Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox:
    Why pull him now? Given the offensive struggles lately, this game's essentially over now that you've let him give up a touchdown (plus the PAT). Make him go the distance and save the pen. If he gives up twenty runs, so be it. Maybe embarrassing him to historical levels is what he needs to start earning his money.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX

That's exactly what I'm saying... Why not let him throw 120 pitches and then bring in someone to mop up the mess!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

at this point I'd feel better having Dice-K start left-handed than seeing this tool make another start.  Wow...this holiday turned to crap  less than an hour after 1st pitch.  Are we forgetting that this clown was in the soft AL West?  He clearly can't handle the AL East. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

If Lackey is hurt then he needs to go on the DL.  If he isn't then we have a bigger problem.  When is bucholtz coming off the DL.  it should be an easy move at this point.  Lackey out buch in.  the young guy Miller needs to stay in the rotaion for now he might be a huge find. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Clearly Lackey has no business pitching right now...He just needs to shut it down...Put him on the 60-Day DL, make up an excuse like the Sox PR spin machine did last year with a ton of guys...ENOUGH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Given the team's collective offensive woes, a comeback is not likey, but I'm going to hang in here 'cause "it ain't over 'til it's over."  It's only the fourth inning after all, and we've seen these guys put up some huge innings.  The spark has to happen some time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

at 5-0, you can still make a push...at 7-0, it's like a 3 touchdown lead in football..it's just too much to make up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

2.1 innings. 9 hits, 7 earned runs....yup, 82 million for this guy. take the money from his contract and buy a power-hitter OF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox:
    at 5-0, you can still make a push...at 7-0, it's like a 3 touchdown lead in football..it's just too much to make up.
    Posted by dannycater

FWIW Milwaukee was losing to Minnesota 7-0 after four innings two days ago and won that game 8-7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

If we're going to make this a game, we need to post a crooked number soon. Nine is a nice crooked number.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

problem we have three starters-beckett-lester- and buchholtz-lackey-no wake -no-aceves-doubt-miller-hope,bring up weiland!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If you thought this game was a joke, just wait for the press conferences - Francona and Lackey will certainly be more shameful after the game than during it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

joel, i admire your don't give up attitude, really I do. But this is a game where the Sox bullpen would have to shut them out rest of the game...it's not that easy..what usually happens is that if the Jay starter falls apart, and say the Sox cut it to 7-5...then it usually goes right back to say 9-5...then 9-7, then 11-8, and then the Sox load the bases with no one out at 11-9 and proceed to get doubled up to end the game...in other words, 7-0 is too much.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

is it possible to void his contract

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

hamstring injuries are so terribly diagnosed and players do not take enough time to recover, they rush back and the tendon simply isn't healed....tough injury for a fast guy...could be troubling rest of year for CC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I hear you, Danny.  It's certainly not likely, but I was just pointing out that it's not impossible.  The BP obviously has to pitch lights out.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

now Youk hurt...this is grand...bring in Sutton

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Like I said, when Buck comes back if Wakefield and Miller are healthy and consistently giving you 6 innings/4 Run efforts then something drastic should strongly considered with Lackey.

DL

DFA - maybe he'll clear waivers and end up in the minors

Trade and eat 50% of his salary whilst taking on at least 5 million more in someone else's bad deal

Bury him in the pen

I mean, where do you draw the line?  When his ERA hits 10?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Man, Youk is the most hard luck player this season.  He's an injury waiting to happen.  They should give him a break until after the AS game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In regards to Miller, I've been pleasantly surprised with what he's given us thus far. That said, let's keep things in perspective. He has pitched against three of the weaker hitting teams in MLB (SD, Pitt & Houston). If he does well against the A.L. East, then I'll be a very happy believer.

Regardless, he can't be any worse than Lackey has been this year....

Sections
Shortcuts