Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox

I just looked at the score. Yikes! Lackey ought to be ashamed of himself. His conscience ought to get the better of him. He is absolutely ripping off the Redsox organization. He really ought to refund some of the money back to the organization. I can understanding struggling to a degree, but this is absurd! I would be very suprised, at this point, if he ever regains the form he had with the Angels. WHat a bummer! And then there is the Dice-K deal. I HATE WASTING MONEY!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Monday-Blue Jays at Red Sox : "elbow issue" my ar$$!  This guy $ucked long before he came to the sox!  IMO his win % was mostly due to LUCK!!!  Plus....  His pitching for the Angels...in the AL West, which was a VERY WEAK division at that time????? I honestly believe that Lackey NEVER HAD IT to lose!  I WAS FLOORED when they signed him!!!!!!  Especially to such a RICH & LONG contract!!!  There is NO EASY WAY OUT!  NOBODY will take on this guys contract!!!!  NOBODY!!!!!!! Let's at least cut our loses for this year!  DL the guy for the rest of the year! Go with Beckett, Lester, Buch, Miller, & Wake  PERIOD!  I would rather have Wake & Miller ANY f'n day of the week, month, year!!!!  than this big dumb stiff! SORRY!  Just had to vent, as he has totally ruined the start of my 4th of July! :)   p.s. WE WILL COME BACK!!!!!!   :)   :)    :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

regardless, doesn't mean he doesnt have an elbow issue RSDD.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes, Miller still has some tests ahead of him; we'll know in his next 2 starts what we have there.

Youk should get next Sunday though Thursday OFF

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

andymitch, i know you are not a Wakefield fan, but you know how he is managed by Tito and how he frequently shortleashes him. If he threw anything like Lackey, he would have been released...It's all about that 82 million contract...an all-time albatross..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Pedro could not do any worse. He really cannot do any worse than this. its not possible.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think Wakefield adds value as a 6th starter.  Where I never want to see Wakefield pitch ever again is in the pen and certaintly never ever ever again in the post season...........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Youk really needs the all-star break. Glad that he didn't make the team. The time off is more needed at this point. Would be nice if the offense would come to life to the point that Terry could rest him this weekend against Baltimore.

Seeing him get drilled there reminded me that I was glad to see Marlon Byrd back with the Cubs over the weekend.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Moonslav was a big supporter of being the highest bidder for Slackey.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Showing a good bit of knowledge of things past for such a "new poster". Why do you keep coming back for more softy?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

For the record, once Bay's contract demands went above 75 million, I said "give the money to Lackey"........Albeit it was more than my 75 mil limit with him but I'd still stand behind my decision of taking Lackey over Bay.  I'll also be willing to eat his salary - especially since if it were me, it'd be my first time eating salary since I never would have went after Renteria, Lugo, or Drew......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

wheeler has looked good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

On the bright side, Wheeler is throwing well and has been since coming off the D.L.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

great WASTED JOB by Wheeler...would have been PRODUCTIVE had TITO not waited until it was too late to bring in a reliever.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wheeler has been solid. Start 'im.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

From Wikipedia:

"At the end of the 2009 season Lackey became a free agent, widely regarded as the best free agent starting pitcher on the 2010 market. Baseball Prospectus declared, "Lackey stands alone as the best of the best, a relatively young righty who carries significantly less risk than the other high-upside hurlers," additionally noting he faced a tough division and tougher league and his statistics would likely be even better if he were a National League pitcher.[12] As one of the top free agent starters on the market, he was predicted to command a deal worth around $70 to $80 million, similar to the deal A. J. Burnett received from the Yankees. Lackey drew interest from many teams, including the Seattle Mariners, the Milwaukee Brewers,[13] the New York Yankees,[14] the New York Mets, the Boston Red Sox, and the Pittsburgh Pirates.[15] He formally declined the Angels' offer of salary arbitration on December 8."

I have to admit that I liked the signing at the time.  I sure hate it now, though. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

really?  he certainly has done well since going back into the rotation; only his last start was a bona fide mess.....If you don't agree fine but he still looks like a POTENTIAL upgrade over Lackey.  I'll make my decision at the AS break........when Buck comes back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I liked it also joel. as i recall, so did almost everyone on the board. if he does in fact have an elbow issue, i'll reserve judgment

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]joel, i admire your don't give up attitude, really I do. But this is a game where the Sox bullpen would have to shut them out rest of the game...it's not that easy..what usually happens is that if the Jay starter falls apart, and say the Sox cut it to 7-5...then it usually goes right back to say 9-5...then 9-7, then 11-8, and then the Sox load the bases with no one out at 11-9 and proceed to get doubled up to end the game...in other words, 7-0 is too much.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Look caters, no one should validate your crappy attitude.  Yes, the probabilities are slim - very slim.  As for myself, I'm only partly paying attention to this game because I'm not expecting it and I'm not seeing any signs of a miracle comeback in the works either. 

But you wouldn't expect the players to ever give up playing or fighting, so why should we as fans? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I didn't quite understand the Lackey signing when it happened, but was not opposed to it. I've been hoping against hope that we'd get what the Angels had. No luck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Post game interview question that will not be asked." Tito, how come you left Lackey in for so long?  Everybody's banging Lackey now. Where are the TF questions or the TF  defenders. He should have been out after the 2nd inning. (2) for Wheeler, (2) for Jencks then see where you are at the 7 inning mark. It's not rocket science it's called a plan. With JL you have to go in with a plan. Truth of the matter is; there is no plan. Leave Lackey in to get crushed and go get him when the game is out of reach, 7-0. Thats how you preserve your BP and not give your team a chance at winning. Tito did this , Tito did that, Manager of the Year, HOF. He stinks, big time.                                                          

25. This post has been removed.