game thread: orioles vs. sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

game thread: orioles vs. sox

are we all pink hatters now? noone starts threads at game time anymore? just buch being buch.. give up his usual 5 before the 4th inning, when done willl be at his usual 8. he's not hurt, he just sukkks. has been trending for a while. belongs in pittsburgh or in the bullpen. dice will take buch's place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox

I think it is indicative of an overall disgust with the franchise.

People are not happy to support this team - it costs too much money. 

The owners better recognize the deep problems soon or it could be a repeat of the dark days when they didn't compete and no one expected them to compete.

Meanwhile, Buchholz is an absolute mess.  He needs to go down to AAA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So it seems CC. No one cares. We are all tired of seeing this staff serve up meatball after meatball after meatball, and watching opposing hitters hit home runs over the Green Monster while our hitters can't hit the ball out of the infield. Just not much to talk about, which is why there was no game thread an hour and a half into the game, and why no one cared to start one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox:
    [QUOTE]I think it is indicative of an overall disgust with the franchise. People are not happy to support this team - it costs too much money.  The owners better recognize the deep problems soon or it could be a repeat of the dark days when they didn't compete and no one expected them to compete. Meanwhile, Buchholz is an absolute mess.  He needs to go down to AAA.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I agree it really is sad to see whats going on, i sit in shame and watch this stuff happen and dont post lately cause im so angry, we dont have a decent team at all, aside from a couple decent hitters this team is awful and is very hard to stomach...with that said i love this team but hate this management of it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think if they just go with a major youth movement people will accept 81 - 81.  Just so long as it is young hungry players with promising futures and good attitudes.

What fans won't accept is:  79 - 83 from a team with Beckett, Gonzalez, Crawford, Lackey, Youkilis

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No offense, why bother this team is horrid and its not going to get better by firing the manager. Francona missed this disaster by one year. Cheap management bad ball players, got what they deserved this year. after today they will be about 8 back. Keep picking up garbage like Punto, Ross, Cook, Olenforf, Byrd, Dempster, just a bad bad team. The papers in Boston are going to crucify the management on this team all summer and they deserve it. I wish I could cancel my FIOS MLB package. I dont give a damm about Roush Racing, Liverpool soccer, Henry's boat, or his trophy wife. i care about baseball and this is garbage what he is perpetuating on the fans this year. n response to "game thread: orioles vs. sox": [QUOTE]are we all pink hatters now? noone starts threads at game time anymore? just buch being buch.. give up his usual 5 before the 4th inning, when done willl be at his usual 8. he's not hurt, he just sukkks. has been trending for a while. belongs in pittsburgh or in the bullpen. dice will take buch's place. Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is just disheartening to watch this team. How did they fall so far so fast since last August ?  Then , when good fans express their displeasure , the so-called " real fans " get all bent out of shape and chastise the complainers. The whole situation just stinks. As for Buchholz , he is the worst starter in MLB. There is no way he should be out there. He belongs in Pawtucket. That is very obvious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I have the feeling the Red Sox will come back to win this game.

... but I may be irrational.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They need to become likeable losers.

Right now they are unlikeable losers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I think if they just go with a major youth movement people will accept 81 - 81.  Just so long as it is young hungry players with promising futures and good attitudes. What fans won't accept is:  79 - 83 from a team with Beckett, Gonzalez, Crawford, Lackey, Youkilis
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely. The team needs to be rebuilt around a small core of key players, with young guys filling out the roster. Get rid of the rest , eating the contracts if need be. There is no other way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

have it on.....half watching, half listening. this time of year a lot to do around the house. 

bright spot, Miller looks good 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Miller with 3 Ks in 1.1 innings

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hunter does not have much. Maybe we can still get back in this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I can put up with losing...what I can't put up with is losing with this payroll. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Hoping for Miller to turn a game around has to almost be rock bottom!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Miller looks good, and this game isn't over. But, after a double by Aviles and single by Sweeney, Pedroia pops up on a first pitch and AGon patiently waits for the perfect GIDP pitch and delivers. Now the next two hitters are on but in a new inning. Way to go, pedey and AGon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Hoping for Miller to turn a game around has to almost be rock bottom!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of rooting for Andy Hassler or Matt Young in the dark days

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Absolutely disheartening! 

OK.....  We're back!!!!  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There you go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

MIDDLEBROOKS MUST STAY!!!!   SORRY YOUK!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

GRAND SLAM MIDDLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Keep playing the kids Bobby V. 

Demand more kids on the roster

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

So there is a game thread. 

The Will Middlebrooks era begins big time! 

Wicked Will!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Hunter does not have much. Maybe we can still get back in this.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Nice call dgalehouse, now can they complete the comeback?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Nice Mid.  Fairytale like!