Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

As I posted yesterday, the only guy that can stop Josh Reddick is Toto Francona. A guy hitting .150 and an average defender at best replaces a guy hitting .400 and a plus defender.  You go with the better player. In this case JR. This was just "T's" move against his old pitching coach who dared him to take out Reddick. He did and got schooled again.Reddick figured to get up twice more counting the time he got pinch hit for. Who would you rather see up twice Darnell McDonald or Josh Reddick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox : I believe he actually hit 94-95 on a couple of pitches today, but he threw too many pitches that caught too much plate.
    Posted by joel49
    my bad then. heard he's ben having a velocity issue, so its just a location and perhaps not commanding his other pitches? doesnt lack remind you of dice a bit? same issues, same frustrations? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

eggplants, that's very racist of you...if Reddick were black and Darnell was white, you'd be saying hit for Reddick!!!! at all costs...Once again, someone trying to keep down the black man. Sounds to me like Tito is being a racially diverse manager..a bad one too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

And to reiterate, I was calling for the hook much earlier.
    Posted by joel49
    joel, you always are. thats just not the tito way. the guy has to take his last bullet before he pulls him. if he's still crwling after a headshot, tito keeps him out there. stevie wonder has to be able to first see it for tito. is what he is!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

That's a break. Come on Pedey. We need base runners...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Lackey is better than this, he improves July, August, and September. This is what I told myself in April, May, and June. I am now starting to wonder if pitching at Fenway is just not right for him.

DMac and Drew are contributing negatively to the overall production of the team. Again and again bad news seems to follow them every game, they can't shake it.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

like Cameron last year. I mean it was painfully obvious that (2011 All-Star) Jacoby Ellsbury needed to move from CF to LF to accomodate a 38-year-old fossil. But Tito being racially diverse decided to go with that move. I applaud him to go with the stereotype of black guy plays a better CF than a white guy. It just didn't work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

As I posted yesterday, the only guy that can stop Josh Reddick is Toto Francona. A guy hitting .150 and an average defender at best replaces a guy hitting .400 and a plus defender.  You go with the better player. In this case JR. This was just "T's" move against his old pitching coach who dared him to take out Reddick. He did and got schooled again.Reddick figured to get up twice more counting the time he got pinch hit for. Who would you rather see up twice Darnell McDonald or Josh Reddick?
    Posted by eggplants

As long as we're using small samples, check this out:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=533&stn=true&sid=t533

and:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bos#playerType=ALL&sectionType=sp&statType=hitting&page_type=SortablePlayer&season=2010&season_type=ANY&sportCode='mlb'&league_code='MLB'&split=&team_id=111&active_sw=&game_type='R'&position=&sortOrder='desc'&sortColumn=avg&results=&page=1&perPage=50&timeframe=&extended=0&last_x_days=&ts=1309810456401&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox : joel, you always are. thats just not the tito way. the guy has to take his last bullet before he pulls him. if he's still crwling after a headshot, tito keeps him out there. stevie wonder has to be able to first see it for tito. is what he is!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

C-C, my post was in response to dannycater who implied that I was okay with leaving Lackey in there until it was 7-0.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by eggplants
    tito is doing to reddy what dean smith once did to michael jordan. the only one that can stop reddick right now is tito! if mac is gone, how many brothas will the sox have? how many latinos not named aceves or gonzo? hmmmmmmmm! do we want to win or have a team jesse jackson can be proud of?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedey! 1st and 2nd...now a 3-run homer gives the Sox a 7-5 lead...i mean we still trail.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

eggplants, that's very racist of you...if Reddick were black and Darnell was white, you'd be saying hit for Reddick!!!! at all costs...Once again, someone trying to keep down the black man. Sounds to me like Tito is being a racially diverse manager..a bad one too.
    Posted by dannycater
    tito's trying too hard to raise up the black man...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

somehow we are still in this game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on Adrian. Drive one to left....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

guys tito is huge on lefty vs righty. i hate it but thats him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ouch, that hurt...3-6-3

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

And another DP.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

when do we trade gonzo? his one obvious flaw.. he LEADS the majors in grunding into DPs with 22 and counting! how do we rectify that? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

by putting jet-pack on Gonzo's back

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

don't get why they don't do some running with jake & pedey on base ahead of gonzo

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Now that Berry is out of last place in triples, call the Dodgers and ask about Kemp.
    Posted by billbyboy

we will want more than kemp for our allstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Regarding Adrian's DP fetish, I just can't believe that a professional athlete in the prime of his career can be that slow. There are NFL lineman carrying an additional 150 pounds that move faster down the line....and they're being blocked!! Granted, some of his DP's are hard hit balls directly at someone. That was not one of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

when do we trade gonzo? his one obvious flaw.. he LEADS the majors in grunding into DPs with 22 and counting! how do we rectify that? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

To be precise, Adrian Gonzalez has grounded into 20 double plays this season ... I don't think today's first-inning strike 'im out/throw 'im out double play counts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Lackey should go on a long DL.  He must be pitching hurt all season long.

Sections
Shortcuts