Game Thread Mariners at Red Sox Vargas vs. Matsuzaka

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Game Thread Mariners at Red Sox Vargas vs. Matsuzaka

Rauch gets them 1-2-3. Jays 5, Yankees 3!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees Lost and we lost a chance to pick up a game here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yanks lose, TB loses - no harm, no foul.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Mariners at Red Sox Vargas vs. Matsuzaka:
    [QUOTE]I thought that they snapped out of it against the Angels and then they stink it up against Baltimore and Seattle. COME ON GUYS, gut check here, where are all the home runs and the wall balls by Gonzalez. How many hoem runs does he have 2 ? Someone beide Pedroia has got to carry this team , because they are stinking it up now !!!
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

No, it's worse than that. He has only one. It was at Cleveland, he threw his bat at the ball, got out in front and hit it out with one arm. That's been it. But he's hit pretty well overall, I don't have as big a problem with him right now. Too many other targets. Yanks LOSE, and somehow it doesn't seem to matter. Sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

When you go with this right handed lineup you get Varitek's bat, as well as Darnell McDonald, and Mike Cameron (although he had a good night) but it takes away a lot of the offense and excitement here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

they had a chance to tack on a run via a Sac Bunt in mid innings and refused to......lots of chances they had......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that they snapped out of it against the Angels and then they stink it up against Baltimore and Seattle. COME ON GUYS, gut check here, where are all the home runs and the wall balls by Gonzalez. How many hoem runs does he have 2 ? Someone beide Pedroia has got to carry this team , because they are stinking it up now !!!
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Truth be told, Pedey is not exactly tearing it up either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

this team is seriously pathetic. dropping 2 of 3 to baltimore and now dropping the first game to the mariners. Enough with sitting crawford against lefties. Darnell mcdonald is absolutely terrible. He should not be in the majors. Call up reddick, send down mcdonald. Not only did darnel suck with his bat tonight he made an error in the field that potentially cost us the game. This team is going nowhere unless they make some changes. get rid of mcdonald and call up reddick, if salty is your guy then play him more, make up your mind theo, keep crawford in the line  do not sit him against lefties, start looking at dealing for a right fielder and try to deal drew(i have never seen a guy who strikes out looking as much as he does). Changes need to be made before its too late. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agarbari. Show agarbari's posts

Correct and well said. This team never bunts and when runs are difficult with this power pact lineup they had in their tonight you need to do the little things to score runs. That is where Terry Francona does not manage well.

[QUOTE]they had a chance to tack on a run via a Sac Bunt in mid innings and refused to......lots of chances they had......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]they had a chance to tack on a run via a Sac Bunt in mid innings and refused to......lots of chances they had......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Seattle had its chances, too, stranding nine baserunners (to Boston's four) after seven hits, eight walks and two Red Sox errors.

For what it's worth, the Mariners moved percentage points ahead of the Red Sox in the Wild Card standings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Mariners at Red Sox Vargas vs. Matsuzaka : Seattle had its chances, too, stranding nine baserunners (to Boston's four) after seven hits, eight walks and two Red Sox errors. For what it's worth, the Mariners moved percentage points ahead of the Red Sox in the Wild Card standings.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

It ain't worth a hill of beans...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Mariners at Red Sox Vargas vs. Matsuzaka : It ain't worth a hill of beans...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Perfect response, down to the micro-cadence. 

P.S. If you want to know why I changed my avatar again; see the dialogue between Kim & Me yesterday; it bothered her, because it was deceiving, and she asked me to change it. I may revert to a neutral avatar if desirable next.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Mariners at Red Sox Vargas vs. Matsuzaka : Perfect response, down to the micro-cadence.  P.S. If you want to know why I changed my avatar again; see the dialogue between Kim & Me yesterday; it bothered her, because it was deceiving, and she asked me to change it. I may revert to a neutral avatar if desirable next.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I got as far as "LONG LIVE PIKE".
    Then I threw up.
    Then I had to change my wares.