Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie

This is exactly what I warned you about Joel.  Remember?  I said they have to get to .500 first - preferably by Friday.......and that they could not afford to give away any more games until they were well above 500?  But I figured all they needed to do was win this series so I said "ok, corner turned"...next time I'll wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now you now why....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

This team is due for a big inning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie:
    [QUOTE]how can we spank the angels and beat the yanks 2/3 but look like rookies against the Os?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

club house beer?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Josh limited the damage to some degree. Given our inability to produce offensively, it may not ultimately matter. To think that we've scored once in 14 innings against this sorry pitching staff is disheartening. As AM was stating, the mid 2000's team lit this kind of pitching up. This team has been anti-clutch the entire season to date.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

"AND ANOTHER THING...." I really HATE it when NESN brings in somebody from the other team to fill in for Jerry. It's disgusting to hear them talking about "we've really needed a performance like this" when they guy is actually beating the Red Sox. I don't want to hear that. "Sleeping with the enemy" is exactly right. Just listen to him: "this is not one of those feel good games for the Red Sox.....you really needed that to fall in....it's not happening for you tonight.." SHUT UP!! SHEEEEESH.....Know what I mean Vern? WHHAAAT? Now he's ripping on Papi, wants to see him "dribble that 270 pounds across home plate"? When will NESN end this kind of stupidity?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Four innings left, but the way the offense is struggling , a four run deficit looks like Mount Everest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Just a speed bump, Andrew.  They'll be above .500 by the end of the next home stand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

We're a team in desperate need of a spark/some momentum. Come on, Drew. Run into one!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The offense is not clicking and I do think some of that is how Francona is managing the line up to some extent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

didnt see becket get hot, was watching the hockey. still tied joel. guthrie should be done after 6.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This is making me positively ILL. Will someone PLEASE shut Dempsey up?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Switch over to WEEI and turn down the TV volume...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

So they loose tonight and tomorrow night because they can't hit or pitch to well. But, they do have a great line up and cool staff. What if these guys are exactly who they are. A bunch of guys who just can't ever put it together.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, I've got mlb tv. I watch online--I can't. The only thing I can do is mute the volume from time to time. I'm about 1200 miles from Boston, hard to pick up WEEI. I might put the audio on one comp and the video on the other but then they don't match up. I guess I'll just have to listen to Dempsey brag about how good the Orioles are and gloat every time the Sox make a mistake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Was the CA trip a mirage, not really - we won those games on the strength of our starting pitching, and so far, if our starters aren't on their A game, we don't really have a chance.  Our offense, even when we were doing our best, wasn't the main factor of our winning - it still stunk.  Take a gander at tomorrow's box score and look at our averages and OBP's - you can't win in this division (or in any division) with more than half your lineup hitting under 225 and toting a sub 300 OBP and three or four guys are sub 200/275.  I don't care if you have Cy Young, Walter Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Bob Gibson, and Greg Maddox as your starting rotation - the way we're hitting we'd still be a .500 team at best with what we've shown offensively.  Will this continue?  Probably not, but we're digging ourselves a hole.  Consider, nobody in our division has yet to tear it up yet - the Yanks are in 1st, but do you think they're playing what will be their best ball?  No way - they're going to be better, as will other AL teams.  We don't get off the schnide soon - we'll be looking up the whole year.  April and May games count just as much as August and September ones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]So they loose tonight and tomorrow night because they can't hit or pitch to well. But, they do have a great line up and cool staff. What if these guys are exactly who they are. A bunch of guys who just can't ever put it together.  
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

Do you mean take the money and run? Steve Miller wrote that about Wall St. in advance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

This game turned around on three plays:  Youk can't get ball out of infield in 1st inning.  He is TERRIBLE this year with runners on 2nd or 3rd with less than two outs.   Pop up should have been caught.  Cost them 3 runs.  Bogar is the worst third base coach in baseball.  Can't believe he sent Papi.  He was out by a mile.  Of course with Crawford coming up next what else could he do.  Sad.  There is no excuse for losing to Baltimore.  Sox are looking pathetic again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

this one's not over yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

this would be much more tollerable if we didn't start the season by going 0-6

you think that is in the past?  it won't be in the past until this regular season is over......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Josh hasn't pitched well tonight but if we could catch fairly routine pop-ups and stop a wild pitch, we have at most a one run game. Would be nice to see the $100,000,000 offense make an appearance for a change.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Somebody wake me when A-Gon hits another homer.  That NL pitching must be really easy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie : Do you mean take the money and run? Steve Miller wrote that about Wall St. in advance.
    Posted by amishrockstar[/QUOTE]

Yes, thats it, that is what they are doing.... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Will all the worriers, doubters and disgusted ones please try to keep a little perspective.  IT IS ONLY APRIL!  The hitting will come around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]This game turned around on three plays:  Youk can't get ball out of infield in 1st inning.  He is TERRIBLE this year with runners on 2nd or 3rd with less than two outs.   Pop up should have been caught.  Cost them 3 runs.  Bogar is the worst third base coach in baseball.  Can't believe he sent Papi.  He was out by a mile.  Of course with Crawford coming up next what else could he do.  Sad.  There is no excuse for losing to Baltimore.  Sox are looking pathetic again.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Good point there about Bogar. We had the same discussions about this last year. He lost the Sox several games, one of which was that game in April against Tampa when the Sox got swept.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I said this in March and I'll say it again - this team will go as far as Buck, Lester, and Youk can carry them.  1 out of 3 has showed up and our record shows that.........

Sections
Shortcuts