Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie

Crawford is becoming a serious issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Where is Remey and who is in the booth instead?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

crawford's wide open sideways stance perplexes me
    how can he hit anything with one leg pointing towards mecca and the other facing the north pole?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Hey everyone

lets score more than 1 run tonight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

AM -dempsey catcher w/Os back in the day

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

I think they said Remy was ill so Rick Dempsey is filling in for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

just read up on the first inning

men on 2nd 3rd with 1 out no runs WHY damn it oh well

get em next time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

thanks....i was honestly going to guess Dempsey ala Buck Martinez.......

Crawford needs to just re-set everything.  Bat the guy 9th......Make him take a strike.....Bunt whenever possible....etc etc etc.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie:
    [QUOTE]Hitting with RISP continues to be a problem. Not even a sac. fly from Youk.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

In years past, it always seemed like we left a ton on base, but since we got on base at such a high clip, it kind of evened itself out.  But now that we're struggling just to get on base, when we do and Youk K's on and Papi pops out on 1 pitch, those left on base hurt even more.....because I'm not so sure we're going to start getting on base as in year's past.  Between the first and second innings - you gotta score, or it might come back to bite you where the sun don't shine.  On a positive note, Beckett looks on and the B's are up 2-1 - so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Yankees lead White Sox 3-0, after Cano homerun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

dgalehouse - re:  Direct TV and Sox games.....you still won't get the Sat FOX games unless you are in the New England market....Sling Box is a good way to get around that - legally..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL andrew was thinking the same thing about martinez. this guys not any better.  crawford gets off to a slow start ala teixiera. he'll be fine. patience.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, i am just really uncomfortable with such a huge contract for a guy who isn't a consistent run producer.....i would have thought anything more than 6/100 would be too risky.........too late now.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Colon pitches out of a bases loaded no out jam in the second inning, hitting 95 on the gun with movement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

he'll pay dividends with his speed and play in the field. always liked him. too much pressure trying to live up to contract, it will all even out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]dgalehouse - re:  Direct TV and Sox games.....you still won't get the Sat FOX games unless you are in the New England market....Sling Box is a good way to get around that - legally..
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    There are pros and cons to both. With NESN , you get all the programming. With Extra Innings you get the game only, no pre game or post game. Tonight they are only showing the O's feed. On the other hand , you get all the other games, too. Sometimes nice to watch the Phils , Cards or a late night Dodger game with Vin Scully.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Arg, more futility at the end of the line-up.  I'm not sure what to think of this lineup.  I realize Tito has to change depending on a L or R starter - but I'm wondering if one of the reason's we're not hitting up to snuff is that too many guys don't know their roles, and if they do, don't like them.  I'm from the leadoff CC camp because I think (or use to) that over the course of a year, CC will do better than Ells in that role.  Now I'm not so sure, but seeing CC being put up and down the line-up (and yes, it's kind of his fault) is just wierd.  20+ per year for a 7, 8, or 9 hitter - who da' thunk?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Pass-the-Hubris, this is a red Sox forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dgalehouse - When I get the money, I am going to do both!  NESN Sports Package PLUS Extra Innings!  But if I had to chose one it's the NESN Sports Package.......Even w/o EI I still get a lot of other games via ESPN's, MLB's, FOX, TBS, WGN......and occassionally they forget to blackout another game or it's a freebie preview.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Pass-the-Hubris, this is a red Sox forum.
    Posted by losmediasloco[/QUOTE]

tell that to smileybeni

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]Pass-the-Hubris, this is a red Sox forum.
    Posted by losmediasloco[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Smiley.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Dempsey cracks me up.  He's got a real love fest going on for our guys tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If there is a rain delay I want to see him run on the field doing his Babe Ruth impression!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ells needs to be bat leadoff b/c he hits lefties and righties...Craw does not hit lefties...so if it's CC either you deal w/ lack of offense v LH's or you have to shuffle the line up.......IE Ells leading off stabilizes the line up

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Andrew, what is "Sling?"  I always get blacked out by MLB.com when Fox telecasts.