game thread: orioles vs. sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox

Agon will take his 0-8 home to his mansion and count his money. This has become a team of futility and ineptness. Feels like I'm back in 60's. Good luck Lucchino, you twit!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

I feels sorry for McDonald.  He's busting a gut to stay in MLB, will do anything to help the team, is the one that volunteers to pitch then gets saddled with the loss....and to rub salt in the wound he hits into a DP to end it.  Poor guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox:
    This loss is on Valentine.  Thanks for taking Papi out of the game and replacing him with a .188 hitter.
    Posted by lscheue

Myth: Boston has the smartest baseball fans in America.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : I can say he is wrong and a fool.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

He is wrong. I don't know if he is a fool , but he obviously does not understand the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I blame Valentine for this loss. If he hadn't taken Papi out for McDonald, we'd have lost it in the 9th instead of the 17th!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : Myth: Boston has the smartest baseball fans in America.
    Posted by august271985

It takes a real big man to get up & talk smack once the other guy is down.

Grow a sack pal!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I blame Valentine for this loss. If he hadn't taken Papi out for McDonald, we'd have lost it in the 9th instead of the 17th!
    Posted by TheExaminer

Had me going for a second!
    Actually, I do hate taking out Papi in that situation, but it's not the reason for the loss. In fact, it's unlikely we tie it without that move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This has nothing to do with the outcome , but just a question for the rules experts. If you put your D.H. in the field ,  you lose your D.H. , and the pitcher has to bat.  In today's case , it is the same guy . How does that work ? Probably has never happened before.  I guess McDonald still bats , as long as he stays in the game as pitcher, and he can be pinch hit for , but the pinch hitter could not stay in the game unless he pitched.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I feels sorry for McDonald.  He's busting a gut to stay in MLB, will do anything to help the team, is the one that volunteers to pitch then gets saddled with the loss....and to rub salt in the wound he hits into a DP to end it.  Poor guy.
    Posted by Chilliwings

I don't feel bad for him.  He gets paid to perform.

He has to go away now.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : a-gone and crawful get paid a hell of a lot more not to.
    Posted by mryazz

They need to go away too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox":
    This has nothing to do with the outcome , but just a question for the rules experts. If you put your D.H. in the field ,  you lose your D.H. , and the pitcher has to bat.  In today's case , it is the same guy . How does that work ? Probably has never happened before.  I guess McDonald still bats , as long as he stays in the game as pitcher, and he can be pinch hit for , but the pinch hitter could not stay in the game unless he pitched. Posted by dgalehouse
    When you have the statement "McDonlald........stays in the game as pitcher.." in a post, we have a problem that goes way beyond who pinch ran for who and whether or not it should have been done. Just look at the depths we've been dragged down to and marvel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : Had me going for a second! Actually, I do hate taking out Papi in that situation, but it's not the reason for the loss. In fact, it's unlikely we tie it without that move. Posted by LloydDobler
    Yip, which would have saved us all a lot of heartache and bullpen labor. ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to "Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox": Yip, which would have saved us all a lot of heartache and bullpen labor. ;-)
    Posted by TheExaminer

Yeah. And we could have just forfeited the game and had everyone fresh for tomorrow. It was a game we needed , and V. tried to pull out all the stops , but when your hitters don't produce , it is futile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : Yeah. And we could have just forfeited the game and had everyone fresh for tomorrow. It was a game we needed , and V. tried to pull out all the stops , but when your hitters don't produce , it is futile.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    Say everything bad you want to about young Will, but he put the Sox in a position to win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, no doubt V did all he could, the players just didn't do the job. I literally cannot imagine AG striking out on three pitches against the other team's 1b. Incredible, just incredible. This team has an ineptitude that would cause the 62 Mets to blush. What is wrong with these guys?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : Yeah. And we could have just forfeited the game and had everyone fresh for tomorrow. It was a game we needed , and V. tried to pull out all the stops , but when your hitters don't produce , it is futile. Posted by dgalehouse
    LOL, yeah, as it turned out, that would have been better. Too bad the manager is trying to win and the t-ball players won't stand up like men and be counted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : Say everything bad you want to about young Will, but he put the Sox in a position to win.
    Posted by carnie

I'm not saying anything bad about Will. I want him to stay in the lineup. Also , Lavarnway and Linares. They may not have the potential of Middlebrooks , but we need a change. What we have now is not working.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yeah, no doubt V did all he could, the players just didn't do the job. I literally cannot imagine AG striking out on three pitches against the other team's 1b. Incredible, just incredible. This team has an ineptitude that would cause the 62 Mets to blush. What is wrong with these guys?
    Posted by TheExaminer

AGon seems to feeling the pressure. Pressure that he may never have felt before. Pretty apparent that he choked in that last at bat. No other way to describe it.  He is a good hitter , and I think he will figure it out. If he doesn't , he will join Crawford , Lackey and Jenks as monumental blunders. These blunders are really at the heart of what is hurting this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: game thread: orioles vs. sox : AGon seems to feeling the pressure. Pressure that he may never have felt before. Pretty apparent that he choked in that last at bat. No other way to describe it.  He is a good hitter , and I think he will figure it out. If he doesn't , he will join Crawford , Lackey and Jenks as monumental blunders. These blunders are really at the heart of what is hurting this team. Posted by dgalehouse
    That's what scares me. If his lack of performance is really because he's feeling the pressure, we've got a major problem on our hands that's not going to be easy to fix. I'm not convinced it's only that yet, but if it is? RSN will melt down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

From a Baltimore Orioles message board:

"Let's not get too carried away. The O's looked very good against the worst team in baseball since Sept 1, 2011. A better test will be how they do against Texas."

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=316260

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

From a Baltimore Orioles message board:

"Let's not get too carried away. The O's looked very good against the worst team in baseball since Sept 1, 2011. A better test will be how they do against Texas."

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=316260

Sections
Shortcuts