !! You would think with the New jumbo High Definition Screen in Center they would see how bad they look and get a little embarased. I guess the checks still clear and perhaps that's all that really matters in the end anyway !! Good Night All I am heading to Disney World !! LOL
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]
    Can you really say that about pedey? that hes in it for the paycheck? Baseballs this guys life and the paycheck he is getting is nothing compared to some peoples so why would you perceive pedey as a guy whose in it for the money. If you really truely believe that then you are not watching the same Pedey i have watched.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's just like they say. When you're in a slump, you can't get three hits in one at bat. I think you can extend that to a larger scale and say it about this team. You can't win three games in one game. It's almost like that's what they're trying to do. Everyone is pressing, and it's almost like they panic when the other team scores a couple runs in the first or second inning. "Here we go again" and etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Thus far, nobody is running away with the division.  As badly as we've played, we are still in the thick of it.  Hard to believe, but true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Pedey needs to take a good look at the video of his at bats. He has picked up some terrible habits at the plate. He seems to be bailing out and just lunging off balance at the pitch. He absolutely has no chance with the outside pitch.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Agreed... he looks like he is so desparate to make contact that he is swinging at really bad pitches... i think he has stuck out 6 times in his last 9 at bat... the whole teams seems to be striking out at an alarming rate... am I wrong about this?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Thus far, nobody is running away with the division.  As badly as we've played, we are still in the thick of it.  Hard to believe, but true.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

That's the really sad part though. Look how many weaknesess the Yankees and Rays have! Neither one is really all that good. How far would the Sox be ahead if they'd just played NORMAL baseball? But like you said, no one is going to run away with the East. May ironically end up being one of the weaker divisions this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That's why they need to take a step back and just focus on playing clean ball and the hits will come.

Otherwise, they are going to put themselves in a situation when they will have to press

Or, they will be out of the race and then start playing well

But the bottom line is to play SMART CLEAN ball otherwise it will be over in about another week

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

One last thought before heading out... The last two time the Sox failed to make it to the post season they had a losing record against the Central Division, and nobody has made it to the playoffs from the AL with a losing record against the central in at least 10 seasons (Supposedly the worse division in the AL) with this loss tonight we are now 0-4 so far this year !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't know if the stats will bear it out but it seems to me that the Sox are striking out at a near record pace. They must be leading the league in this dubious category.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Friday Night vs Twins - Wakefield vs Baker : Agreed... he looks like he is so desparate to make contact that he is swinging at really bad pitches... i think he has stuck out 6 times in his last 9 at bat... the whole teams seems to be striking out at an alarming rate... am I wrong about this?
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

This is another disturbing thing. The team is not being themselves, not playing NORMAL Red Sox baseball. Who's to blame for this, and what do you do? The very character and nature of the team is changing before our eyes. Gotta get back man, gotta get back!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They don't protect the dish w/ 2.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Weirdest thing just happened...someone just beat on my front door and when I went to answer it...nobody was there.