Game Thread Friday Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Game Thread Friday Night

In Response to Re: Game Thread Friday Night:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Friday Night : This a good team they're beating on the West Coast.  Portends well for the future, although I'm concerned about the wear and tear it could be taking on the bullpen. Paps looking like ol' Paps though.   
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]
    He does.  I was freaking out that Salty kept putting down old no. one.  I was afraid Pap would leave one down the middle of the plate, but he was painting.  Great stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Friday Night : He does.  I was freaking out that Salty kept putting down old no. one.  I was afraid Pap would leave one down the middle of the plate, but he was painting.  Great stuff.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

No one is probably more relieved than Salty.  He and Crawford could use a week of vipassana meditation. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

When I saw the last hitter - Kendrick - I immediately thought of that drawn-out battle between him and Paps last night.
    I figured Kendrick might have the edge this time.

Man, it looked like that final at bat last night did Howie in! He was completely over-matched.

Paps looks to really have it coming together this year.
    It might make the brass re-think their stance on losing him to draft picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Friday Night : You are a good fan, but I don't know if pulling an all-nighter to watch a baseball game qualifies as reasonable.  It is Saturday morning there and not a weeknight, so I guess I'll cut you some slack, London.
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

Thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaycoach. Show jaycoach's posts

[QUOTE]You guys should download firefox and use that to go to the internet.  Internet Explorer offers no reply button.  Firefox does.  Its weird.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

run IE in the compatibility mode.  That fixes it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

This is what was expected of this rotation.  They will keep Sox in every game.  Considering they are not fully there yet, and still beating the best team in the West (they'll get Texas next time), that's pretty good.

Plenty of room for improvement, in the order of priority:
    1.  Middle relief - Jenks and Oki are coughing up runs faster than anyone out there
    2.  Catching - Don't know how long Salty is going to be with this team at this rate
    3.  Hitting - still way below their talent level
    4.  SP - DiceK needs to get more consistently good, Lacky & Buck need to get better so they won't labor through their starts, although they have been turning quality starts, Lester has just a bit to improve although he is getting there too, Beckett is there pitching like an ace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I srayed up for the end but did not have the strength to post anything.  Paps looked great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]I srayed up for the end but did not have the strength to post anything.  Paps looked great.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    Way to hang in there, Jim.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Friday Night : Way to hang in there, Jim.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

6 games over 500 on June 1st, Joel.  EIGHT without any rainouts....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

This is starting to look like the rotation everyone thought we had last year. Remember? The run prevention Red Sox? The D might be as good as last year's also.

Sections
Shortcuts