game thread, Red Sox (84-54) vs Rangers(79-61, Lackey vs Harrison79-61) @ Boston Red Sox (84-54)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Re: game thread, Red Sox (84-54) vs Rangers(79-61, Lackey vs Harrison79-61) @ Boston Red Sox (84-54)

100 pitches, can't get past 5, time for a change

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fansinc1948. Show fansinc1948's posts

Re: game thread, Red Sox (84-54) vs Rangers(79-61, Lackey vs Harrison79-61) @ Boston Red Sox (84-54)

What game are Don and Jerry watching?????

Remy continues to say how Lackey has been pitching okay, but with no support. Is Lackey paying these two for the kind words?

If the opponent is batting over .300 against you; if they are playing wall ball with Lackey; if his ERA is over 6; and he is continually allowing 4+ runs in 5 or 6 innings during evry ouiting, how is this fine. 4 runs in 6 innings is a 6.00 ERA!

The bottom line is that Lackey has been horrible all year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

pedey saves a run by not letting that throw go into the outfield. Probably been practicing that save before he woke-up today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

This game is out of reach I'm afraid . . .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -*The-Babe*-. Show -*The-Babe*-'s posts

Quality relief by doubrant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Thank god they have a big lead in the Wild card chase!  This is looking like a little league team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: game thread, Red Sox (84-54) vs Rangers(79-61, Lackey vs Harrison79-61) @ Boston Red Sox (84-54):
    What game are Don and Jerry watching????? Remy continues to say how Lackey has been pitching okay, but with no support. Is Lackey paying these two for the kind words? If the opponent is batting over .300 against you; if they are playing wall ball with Lackey; if his ERA is over 6; and he is continually allowing 4+ runs in 5 or 6 innings during evry ouiting, how is this fine. 4 runs in 6 innings is a 6.00 ERA! The bottom line is that Lackey has been horrible all year!
    Posted by fansinc1948

This game is being shown on TBS , where Smoltz and Darling are actually providing some honest analysis. Much better than listening to the nonsense of the overrated Orsillo and Remy.  As for Lackey , if not for his big contract , he would have been optioned to Pawtucket or DFAed.  Staying in the rotation all year with an ERA of 6.00 and an opponent batting average of .300 is absolutely ridiculous. What more can be said?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Best.

Team.

EVAH!!!

Meanwhile, Swisher hits a 2 run HR.  Yankees up 7-3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

SOme of these games. Boy, seems like im waiting for that one inning. If it never happens then we lose. 9-0. Really? Two series in a row against two teams we need to beat. Not the time for a slump like this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from *-The-Babe-*. Show *-The-Babe-*'s posts

I wonder if the rays can catch the red flops?

Swisher homered....Yanks up 7-3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Another demonstration of lacking in talent Lackey. Guys is as inconsistent as he's always been and Francoma won't yank him when he's obviously running off the rails until the game is out of reach.

Please Theo: send them both packing. Get us a Major League Manager who isn't concerned with hurting his players' feelings. Good lord! How much longer do we have to endure this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Failure to pitch inside is a death sentence in MLB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Timmy time to clean up the stench

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

dgalehouse: great analsys. Can you run this team?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from *-The-Babe-*. Show *-The-Babe-*'s posts

fat albers got lucky there.......

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from *-The-Babe-*. Show *-The-Babe-*'s posts

Jeter with a big single....5 RBI's on the day. Yanks up 9-3. The best offense in baseball continues to hum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, this game is going great. Not a bit surprised that we're going to lose, but I am a little surprised at the score. I was figuring on losing 4-1/3-2 today, or at least I was about 90% sure we'd lose. Although, I'll say that with the way they've been playing at home, the Wild Card may be the best thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from *-The-Babe-*. Show *-The-Babe-*'s posts

In Response to Re: game thread, Red Sox (84-54) vs Rangers(79-61, Lackey vs Harrison79-61) @ Boston Red Sox (84-54):
    In Response to Re: game thread, Red Sox (84-54) vs Rangers(79-61, Lackey vs Harrison79-61) @ Boston Red Sox (84-54) : you're in the wrong seat like ueker who could talk but couldn't play tha geame

Posted by Goofywocky

And you can't spell nor put together an intelligible sentence. What's your point?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I have to give it to the fans at these blowout games. Many stay until the end. I don't care how much I paid for a ticket, with the way the Sox are playing I would be long gone with the score 9-0. This team looks very lethargic and lacking any kind of emotion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I keep thinking back to April. How they started this season is hard to forget. A voice in my head says, don't trust this team. They are just not that good. Good teams don't loose like this. 

Enough positivism for one day...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It is all playing the AL east from here...time to evaluate both the lineups and rotation and pen for the post season.  We need JD Drew to come back and Buch to @ least serve relief.  Maybe sox will rethink the past of leaving timmy off the post season roster 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Wow, Fat Albers got out of the jam.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I keep thinking back to April. How they started this season is hard to forget. A voice in my head says, don't trust this team. They are just not that good. Good teams don't loose like this.  Enough positivism for one day...
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

I don't trust them either prof. I posted yesterday to be afraid of a loss in today's game. I'm glad when they win, but they are the type of team that will have to get hot at exactly the right moment to win it all--kind of like the 2006 Cardinals. Other than that? Get your tee times ready. I've been preaching since June that the offense was going to be a problem, don't care that they're leading the league in AVG.