Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

I guess Lackey just never will produce in a Red Sox uniform. I've tried to stick with him, but this is ridiculous. When he pitched for LA he always used to gripe about how much he hated pitching at Fenway. The record supported him, and some things never change. When's the last time Lackey really had a shut down game at Fenway? I don't remember either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah right Francona tries to win every game.  Shameful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this is mind blowingly bad. this guy is worthless. i cannot believe he is in the mlb. Wheres Byung yun kim or watever his name is?

heck nolan ryan today could do better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

About three batters too late, Terry.  What else can I do for entertainment now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ouch.  I going back outside.  So much for the 5 run rule.  You don't let any pitcher give up 7 runs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]He's not an All-Star, he's a bench throw in ahead of a long list of more deserving and much higher OPS outfielders. Lackey wants to win so badly that he won't accept payment for anything but quality work. Not!
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

You are so obviously softlaw. The time to block you is rapidly approaching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

$82 1/2 million for throwing batting practice every 5 days is enough to make anyone love to pitch ANYWHERE

I'd pitch at the South Pole in my bathing suit for that dough and never complain!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Lackey on the 4th of July???? Terrible choice

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]He's not an All-Star, he's a bench throw in ahead of a long list of more deserving and much higher OPS outfielders. Lackey wants to win so badly that he won't accept payment for anything but quality work. Not!
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Huh????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

this is an all-time joke...the game is over...once again, another double standard for Tito. If he would manage Lackey like he manages Wakefield, he would have yanked him when it was 4-0...It was clear as day he has nothing, line drive hits, line drive hits...waits till its 5-0 to get Wheeler up, then after the line drive to center, he just leaves John in for another hitter, who hammered the first pitch just foul for a HR...pathetic managing, and typical of Tito..sick of this stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How many more years does this slug have on his contract?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When Bucholtz comes back, Theo and Company need to think long and hard about perpetuating the John Lackey experiment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gammons said during the pre game the elbow is still "an issue" but Lackey thinks he will be able to work thru it and get thru the season. apparently he can't and the sox better address it now

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Hard to Imagine anybody booing Lackey when clearly he just can't pitch against Toronto and the manager keeps running him out there and then don't do anything until he gives up his usual 7 runs !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If you are willing to let your starter give up 7 runs in 4 innings then why bother to pull him at all?  The game is over.  Save your pen.  Make Lackey earn some of his money.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]I guess Lackey just never will produce in a Red Sox uniform. I've tried to stick with him, but this is ridiculous. When he pitched for LA he always used to gripe about how much he hated pitching at Fenway. The record supported him, and some things never change. When's the last time Lackey really had a shut down game at Fenway? I don't remember either.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201104300.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201009220.shtml

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

as a big supporter of Theo, u messed up man. u went away from your philosophy of not signing guys over 30 to huge deals and the team will pay for it.

lackey should refund everyones game tickets price for today with his contract he does not deserve. On top of that, he should buy free drinks and dinner for everyone there for ruining their 4th celebrations with that display of baseball.

I saw more heart and athleticism in joey chestnut the hot dog eater than lackey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Why pull him now? Given the offensive struggles lately, this game's essentially over now that you've let him give up a touchdown (plus the PAT). Make him go the distance and save the pen. If he gives up twenty runs, so be it. Maybe embarrassing him to historical levels is what he needs to start earning his money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Lackey was coming off three straight good performances after his DL stint, giving us a glint of hope that maybe he was turning the corner.  He should never be allowed to start against the Jays again (or possibly any AL East team).  Another trip to the DL maybe? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

andymitch, exactly how i felt...if you are "white-flagging" the game to make it 7-0, then why not just leave him in to get abused like he did Matt Albers v. Cubs...sick of the double standard managing this guy does with his pitchers....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

are we all in favor of never wanting to see him in a red sox uniform again

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey was coming off three straight good performances after his DL stint, giving us a glint of hope that maybe he was turning the corner.  He should never be allowed to start against the Jays again (or possibly any AL East team).  Another trip to the DL maybe? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

after listening to gammons pre game, i believe lackey did and still has an elbow issue. said lackey thinks he can get thru the season, but maybe not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

really, 1 million Sox fans watching at Fenway, on cable, on MLB channel, on NESN, or following on gamecast....100 percent of them could have figured out when it was 4-0, Lackey was clearly toast...nope, not Tito

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If you are aligning your staff, this is not the way to do it...